• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Do you want to eat Yvonne Lim's prawn noodles?

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1_yvonne_lim_beach_road_prawn_mee.jpg

https://www.8days.sg/eatanddrink/celebfoodies/yvonne-lim-hack-beach-road-prawn-noodles-823536

Prawn mee – specifically the one from Beach Road Prawn Noodles – is the local dish Yvonne Lim, 47, misses the most when she’s overseas.

The actress used to live in the east and would frequent the popular eatery at East Coast Road, a century-old hawker institution that is now run by a third-gen successor. Her go-to order is its Jumbo Prawn Mee and it’s her must-eat when she returns from a work trip.

“It’s my comfort food after returning from an overseas shoot in the past. I know the boss very well. When I see him, it feels like home,” Yvonne tells #JustSwipeLah host Seow Sin Nee.

Jumbo Prawn Mee, $13.50​

Yvonne really loves hae mee and though she seeks out new stalls, her fave is still the one at Beach Road. She says she loves its robust, umami broth and roe-filled tiger prawns. Most intriguing is the fact that she has a unique way of enjoying the hae mee here – something she's been doing since she was 18.

“I will order the dry version with thick bee hoon which comes with their house-made chilli sauce, and request for a second extra bowl of soup on the side (on top of the one free small bowl, which Yvonne saves to sip on its own). Then I add the soup into the dry noodles, mix it up and eat. The noodles, when tossed in the flavourful chilli sauce, is already very tasty, but adding soup to it levels it up,” she gushes.

“When you compare this soup to the original prawn broth, you will realise it’s a different taste altogether.”

Sounds a little like Yvonne has concocted a DIY spicy Penang-style prawn mee soup (which has sambal stirred into the broth).

Sin Nee was impressed after trying Yvonne’s method of eating prawn mee. “The sauce and soup are very rich and but they don't overpower each other. You can taste many different flavours in one dish,” she says.

“The boss is going to start rejecting requests for extra soup when this interview goes out.”

“I hope he will still give me my extra bowl of soup,” says a worried Yvonne.

Beach Road's second-gen boss Justin Lee later clarified with 8days.sg that they do not give extra bowls of soup, but make an exception for Yvonne as she is an "old friend". Customers, however, can ask for free refills.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
So instead of giving the customer 3 prawn, she gives 2½ prawns
If chinks don't cheat, they will never get rich

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I genuinely think the Mediacock publications are contractually obligated to give coverage to these showbiz cocksuckers, including whatever stupid F&B venture they are embarking on. :rolleyes:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Beach Road's second-gen boss Justin Lee later clarified with 8days.sg that they do not give extra bowls of soup, but make an exception for Yvonne as she is an "old friend". Customers, however, can ask for free refills.

So the towkay does give extra bowls of soup after all.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal

https://www.8days.sg/eatanddrink/celebfoodies/yvonne-lim-hack-beach-road-prawn-noodles-823536

Prawn mee – specifically the one from Beach Road Prawn Noodles – is the local dish Yvonne Lim, 47, misses the most when she’s overseas.

The actress used to live in the east and would frequent the popular eatery at East Coast Road, a century-old hawker institution that is now run by a third-gen successor. Her go-to order is its Jumbo Prawn Mee and it’s her must-eat when she returns from a work trip.

“It’s my comfort food after returning from an overseas shoot in the past. I know the boss very well. When I see him, it feels like home,” Yvonne tells #JustSwipeLah host Seow Sin Nee.

Jumbo Prawn Mee, $13.50​

Yvonne really loves hae mee and though she seeks out new stalls, her fave is still the one at Beach Road. She says she loves its robust, umami broth and roe-filled tiger prawns. Most intriguing is the fact that she has a unique way of enjoying the hae mee here – something she's been doing since she was 18.

“I will order the dry version with thick bee hoon which comes with their house-made chilli sauce, and request for a second extra bowl of soup on the side (on top of the one free small bowl, which Yvonne saves to sip on its own). Then I add the soup into the dry noodles, mix it up and eat. The noodles, when tossed in the flavourful chilli sauce, is already very tasty, but adding soup to it levels it up,” she gushes.

“When you compare this soup to the original prawn broth, you will realise it’s a different taste altogether.”

Sounds a little like Yvonne has concocted a DIY spicy Penang-style prawn mee soup (which has sambal stirred into the broth).

Sin Nee was impressed after trying Yvonne’s method of eating prawn mee. “The sauce and soup are very rich and but they don't overpower each other. You can taste many different flavours in one dish,” she says.

“The boss is going to start rejecting requests for extra soup when this interview goes out.”

林湘萍虾面给你吃.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Jumbo Prawn Mee, $13.50​

Yvonne is still looking good after all these years.

yvonne.jpg

Super1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Siao, for that kind of price, I might as well go over to Japan and eat their ramen, still can see many JMM.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wanna eat her “下”面 ... :o-o:

Probably not a good idea if she's vaccinated.

Yvonne Lim And Her Family Return To Taiwan, Dressed In PPE Suits, After 2 Months In Singapore​

October 23, 2021
https://www.todayonline.com/8days/y...an-dressed-ppe-suits-after-2-months-singapore

When 8days.sg spoke to Yvonne in August this year, she shared that her family planned to stay for “about a month”, and that she was here to visit friends and family, as well as get vaccinated.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Siao, for that kind of price, I might as well go over to Japan and eat their ramen, still can see many JMM.

If you want to see authentic Jepun meimeis, you need to go to a Shinto shrine.

I think many of the priestesses are virgins too.