• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat So i just bought a condo

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know that many Sporeans look at buying properties to rent out for their retirement. I don't think people realise that it is not always that easy. I know someone who got beaten up by her tenant. She was an old woman & the tenant a young foreigner.

Don't forget that many crimes are carried out by foreigners & they can simply leave the country. Unlike in the past we cannot rely on the courts & police to protect us.

I think the golden age of Spore is over & things have been going downhill for sometime.
So it's risky to invest $$$ in Spore. It might be better to just rent.

Oh my goodness so lawless, what's the nationality of that foreigner? Only in spore can foreigners act like king.

Last edited:

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know that many Sporeans look at buying properties to rent out for their retirement. I don't think people realise that it is not always that easy. I know someone who got beaten up by her tenant. She was an old woman & the tenant a young foreigner.

Don't forget that many crimes are carried out by foreigners & they can simply leave the country. Unlike in the past we cannot rely on the courts & police to protect us.

I think the golden age of Spore is over & things have been going downhill for sometime.
So it's risky to invest $$$ in Spore. It might be better to just rent.

Singaporean is being bullied in Singapore

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporean is being bullied in Singapore

I've given up on Spore. I have enough $ to live here but it would at the expense of the quality of life e.g noise, pollution, threats of epidemics & pandemics, ....

Today I was out getting my groceries & I had to struggle because it was heavy carrying all the things that I had bought. It is at times like this that you miss having a car.

Years ago I took steps to divest myself of all my Spore assets. Today I only have a condo which I will probably own until I up the lorry.
I will resume my search for a 2nd or 3rd new home :smile: Maybe even visit Australia & NZ. Lead the life of a gypsy :smile:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
new townhomes near apple campus are now selling for usd699 psf. will be usd969 psf when spaceship campus is operational.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've given up on Spore. I have enough $ to live here but it would at the expense of the quality of life e.g noise, pollution, threats of epidemics & pandemics, ....

Today I was out getting my groceries & I had to struggle because it was heavy carrying all the things that I had bought. It is at times like this that you miss having a car.

Years ago I took steps to divest myself of all my Spore assets. Today I only have a condo which I will probably own until I up the lorry.
I will resume my search for a 2nd or 3rd new home :smile: Maybe even visit Australia & NZ. Lead the life of a gypsy :smile:

Very nice sir,I salute you and every sinkie that's taking steps to say goodbye to this fuckhole.even spending more time outside of SG is a good start.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Silicon Valley is an ok place but if you're not working in IT there are better places out there.

not just i.t. anymore. there's still hardware like cpu, gpu, fpga, asic, and a host of specialized chipsets and soc. and then there's machine coding that goes into the hardware plus kernels. and there's breakthrough battery tech being developed, including a type of lithium battery that doesn't catch fire or burn. and there's genetic, genome and pharm research in south of sf and emeryville across the bay. then there's automobile, self driving, and more efficient hydrogen fuel and electric hybrids going through development. with robotic automobiles and drones, there's also a resurgence in radio, radar, antenna and rf related r&d and startups in the south bay. and all kinds of iot hardware and software startups all across the peninsula. eventually your water closet in the loo will be watching you, collect data on your shitting habits, check on your shit, scan your arsehole, and push advice and ads to you to teach you how to clean your anus properly without leaving residue and getting your middle finger stained.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very nice sir,I salute you and every sinkie that's taking steps to say goodbye to this fuckhole.even spending more time outside of SG is a good start.

Actually wanted to move to Pattaya but I found out in my last trip that it's too hot. I guess I'm getting old & sensitive. I found myself living like a vampire. Staying indoors during the day & going out only during the evenings.

That's why I prefer a place by the beach. Not for the sand but for the sea breezes.

Will also take a look at places like Bandung, Changmai, Bali, ... or maybe only visit during the cooler seasons.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually wanted to move to Pattaya but I found out in my last trip that it's too hot. I guess I'm getting old & sensitive. I found myself living like a vampire. Staying indoors during the day & going out only during the evenings.

That's why I prefer a place by the beach. Not for the sand but for the sea breezes.

Will also take a look at places like Bandung, Changmai, Bali, ... or maybe only visit during the cooler seasons.

Bandung very cooling.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not just i.t. anymore. there's still hardware like cpu, gpu, fpga, asic, and a host of specialized chipsets and soc. and then there's machine coding that goes into the hardware plus kernels. and there's breakthrough battery tech being developed, including a type of lithium battery that doesn't catch fire or burn. and there's genetic, genome and pharm research in south of sf and emeryville across the bay. then there's automobile, self driving, and more efficient hydrogen fuel and electric hybrids going through development. with robotic automobiles and drones, there's also a resurgence in radio, radar, antenna and rf related r&d and startups in the south bay. and all kinds of iot hardware and software startups all across the peninsula. eventually your water closet in the loo will be watching you, collect data on your shitting habits, check on your shit, scan your arsehole, and push advice and ads to you to teach you how to clean your anus properly without leaving residue and getting your middle finger stained.

Like I said it's an ok place. Used to visit the place when I was working in the IT business.
Now that I'm retired I'm looking for my own corner(s) of paradise.

If anyone is looking for a decent hotel. Take a look at Pruneyard Inn http://silicon.valley.hotelguide.net/data/h100004.htm

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
fixer upper in santa clara county. sold for over usd1m mainly for location and parcel of land.

IMG_4211.JPG

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like I said it's an ok place. Used to visit the place when I was working in the IT business.
Now that I'm retired I'm looking for my own corner(s) of paradise.

If anyone is looking for a decent hotel. Take a look at Pruneyard Inn http://silicon.valley.hotelguide.net/data/h100004.htm

highly recommend los for sinkies who wish to be close to sg (2 to 3 hours of flight). in fact i won't recommend sf bay area if you're not working here. it's near impossible to buy a home if you don't have at least usd699k for downpayment and a pre-qualified loan of usd699k.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bandung very cooling.

Problem with Bandung is that the place is packed with people visiting from Jakarta during the weekends & holidays.
You also need a car to get around.

30 minutes from Bandung is Lembang which has an inactive volcano. You can visit the hot springs, do horse riding,... etc.
The air was clean when I was there a few years back. Need to do a recce to see how the place has changed

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Problem with Bandung is that the place is packed with people visiting from Jakarta during the weekends & holidays.
You also need a car to get around.

30 minutes from Bandung is Lembang which has an inactive volcano. You can visit the hot springs, do horse riding,... etc.
The air was clean when I was there a few years back. Need to do a recce to see how the place has changed

Air is good.abit backward