• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bukit ho swee lor mee & prawn noodle - must try

RWSSLOTS

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brudders...this one in Bukit Ho Swee must try...damn shiok...very home cook unlike the ones are old airport food centre...

mikec

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Brudders...this one in Bukit Ho Swee must try...damn shiok...very home cook unlike the ones are old airport food centre...

One of the best yes I agree. Old school 古早味. Been eating there for years but last time was like 2 years ago. Think now old lady with son doing. Always have a bowl each. Thanks for the reminder. Think will go this weekend.

Barramundi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Totally agreed. Ate it for many years. Always start with prawn mee n ends with lor mee....LOL. Highly recommended !

RWSSLOTS

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the best yes I agree. Old school 古早味. Been eating there for years but last time was like 2 years ago. Think now old lady with son doing. Always have a bowl each. Thanks for the reminder. Think will go this weekend.
i also had 1 prawn and 1 lor mee today...damn shiok

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Used to stay at the pt block behind..it's aLways 1+1 bowL there with my kakis.it's was $1.50 then, dont how much
it is now ..:wink:

Samthaikong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Staying around there when I was a boy. The stall owner children were our childhood friend too. Even now we have move house, we still go back regularly to enjoy our bowl of prawn mee, have friendly chat with them and reminiscing those childhood's day. Complement with a cuppa of tea and roti kaya.

It is still a guarded secret unknown to many that they have the best prawn mee around, the noodle is tender and ingredients are fresh. The soup is heavenly. The method they used to prepare the food 40 years ago is still the same and taste the same. That why the small coffee shop always pack with regulars any time of the day. Please take note that they only open until 5pm daily.

mikec

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Staying around there when I was a boy. The stall owner children were our childhood friend too. Even now we have move house, we still go back regularly to enjoy our bowl of prawn mee, have friendly chat with them and reminiscing those childhood's day. Complement with a cuppa of tea and roti kaya.

It is still a guarded secret unknown to many that they have the best prawn mee around, the noodle is tender and ingredients are fresh. The soup is heavenly. The method they used to prepare the food 40 years ago is still the same and taste the same. That why the small coffee shop always pack with regulars any time of the day. Please take note that they only open until 5pm daily.

Hi Samthaikong, any idea of they open tomorrow? Timing also? Thanks very much.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are right, the soup is heavenly.

OT: They stayed at blk 6 on 4th floor just right behind. I lived at that block during my childhood. I remember early morning around 6am the couple will carry two big pots from home to the stall.

I literally see this couple grew old. They look frail and are hump back now. Sad.

I heard one of their sons died in a fall or something. That deceased was my kindergarden classmate.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hi. I know u like food.
But please attach or paste the photo here. Eg a bowl of the prawn noodle from the shop.
It will be very helpful.

Samthaikong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sunday they open. I guess same timing until 5 pm. The best time is tomorrow late morning.

It is Block 4. Jalan Bukit Ho Swee. Drop at Tiong Bahru MRT if come by train. Come out of station follow the bukit ho swee road shall reach there about 500 metres.

5338366871_fdc4ec1422.jpg

5338367149_10e55abf47.jpg

Attachments

• 00097G76CC97C53C22B17Cn.jpg
    00097G76CC97C53C22B17Cn.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 610

Samthaikong

Alfrescian
Loyal
The elder son (Ah Beng) was my childhood friend. He was quite acrobatic doing sommersaults and stout. Unfortunately few years back have a bad fall and died. We used to play at the rubbish dump next to the coffee shop.

Now left the younger brother (Ah Tiong) helping out.
You are right, the soup is heavenly.

OT: They stayed at blk 6 on 4th floor just right behind. I lived at that block during my childhood. I remember early morning around 6am the couple will carry two big pots from home to the stall.

I literally see this couple grew old. They look frail and are hump back now. Sad.

I heard one of their sons died in a fall or something. That deceased was my kindergarden classmate.