• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Liverpool Season 2009-10

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just when you thought that's more like it...

Liverpool 1 Aston Villa 3

Loserpool finishing outside the top four this season?
That's the hope of course.
I am allow to dream, can't i?:biggrin:

Fat spanish waiter has now lost the same amount of league games
after three matches than they lost in the whole of last season.:eek:
It will take a monumental effort from them now to win this season's title
and it doesn't look like they have got it in them.
Bye Bye rafa.:p

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The defeat to Aston Villa was especially surprising and unpleasant for Liverpool fans as it was in Anfield. Dropping 6 points out of the first 9 really banged a big dent on any title hope. Perhaps they haven't got used to playing without Xavi Alonso yet.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Depressed and worried is all that I can say...:(...

I don't think the key problem relates to xabi's departure...i mean he is good and was probably the Reds best player last season but i can't believe that he is the main cause for this terrible slump in form...suspect more to do with off the pitch matters that have been simmering and formenting for at least the last 3 seasons...this is having an inevitable big impact on the dressing room...Rick Parry's departure alone is not enough...Hicks/Gillete appear to be the main stumbling block, unfortunately it looks unlikely that they shall be selling out in the near future...I won't be surprised if Rafa walks out or is sacked by christmas...

it is probably going to be a long hard and fretful season for Reds fans...made even harder by the rise of Man City and Spurs apart from the other 3 of the Big 4...really hope i am proven wrong...wish Aquilani will turn out to be a godsend and help to fire the Reds back to life when he makes his debut and plays out the season...come on you Reds...

YNWA

raul1333

You have been croaking in and out of the thread spewing your views.
Either you are too damned free or you sure are scared of the Reds doing well.
Every dog has it's day.Go post in your Man U thread where you'll be appreciated more.
You are wasting space over here.
The season has just started.It is still a long way to go before you see the leader of the league. Cheers & up yours!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In case you haven't noticed, I'm neutral as far as clubs are concerned.

I do support Singapore and England in internationals.

And yes, I do spew views about clubs even though I'm neutral.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Liverpool 1 A.Villa 3
Blame the first two goals on Lucas
First he committed a silly foul and then
score an own goal. Second goal~he stood there
like dummy when the corner was taken and resulting
in a free header for Davies to score.
He was in front and closest to the ball but did
not make attempt to challenge for the ball.
Subsequently, he was substituted.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
very lousy performance.
hopefully we can pick up and move on.
without Alonso,the midfield and the supply-line to Gerrard and Torres is lessen.
Luca is no good after quite a few season

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As reported Alonso is always the one who goes deep
inside their own half to look for ball and spread it up-front.
Who is going to take over the duty? Gerrard gave away a
penalty doing part time job for Alonso, Javier Mascherano
can only do half that job, who is going to get players
send-off this season?
Javier Mascherano can only get himself send-off.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bolton 2 Liverpool 3
Each time a goal down fought back to win.
Lucas can do the job of Alonso?
Getting player send-off? :P

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
once again not a convincing performance by the lads...but at least the Reds showed resilience by coming back twice to win...apart from the attack problems i am now very concerned over the defence especially when it comes to set pieces and corners...this zonal system appears to be diabolical...7 goals leaked in 4 matches(well 3 in fact) is not acceptable...hope rafa uses the international break to plug the holes...don't want burnley to be another banana peel:eek:

jw5

Loyal
once again not a convincing performance by the lads...but at least the Reds showed resilience by coming back twice to win...apart from the attack problems i am now very concerned over the defence especially when it comes to set pieces and corners...this zonal system appears to be diabolical...7 goals leaked in 4 matches(well 3 in fact) is not acceptable...hope rafa uses the international break to plug the holes...don't want burnley to be another banana peel:eek:
Reina is a great shot stopper, but he is a little suspect with high balls.
I think this may be the season that Carragher starts to show his age.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes on both counts...pepe gives me a heart attack at times when he deals with set pieces and corners...as for carra, he has been rubbish this season...the faster agger get's fit the better...even the new greek 'monster' kryg appears better than carra except for his slow reaction but i give him the benefit as it was his first EPL game...
Reina is a great shot stopper, but he is a little suspect with high balls.
I think this may be the season that Carragher starts to show his age.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wat's going on with Pool? Another one wants to jump ship?

Frustrated Reds forward Babel eyes Ajax return

Liverpool's Ryan Babel has admitted he is keen to join former club Ajax on loan in January and has accused Rafa Benitez of failing to keep promises regarding his first team chances.

Babel, an £11.5m signing from Ajax in the summer of 2007, has become an increasingly peripheral figure at Anfield and after starting the opening day defeat to Tottenham Hotspur, the Dutch international has played only 14 minutes as a substitute since.

Benitez only started the 22-year-old in six Premier League games last season and Babel is growing ever more frustrated with his inability to command a regular place, particularly with Holland looking forward to their participation at the World Cup finals next summer.

Now the Amsterdam-born forward is keen to return to his hometown club on loan in January having been disappointed by the chances afforded to him in the early part of the season.

"There have been a lot of things promised, but they haven't been followed up," Babel told De Telegraaf. "I would get to play for more minutes and have more chances, but after the first defeat, I only lost my place.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Babel: Benitez is a big fat liar:eek:
Ryan Babel has lashed out at Rafa Benitez for not fulfilling his promises, a move that could damage his World Cup chances.
Babel is desperate to join Ajax on loan after accusing Benitez of making him a scapegoat for Liverpool's 2-1 defeat at Spurs.
Axed Babel, 22, said: "There were all sorts of assurances and promises from the club but they have not kept them. I should get more playing time but after the first defeat of the season I was the only one who was singled out - and I lost my place."
The Dutchman, a £11.5 million acquisition from Ajax a couple of years ago, has featured in only 14 minutes as a substitute since the Reds' opening day loss.
Babel did not feature for Holland over the weekend in a friendly against Japan and the midweek World Cup qualifier in Scotland, until Ibrahim Afellay's injury saw him getting another chance with the national side.
Babel added: "Being left out was a real shock and very worrying. I didn't expect not to be named, I'd already booked my ticket! We will have to review the situation again in January."
"But I think half a season back at Ajax, with a World Cup coming up next summer, wouldn't be a bad option at all."
"I see the current situation at Liverpool as a signal I have to be playing more."

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
babel came with a hefty price tag and great promise and expectations...unfortunately he has disappointed more than delighted when given a chance on the pitch...i think if rafa could get the same price that he paid for babel he would have probably offloaded him before 2/9 and used the $$$ to get another striker...well between now and the winter transfer window i suggest rafa try using babel as an out an out striker on the right together with torres or in place of torres as a sub(4-4-2; 4-2-3-1) because babel is not suited on the left wing, nor as a left midfielder...

Lion_Barbell

Alfrescian
Loyal
babel is not suited on the left wing, nor as a left midfielder...

Benitez should try Babel out as a centre-back !! His playing style and physical attributes is more suitable for that position than left winger or striker.
And he oftens cannot hit the target so there is little chance of him scoring own goals :p

terror03

Alfrescian
Loyal
Babel only show glimpses of brilliance whenever he is on the field. Can't deny the fact that most of the times is disappointing to watch.