• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
YY

thank you. if i shop at Khlong Toey, I will bring my metalic fruit press and buy a lot of pomegranate and have fresh pomegranate juice.
please tell me where can i have freshly squeeze pomegranate.
no cheat, 100% pure, value for money one

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...authentic Thai food with mango and fish sauce one....accessible for the tourists.
for example froggi intro this place:
http://www.singsupplies.com/showthr...e-to-living-in-Thailand&p=2141835#post2141835 alamak, this area, I dont think it is accessible to the tourists.
will I lausai after eating roadside food?
Oh oh..I'm no foodie, only go with the "flow" so no big help here. :o

As for your thai mango salad with fish sauce (and others ref noodles stops), do think there are dotted everywhere in Bkk. On street food, if you are worried on getting sick then just stick to rule of thumb: cooked food, avoid raw stuff.

Cursory search may help you here:

http://aroimakmak.com/28-must-eat-bangkok/

Soi 38 Sukhumvit (touristy stretch) for street food:
http://migrationology.com/2014/04/sukhumvit-soi-38-convenient-street-food-bangkok/

Accessible to tourists? You are spoilt for choice in food courts like MBK, Central World, Paragon etc etc.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Filippino food!!!

zbCop5bh.jpg

YvxJ8XNh.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
New Kway Teow stall along Ramintra

Special - include slicef dory fish with all sorts of fish cakes and balls 50 baht or $2.10. Portion is a lot just the fish cakes and balls and sliced fish is full hardly touched the kway teow

this is normal portion - bee tai bak, could have been mixed fish cakes and balls but the person eating his prefers only prawn balls, normal is 35 baht $1.50

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Froggy, your above pictures look good.
much better than Malaysia Yong Peng fishball and fishcake.
I guess it may be unhealthy, too much of MSG?

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
YY

thank you. if i shop at Khlong Toey, I will bring my metalic fruit press and buy a lot of pomegranate and have fresh pomegranate juice.
please tell me where can i have freshly squeeze pomegranate.
no cheat, 100% pure, value for money one

HI GINGER,
a. am interested to see how/where yr metallic fruit press is like.
post pix?
b. me also fan of pom. fruit. Dont juice it. Suck fresh for potency n straight
bite/swallow the seed for weight loss. Go read its benefits. Go for the
Red ones fm India/Montenegro....NOT yellowish ones fm China.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am very serious
I saw pomegranate juice at roadside.
i am not sure if it is pure.

i really want to have my detox programme in Bangkok.
stay in bangkok good hotel, detox there and drink the local produce vege and fruit juice.
got this kind of programme or not in BKK.
please help

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I am very serious
I saw pomegranate juice at roadside.
i am not sure if it is pure.

i really want to have my detox programme in Bangkok.
stay in bangkok good hotel, detox there and drink the local produce vege and fruit juice.
got this kind of programme or not in BKK.
please help

Try the juice and judge it yourself if its pure, how the fuck we'll know right?

Here's a list of massage/spa/detox http://guestfriendlyhotelsinthailand.blogspot.com/2012/07/my-5-favorite-bangkok-soapy-massage.html

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok.. I tried to paste a picture I uploaded to photobucket.. this one is test drive only.

anyway, if the pic came out good, its the Pak Chong choke chai farm!!

ok.. pic came out become a url...

will fine tune again..

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Ordered their popular cheese burger, have the veges and meat and some fries

And an onion soup

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
now they have ppl committing suicide at the airport

Samut Prakan:- A German tourist was fatally injured after he jumped from the fourth-floor connecting way of the car park building and the outbound passenger terminal of the Suvanarbhumi International Airport Thursday afternoon.

Pol Col Kittipop Chompunut, commander of the Suvarnabhumi police station, said the suicide happened at 4 pm.

The tourist was identified as Michale Walter, 45.

He jumped from the connecting platform between the car park and the road in front of the fourth floor of the passenger terminal in Zone 3 of the airport.

Kittipop said he was alerted of the jump right after it happened and informed the Samitivej Hospital to rush an emergency medical team to the scene along with a police officer.

The officials found Walter lied on the first floor in front of the outbound passenger building. He suffered severe injuries on his head and neck and was rushed to the Simitivej. He died later at the hospital.

Police found Walter’s black bag at the spot. Police checked footage of security camera at the spot and saw that Walter put down his bag before he stepped back from the fence and ran toward it and jumped over it with his head pointing down as if he jumped into a swimming pool.

Pol Lt Thirayut Khengraeng, an officer of the Suvarnabhumi police station who inspected the scene, said Walter entered Thailand on February 15 and was scheduled to leave on March 16.

So far, police did not know his motive.

Police have informed the German embassy of the incident to contact his relatives to retrieve the body.

Police said several farang tourists have committed suicides by jumping from the connecting platform between the car par and the fourth floor of the outbound passenger terminal at the rate of three or four suicides each year.