• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat So i just bought a condo

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I followed the crowd and bought a new condo in clwmenti for investment. The size is a joke (75sqm). The price is a joke (near 900k). From a happy debt-free life i must now fork out 3k month for life and hope the market don't tank. Come in and laugh at me.

Wow you are very ..... . Did you vote for the PAP in the last GE?

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I followed the crowd and bought a new condo in clwmenti for investment. The size is a joke (75sqm). The price is a joke (near 900k). From a happy debt-free life i must now fork out 3k month for life and hope the market don't tank. Come in and laugh at me.

There's just too many condo in this tiny red dot these days.
Don't think your condo can fetch more than 1mil with that kind of 75sqm when you resell it.
In the first place you might as well down grade to a 3 room flat and keep all the cash with you and enjoy a more comfortable life.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are lots of voices in Singapore. How do you know you're listening to the right ones?

There is no such thing as who is right or wrong till result is published in this TS case . So I use a methodology to listen to the voices. Those voices i always heard were from people who made analysis and wild guesses but no money to buy or invest. The outcome of such people is usually ended with "horse first then cannon" in Chinese 马后炮 so their guesses were mostly correct and then they will make "If only I had bought the property earlier....I would have ..."

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's just too many condo in this tiny red dot these days.
Don't think your condo can fetch more than 1mil with that kind of 75sqm when you resell it.
In the first place you might as well down grade to a 3 room flat and keep all the cash with you and enjoy a more comfortable life.

Property price falling.esp condos.
Expect a sharp n significant fall.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why are you giving money to PAP? To buy any mortgage related liabilities is to give money to PAP.

Sinkies love to give business to PAP. No wonder you are screwed daily. Buy getting this condo. U open your ass bigger for them to screw.. Pls take care of your utilities bill.. Set aside 30% more.

KTKTKT

Sir, there is no need to refrain from any words.. Just say it.. He is a sinkie.. Do not deserve any respect at all.

you talk so much, aren't you yourself a sinkie too?
dgHHq

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recent data has dashed hopes that private property prices have bottomed out

In Q2 2016, the decline in property prices seemed to slow, with luxury properties even inching up 0.3 percent. This created the impression that property prices had bottomed out, and would not go any lower.

This was dispelled by results in Q3 2016. Being the 12th straight quarter of declining property prices, it was also one of the steepest declines. The drop in overall property prices accelerated from 0.4 percent to 1.5 percent (although this was partly due to a new methodology in recording prices, which uses the net sale price rather than the gross price).

Taking a step back, it becomes easier to see predictions of “bottoming out” as unfounded optimism. Property prices now, even after a year of continued declines, have only fallen by around 10.8 percent since their peak in 2013. Given that prices ramped up almost 60 percent between 2009 and 2013, the drop in prices that we’re seeing are not significant as they may seem. Prices can, and probably will, go lower.

A weak rental market that turns property assets into liabilities

Tenants rule the market, with rental rates being in decline since 2013. We have discussed these rental issues in some detail in a previous article.

Nonetheless, as a recap, rental transactions are rising, while rental rates are falling. This is indicative of tenants taking up shorter leases, in the expectation of negotiating or finding a cheaper rental rate later, given the pressure landlords are facing.

A major concern among landlords are rental rates in prime districts (districts 9,10, and 11), as the economy has soured for professionals in the oil and gas and banking industry. These sectors tend to bring in the professionals who can afford to rent such properties, and the current slump in oil prices and a weakening a financial sector means fewer such expatriates. Among the expatriates that still arrive, they are likely to see lower housing allowances.

As rental incomes decline, and interest rates go up, landlords may see their property assets turn into liabilities. This could result in a rush to offload the property, particularly among over-leveraged investors who made their purchases before the implementation of loan curbs. This will put further downward pressure on property prices, and is likely to result in good bargains for those with cash on hand.

A weak economic outlook

The Ministry for Trade and Industry (MTI) has downgraded the growth forecast to between one and 1.5 percent, down from one to 2 percent. In Q3 2016, all main sectors of the economy contracted, with manufacturing down 9.1 percent, construction down 0.8 percent, and services down 1.3 percent. Singapore is flirting with a technical recession, and growth opportunities from the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) have likely been dashed under America’s new leadership.

Investors are likely to be more cautious, and may withhold property purchases in this uncertain time. Home buyers, who should rightly view their house as a place to stay and not in terms of capital gains or rental income, will see less competition for the properties they want.

The cooling measures are still in place

Enough has been said about this that we probably don’t need to elaborate. Cooling measures, such as the imposition of a 15 percent Additional Buyers Stamp Duty (ABSD) on foreign buyers, have made Singapore property expensive by comparison to Hong Kong, Australia, or the UK (in light of the falling pound after Brexit).

For the time being, Singapore’s property market may be losing a few foreign buyers to other property hotspots. It is improbable that cooling measures will be lifted anytime soon, given they are fulfilling the government’s intentions exactly as planned.

Singapore’s property market is becoming more catered to home owners, and is winding down from the inflated prices in 2013.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Really pitiful.

This unit in Bangkok within one of Bangkok's best golf courses Panya Indra's property and behind Fashion Island Mall (one of the largest malls in Bangkok) cost 8mil baht (S$320,000) and freehold. Build-in 270 sqm 2 storeys, sitting on 400 sqm land per unit, 4 bedrooms, 1 walk-in wardrobe, 6 toilets, 1 maid room.

Even if you throw in a renovation cost of 2mil baht one can still expect a modest net rental yield of 6.7% and the potential capital growth over the next 5 years in this area is positive (may not be great like Singapore).

IMG_4274.JPG

Sinkies are paying too much for pigeon holes

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really pitiful.

This unit in Bangkok within one of Bangkok's best golf courses Panya Indra's property and behind Fashion Island Mall (one of the largest malls in Bangkok) cost 8mil baht (S$320,000) and freehold. Build-in 270 sqm 2 storeys, sitting on 400 sqm land per unit, 4 bedrooms, 1 walk-in wardrobe, 6 toilets, 1 maid room.

Even if you throw in a renovation cost of 2mil baht one can still expect a modest net rental yield of 6.7% and the potential capital growth over the next 5 years in this area is positive (may not be great like Singapore).

View attachment 29985

Look nice.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't worry about rental. You can create a niche for yourself by discriminating non-Indians. Advertise as "Indians only" and very soon your unit will be the most famous condo in Singapore after Melville and Mandarin.

rofl no complaints there cos it's ok to discriminate non shit skins especially Chinese.:rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Really pitiful.

View attachment 29985

What do they mean by freehold in Bangkok? In different places freehold can mean 25, 50,...or 999 years.
For foreigners(Sporean) you have to buy under a company name right?

Spore is getting ridiculous cost wise and I'm sure many are looking at moving elsewhere.

I've been considering getting a condo near the beach for a $150k but am flexible. I miss living in a private property. You get more privacy without the noise from above :smile: