• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Maybe this pub never pay 'protection' money...Not sure if this practice is prevalent in Msia

I think its not because of protection money but rather just some drunk folks at Toshokan(The Library).
Fights after alcohol happens too often unfortunately.

Many people do not understand themselves so they either drink too much or drive too recklessly.
Too many times, the next day then realisation or regret finally kicks in, if they are still breathing that is.

Folks should lighten up and do this instead when they are drunk:

http://youtu.be/xUNb4yBz9Ck (This is Orang, Sabah style)

Wishing one and all my local friends, a Happy (Belated) National Day.
:smile:

Last edited:

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Narmi,

I am so sorry to hear, i am not sure of the effects for head related though.
The more i learnt about this world, the more i feel i will never know enough.

Some information (non SSG to read about)
http://www.ehow.com/about_5143229_foods-fight-brain-cancer.html

Wuqi bro
Its ok thanks for the info above wic is very informative. Mum had no signs of of tumor. She ha a fall last yr and was brought to SGH to x-ray head to check for fractures. Good news was no fractures found but bad news was dr discover a tumor in the head seated in between the left n right brain lobes :(...then recently I sent her for follow up MRI brain scan to check for any relapse...gd news was dr couldnt see new tumor but bad news was dr saw early signs of stroke :(...

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was the security guard who was alert enough to think of asking us la. When I got back last night, the security guard came out of guard post again to check if we manage to find & send the boy. It was past mid night but we asked for the house number to check on the family. Too bad they are not late sleepers like us so the family was already in bed.

We are in the process of buying, paid the deposit a few months ago. Then we got caught up in stuff & only recently started process of searching bank loan. Now S&P agreement for HH is out but our loan not done yet. Cross fingers & hope they wait or extend S&P signing period. Any body got such experience before? Kinda stressed because of this.

Although the guard asked, but you guys responded positively. I would probably do the same too since I can understand Malay, so no probs communicating with the guard.

For the late loan issue, have you spoken to the sales exec or agent to get an extension? If I remember correctly, there's a interest charged for that, but am not sure because so far my loan has been approved on a timely manner. Hope it works out fine for you.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Although the guard asked, but you guys responded positively. I would probably do the same too since I can understand Malay, so no probs communicating with the guard.

For the late loan issue, have you spoken to the sales exec or agent to get an extension? If I remember correctly, there's a interest charged for that, but am not sure because so far my loan has been approved on a timely manner. Hope it works out fine for you.

Kudos to you too just for your kind thoughts. I think the loan part differs from bank to bank as welll as personal documents, whether they have enough to substantiate. The lawyer is always the best person to start getting more information on the options available.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wuqi bro
Its ok thanks for the info above wic is very informative. Mum had no signs of of tumor. She ha a fall last yr and was brought to SGH to x-ray head to check for fractures. Good news was no fractures found but bad news was dr discover a tumor in the head seated in between the left n right brain lobes :(...then recently I sent her for follow up MRI brain scan to check for any relapse...gd news was dr couldnt see new tumor but bad news was dr saw early signs of stroke :(...

I see, we all have a short time on earth, some shorter than what we realise. Have to be strong and live on.

For your mum, i hope that things will only go better for her, the follow up has revealed a lot
of things that she wouldn't have got to know if not for the fall. I guess prevention and precaution
is the best way forward. Best wishes.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
幸福總是離我不遠,
但我從來沒有感覺到它。
直到你的出現

一滴眼淚,一個簡單的微笑,世界
冷與暖,我得到了快樂,也
感受到許多失望

放下自我,是我學到的最重要的一課
最終,一切都將化為塵土
在你前面的人,請珍惜

在這個繁忙的世界的人,忘了
昨天已經過去,明天可能永遠不會來
沒有永遠,只有現在,珍惜現在

我一直在尋找的東西,竟是
一直在這裡陪我的人。沒有任何要求,
默默地支持,

現在我終於知道了,謝謝你

Happiness was never far away,
just that i have never felt it
until you appeared in my life.

A drop of tear, a simple smile, the
bitter cold and warmth of this world, i felt
joy as well as received my share of
disappointments.

Letting go of myself and my ego, was
the greatest lesson that i have learnt in life.
Everything in this world will one day
revert back to dust. Cherish the person in
front of you.

In this bustling world, people have forgotten.
Yesterday is gone for good, tomorrow may yet
never come.

Forever is over rated, forget forever for there is
only the present, treasure the present.

Finally realised what i have always been searching for
and yet you were with me all this while. Never demanding,
always rooting for me, silently.

I finally understand now. Thank you.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro Arsenal, please check your PM when you are available. We may be able to assist.

Hondacrv

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Arsenal, please check your PM when you are available. We may be able to assist.

Hi wuqi and the learned bro here. Does anyone here know if we can sell a unit which havent TOP and is under construction? I hve heard from malaysian lawyers that the law dont allow but some agents are doing it

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi wuqi and the learned bro here. Does anyone here know if we can sell a unit which havent TOP and is under construction? I hve heard from malaysian lawyers that the law dont allow but some agents are doing it

Strictly speaking, it isn't legal unless its like the guy couldn't get a loan and developer released it, etc.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bros and sisters, just a public service message and reminder always to take care when meeting up with any forummers.
http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?126058-Beware-Of-Confidence-Tricksters&p=1197650#post1197650

Where possible, go with more people and do not share nicks, details or photographs online.

Certain folks have PMed repeatedly about contact request so its good to always refrain from meeting up with people you are
unfamilar with even if its a request from myself, one should ignore it unless you guys are living in the same neighbourhood, etc.

Its not against making new friends, far from it but making friends in the real world can be done without any sharing of nicks in
the cyberworld.

Hondacrv

Alfrescian
Loyal
Strictly speaking, it isn't legal unless its like the guy couldn't get a loan and developer released it, etc.

Thanks wuqi for your help. A few friends of mine are planning to cash out on their havent completed properties when seeing so many visitors to legoland and sky high profits and the agents are egging them on. I wonder if it is legal

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks wuqi for your help. A few friends of mine are planning to cash out on their havent completed properties when seeing so many visitors to legoland and sky high profits and the agents are egging them on. I wonder if it is legal

It really isn't and though there are penalties, i understand that there are also ways around them. Its just a case of buyer beware.
Anyway, letting go now is a little too premature, things will really only go up when the JV signature projects come online and then
people get awakened.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Went to this place on the weekend, definitely worth visiting. There is a boutique hotel on top too. http://www.kulaicentrepoint.com/stories.html

You will not find a lot as a lot of shops are closed but the Cowboy mart is really REALLY REALLY
worth visiting.

Prices are good for many items plus they sell lots of rare and otherwise hard to find stuff. They
sell portable car type of DVD/TV players, long range, walkie talkies, money counting machine, industrial
stuff, heavy equipment, portable generators, spear points and so much more.

Impressive, most impressive. In an apocalyptic or post apocalyptic world, this type of places are
the first to go to as they have basically everything.

Wife went in and we kept swing back in after buying things. They even have kids toy car batteries (6V lead acid type at 17 RM)
and other interesting gear and equipment including even money counting machines, drilling machines, etc.

Jungle use and heavy personal equipment are also sold there. They sell large (and i mean reaper type of large) scythe blades there even.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi. I just saw the broucher and would like to share this. Buy a packet of dutch lady kids milk and get a free Legoland Malaysia kid entry ticket for every paying adult. I thought its a great offer for family with kids in tow.

Dutch Lady

Last edited:

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shopped at NTUC today, they are giving 30% discount vouchers for one-time admission tickets to Legoland.

With publicity in the papers and Internet, looks like the crowds will really be packing Legoland come 15 Sept.

Status
Not open for further replies.