• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious May I suggest merging the following four low-traffic sub-forums into the Courtyard?

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
sammyboy.com/forumdisplay.php?3-The-Political-Serious-Zone-no-rep-deductions
sammyboy.com/forumdisplay.php?13-International-News
sammyboy.com/forumdisplay.php?6-Singapore-Suicides
sammyboy.com/forumdisplay.php?8-Singapore-Crime

followed by adding more thread prefixes for thread-starters to select:
sammyboy.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_message icons
("Thread Prefixes can be used to further identify your thread as containing a particular content in the forum. If your administrator has enabled these, you will see a box before the title box which contains a menu with the available prefixes for you to choose from.")

This is based on my philosophy that simplicity is the best policy. :o

In addition, to be fair to more (preferably all, but at least as many as possible) thread-starting members, the number of threads per Courtyard page should be increased to at least 50 (yes, fifty), so as to increase the chances for every new thread started within the past 24 hours everyday to remain on the Courtyard's first page for at least 24 hours after the thread was started, something like:
sbfsg.net/forumdisplay.php?f=27 ("Coffee Shop Talk of a non sexual Nature")
And of course, threads about exactly the same issue (especially news articles) should always be merged as soon as possible.
Hopefully, this will encourage more unique real-life human beings (whether they are existing or new members) to start threads and post. :smile:

Also, it seems to me that only Leongsam and zhihau are actively moderating the forum (and even then, it doesn't seem active enough), so it might be too stressful for them.
If that's the case, may I suggest promoting both:
sammyboy.com/member.php?1775-eatshitndie
and:
sammyboy.com/member.php?977-jw5
to Moderator status, simply because they seem to be active enough (obviously because they are still in good health and interested enough in this forum), experienced enough (they have been active members since this forum started in 2008) and mature enough (in my opinion, of course :o) to do a good job.
attachment.php

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: May I suggest merging the following four low-traffic sub-forums into the Courtyar

Lol....lol....fucking smelly duck liver. How many did your mother clone when she conceive you in her rectum along with the different sperm donors?...lol...Not counting the sei hao hai Alamaking and the think he belongs in the wealthy elite class Froggy the arse banger of course. LOL

Last edited:

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: May I suggest merging the following four low-traffic sub-forums into the Courtyar

Almost exactly a year ago, Leongsam said:
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?229469-Have-added-thread-prefixes&p=2443831#post2443831
I'm willing to try anything and I would like to try it as quickly as possible. :smile:
so I hope my suggestions might inspire him. :o

He also said in the same thread:
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?229469-Have-added-thread-prefixes&p=2443839#post2443839
the "serious" folder can be shut down since serious discussions are being abandoned there and crowding in the courtyard folder which is originally meant for all forms of light-hearted dribble. my old analogy of abandoned sinkie "intellectual" uncles pulling long faces when they shamelessly drag themselves from their boardroom to a kiddie playground to get attention rings uncannily true.
Yeah let me think about that I was hoping to continue to use it for my photography talk and other stuff of interest but if it remains a ghost town i might as well merge everything together.

I've lost singveld who was great at discussing camera and photography issues.
and I also agree with eatshitndie's post (to which Leongsam was replying) and hsienloong's post in the same thread:
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?229469-Have-added-thread-prefixes&p=2444010#post2444010
Hope to see more categories.

Last edited: