• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bukit ho swee lor mee & prawn noodle - must try

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tiong Bahru MRT normally I go eat muay at Bio Crescent

the muay at beo very unhygenic...u sure u eat there...damn overpriced!

Went down to the hay mee stall today at bukit ho swee. IMHO, it is an ok stall, but felt kinda disappointed with the prawns though, very small and halved. The soup is good and the noodle is very springy. Also, tasted the lor mee and lor is better than the prawn noodles, but there are better lor mee than this. Overall, feel price is abit steep.

My fav prawn noodles are Xiao Bo prawn noodles off upper thomson, just a few shops away from Upper thomson Han's and the cambridge market stall there. Prawns are medium sized and price is good.

what you say every single point is agreeable.
1) soup is very heavenly ( but not constant ,not every day the same taste)
2) prawns very small and halved
3)yes, true there are better lor mee than there
what make their lormee / prawn mee so popular?
1) the traditional coffee/ egg / kaya roti boost each other
2) the vintage coffee shop atmosphere
3) the enjoyment of dining outdoor / with a public tents also.

i used to eat there every sat n sun...until i discover turtle soup is more heavenly

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The few times i went to eat there, sure see quite a few property agents, insurance agents there... probably their fave lunch place. Guys here who like there are property agents? :biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The few times i went to eat there, sure see quite a few property agents, insurance agents there... probably their fave lunch place. Guys here who like there are property agents? :biggrin:

Perhaps their office is nearby.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Maybe also have gahmen secret agents there...

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal

they arent actually.
i'm sure you are talking those in white uniforms and black pants.
they are employee working for different car show rooms.
you can spot plentiful of these staffs at lengko bahru coffeeshop ( also another vintage coffeeshop that sell great coffee and roti )
anyone want to know exact place can pm me..lots of chiobu at this coffeeshop during morning break and after tea break

Last edited: