• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Infidelity in Organisations - the Singaporean notion

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am quite puzzled that Singaporeans genuinely think that infidelity is a crime or conduct for which the employer or the state has to address and bring the parties involved to be answerable for their conduct. I am also wondering if this is conditioned by the media over something that took place as result of Yawgate.

Before going on to Yawgate, let me sort of give the position in such matters that organisations in the main take over such matters. Firstly it is not their business and a private matter and HR and the management will make their position clear on this. They only intervene if there are allegations where abuse of office including favouritism is involved etc. Where dismal or disciplinary sanctions are involved, it is because things like the corporate card is used for the tryst or abuse of position has occurred or lies provided during an inquiry to address allegations arising from the affair and not the affair itself.

A former Director and Head of CPIB was appointed by PSC and the old man despite he was known to be involved in an office romance with a subordinate, both parties married. He proceeded to divorce his wife and this is where it gets interesting. The ex-wife who happened to be in CPIB was seconded to another Govt department and out of CPIB by the Civil Service to facilitate the appointment to the new post. And mind you the appointment to CPIB is not an easy hurdle to clear, possibly the highest standard expected in the civil service.

In the case of Yaw, he was not expelled for adultery. There was allegations from one of his conquest that she felt compelled to provide additional service to maintain her employment. Yaw failed to turn up to answer questions and did a runner. In fact, WP sort of treated it as a private matter in the first instance and only acted after the fresh allegations came about.

The PAP had through out its history including in recent times had cabinet ministers and MPs screwing around, having kids out of wedlock and if no serious abuse has taken place, the parties are told to sort out their own matters and not to make it a public spectacle. The Civil Service gets hundreds of complaints each year usually from aggrieved spouses and the vast majority is left to the parties to sort it out themselves. Sometimes the superiors step in to counsel if the office work is affected.

The point is that one should not be led by the state controlled media by the nose. Nobody proceeds to have an expensive by-elections because surprise surprise!! a man and woman had wild sex in the privacy of a room.

The state controlled media will never ask the PM if infidelity or adultery is a dismissible conduct. And you know why?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its funny, this incident. My friends in Singapore has not a clue what was going on here, till I mentioned it to them. They were surprised that only I mentioned it to them from aussieland. I suppose most Singaporeans are apathetic to the cause of the resignation and just laps up what the MSM gives to them.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well some sinkies think it warrants punishment others don't think so so don't tar all under the same brush. Btw could you explain why was Michel Palmer forced to resign when there isn't any other underlying happening just the affair itself which would embarrass the establishment as claimed.

Ps now going to log in as Gd to brag about your own thread and call out others?

blueRad

Alfrescian
Loyal
And the PAP can only blame themselves for the muck they find themselves in. When they hammer so hard on Yawgate, they kind of set a precedent on what consequences PAP politicians will face if they did the same thing. Palmer was the first and Ong's affair bite them back in the ass the second time.

Most BB's residents probably don't really care and I personally don't care either. So many competent politicians around the world commit adultery and went on to get re-elected.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you mean "dismissal"
rather than "dismal"

I am quite puzzled that Singaporeans genuinely think that infidelity is a crime or conduct for which the employer or the state has to address and bring the parties involved to be answerable for their conduct. I am also wondering if this is conditioned by the media over something that took place as result of Yawgate.

Before going on to Yawgate, let me sort of give the position in such matters that organisations in the main take over such matters. Firstly it is not their business and a private matter and HR and the management will make their position clear on this. They only intervene if there are allegations where abuse of office including favouritism is involved etc. Where dismal or disciplinary sanctions are involved, it is because things like the corporate card is used for the tryst or abuse of position has occurred or lies provided during an inquiry to address allegations arising from the affair and not the affair itself.

A former Director and Head of CPIB was appointed by PSC and the old man despite he was known to be involved in an office romance with a subordinate, both parties married. He proceeded to divorce his wife and this is where it gets interesting. The ex-wife who happened to be in CPIB was seconded to another Govt department and out of CPIB by the Civil Service to facilitate the appointment to the new post. And mind you the appointment to CPIB is not an easy hurdle to clear, possibly the highest standard expected in the civil service.

In the case of Yaw, he was not expelled for adultery. There was allegations from one of his conquest that she felt compelled to provide additional service to maintain her employment. Yaw failed to turn up to answer questions and did a runner. In fact, WP sort of treated it as a private matter in the first instance and only acted after the fresh allegations came about.

The PAP had through out its history including in recent times had cabinet ministers and MPs screwing around, having kids out of wedlock and if no serious abuse has taken place, the parties are told to sort out their own matters and not to make it a public spectacle. The Civil Service gets hundreds of complaints each year usually from aggrieved spouses and the vast majority is left to the parties to sort it out themselves. Sometimes the superiors step in to counsel if the office work is affected.

The point is that one should not be led by the state controlled media by the nose. Nobody proceeds to have an expensive by-elections because surprise surprise!! a man and woman had wild sex in the privacy of a room.

The state controlled media will never ask the PM if infidelity or adultery is a dismissible conduct. And you know why?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Male MPs should be allowed to screw as many women as they want. It should be one of the perks of an otherwise mundane job.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
scroobal is so stupid. This kind of juicy trysts spread like wild fire on social media. PAP will be damned if they don't respond.

Do you think we are still living in the dinosaur age of the 70s and 80s where extramarital affairs can be hushed away?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will be interesting to see how the BB residents react vote wise. I don't expect any surprises but so far lots of praises for David Ong from the residents who were interviewed by the state controlled press.

And the PAP can only blame themselves for the muck they find themselves in. When they hammer so hard on Yawgate, they kind of set a precedent on what consequences PAP politicians will face if they did the same thing. Palmer was the first and Ong's affair bite them back in the ass the second time.

Most BB's residents probably don't really care and I personally don't care either. So many competent politicians around the world commit adultery and went on to get re-elected.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
How that part of the World bro. Long time since I went to that thread. I can understand the apathy. 2015 was real low for those who were pushing for some semblance of democracy and real fourth estate. I guess it will not be anytime soon.

Its funny, this incident. My friends in Singapore has not a clue what was going on here, till I mentioned it to them. They were surprised that only I mentioned it to them from aussieland. I suppose most Singaporeans are apathetic to the cause of the resignation and just laps up what the MSM gives to them.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Charlie, you are right. Hope you are well.

Btw what happened to the rest of Canadian Singaporeans, no picture, no sound. I know Doc is into his transition back to Medicine. Lots of SBF members getting to the tipping point of their health.

Do you mean "dismissal"
rather than "dismal"

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, you need to get off the Nelson persona and get back to your PAP challenging mode. Missed that objective querying mind of yours. By the way tantric sex was made acceptable by the Civil Service nearly 15 years ago.

ps. I still haven't made it to the Mee Goring joint that you recommended Kembangan. This post jolted my memory.

Bro,
Nothing beats tantric sex :p:p:p

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
How that part of the World bro. Long time since I went to that thread. I can understand the apathy. 2015 was real low for those who were pushing for some semblance of democracy and real fourth estate. I guess it will not be anytime soon.

Good good, to be honest, I've slowly not bothered about news from SG anymore as well. All the other oldies in aussieland no longer active. Sigh miss the old days here.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Btw what happened to the rest of Canadian Singaporeans, no picture, no sound. I know Doc is into his transition back to Medicine. Lots of SBF members getting to the tipping point of their health.

hello [scroobal],

Thank you. I am well, and looking forward to spring and summer.

Welcome back.

I do not know of other "Canadian Singaporeans", but I have heard from the "Doc", who is practising Family Medicine (as a family physician, rather than orthopaedic surgery).
The "Doc" appears to have a thriving and profitable practice, as well as a very balanced lifestyle, especially enjoying skiing with his family, the scenic beauty of Alberta and Canada.
I am glad that my family and I met him and his then smaller (now three children) during one of our visits to Singapore, while he was in the process of considering and applying to migrate to either Australia or Canada.
He is an outstanding individual, practical and realistic, who was determined to do whatever it takes to give his family a more balanced and varied lifestyle.
I admire him.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

You have only words. Will you be so lliberal if Wendy Lim is your wife ?

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
scroobal is so stupid. This kind of juicy trysts spread like wild fire on social media. PAP will be damned if they don't respond.

Do you think we are still living in the dinosaur age of the 70s and 80s where extramarital affairs can be hushed away?
The true test to prove that modern sinkies are ok with MPs having extra-marital affairs as long as they do their job as MP is for D Ong to stand again to get another mandate in the by election. Henceforth, horny PAP MPs can have as many extra-marital affairs without resigning.

In the process, abolish woman's charter and legalise polygamy and allow common law wives and concubines as as long one can afford it.

Who knows how many male and female PAP MPs have been sleeping around with their grassroot volunteers, the only difference is they have not be exposed yet?

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow, I didn't know that there were so many infidelity and adultery affairs in the PAP hidden from the public. Maybe the hidden meaning of the PAP acronym is actually ...
PAP = Peoples Adultery Party ?
PAP = Pro Adultery Party ?
PAP = Party for Adulterers to Piak ?

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Having unvielded his secret weapon and totally destroying his external electoral enemies, the Son King is moving now to destroy the enemies within.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

Hi Scroobal, good to see you back. I still read the forums everyday. I just don't post. As I am officially no longer Singaporean, I have very little vested interest in what goes on in the country except for pure entertainment.

Hope you are well. It is indeed refreshing to see your posts once more.