• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Went to inspect my factory in Rayong this morning stopped by the Motorway rest point the only rest point between Bangkok and Pattaya

[video=youtube;gglZ7Ky2b9I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gglZ7Ky2b9I[/video]

Had my breakfast at a duck noodle store

The stall

The beehoon

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Went to inspect my factory in Rayong this morning stopped by the Motorway rest point the only rest point between Bangkok and Pattaya

I was in Rayong way back in 1993. They have a great Go Kart track there.

I see a lot of Toyota Fortuners. Unfortunately Toyota NZ does not bring them in to NZ. I would love to own one.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tgif slice of thai mango. Long 30 years wait for electricity for this grandpa's village home?

Man Pleads for Electricity After 3 Decades of Waiting

power.jpg
CHAI NAT — An elderly man in a remote village of Nong Mamong district on Thursday pleaded with the local electricity authority to get power to his home after he had been waiting for 30 years.

Electricity is common all over the world, but one man in Nong Mamong has been waiting for electricity for over 30 years.
Payup Rungruang is 73 years old and lives in a small village in the Nong Mamong district.

Living in Ban Nong Kanark, the farmer lives with his kids and four grandchildren. Payup states that he has been without electricity for over 3 decades. He states that he has been waiting for electric to be supplied to his home, but he has not had any success with getting authorities to finally supply power to his home.

Payup grew tired of waiting and contacted local media outlets to help. Instead of the normal flick of a switch that supplies lighting in a room, he and his family have been using oil lamps to supply lighting. Payup grew tired of waiting over the fear that his grandchildren’s studies would suffer as a result of having no electricity.

Over the years, he has contacted local electricity officials to no avail. But all this changed last year when the Nong Mamong district chief, Jerdsak Nin-ubol, conducted a survey of the region. Authorities were ordered to expand power supply coverage to his village and home. An immediate solution was provided last August when a solar powered generator was supplied to Payup and his family.

Unfortunately, the generator has stopped working, leaving him and his family to once again rely on oil lamps for lighting. Appeals have been made to expedite the electricity expansion as a result. Payup hopes that his pleas will be heard. Local authorities have stated that they are instructed to expand their services to Ban Nong Kanark, and that work is already ongoing. However, the authorities have not stated how long it will be before Payup and his family will be able to enjoy the luxury of electricity.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Had a great meal at Dempsey Monday

handmade tofu

kangkong sambal

Bamboo clams

Coffee pork ribs

A 3.5kg Alaskan crab

cooked 2 ways - white pepper

black pepper

delicious

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I was in Rayong way back in 1993. They have a great Go Kart track there.

I see a lot of Toyota Fortuners. Unfortunately Toyota NZ does not bring them in to NZ. I would love to own one.

Not much changes all these years the Fortuna. The Isuzu MU looks better now.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
On the road again, caught some nice sinkie food at Suvarnabhumbi Airport

Laksa

Curry puff, chai tao kway, chwee kway

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tourists arrivals in Jan back up again at record +16%. Despite drop of Russkies :p

January tourism jump 16% despite Russian market collapse

BANGKOK, 19 March 2015: International tourist arrivals to Thailand posted an improvement of 16.30% in January, according to Ministry of Tourism and Sports’ data.

tourist.jpg

Released Wednesday, the ministry’s data showed the country closed January with 2,654,634 trips up from 2,282,568 during the same month, last year. Tourism and Sports Minister, Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul, said the improved political situation helped attract more visitors to the country.

“Thailand faced a very challenging 2014… but during the last quarter, the country tourism turned around and the growth continues into the first month of this year.”

However, Europe’s current economic crisis will challenge Thailand’s tourism outlook. Overall, the market declined 14.32% in the first month of this year. From Russia alone the decline was 45.97%.

In January, all market regions recorded increases except Europe and Oceania. East Asia (ASEAN included) reported an increase of 43.25% from 1,078,975 to 1,545,683 visits.

The markets that showed improvements were: Malaysia (+92.57%); China (+56.96%); Myanmar (+56.56%); Vietnam (+54.56%); Taiwan (+53.85%); Singapore (+49.97%); Brunei (+43.33%); Cambodia (+35.51%); Philippines (+15.43%); Laos (+14.06%); South Korea (+13.06%); and Hong Kong (+5.43%).

Indonesia was the only market that declined; 13.56% down from 41,595 visits to 35,956 visits.

The Middle East gained 31.05% from 42,365 to 55,521 visits. Israel led with 15,282 visits, but decreasing 1.22% from 15,470 visits. Other main markets: United Arab Emirates (7,361; +114.92%); Kuwait (7,080; +92.44%); Egypt (2,319; -10.19%) and Saudi Arabia (1,267; +10.17%).

South Asia represented a 19.14%% increase from 91,860 to 109,440 visits. India supplied 81,716 visits growing 16.62% from 70,072 followed by Bangladesh (9,908; +75.89%), Pakistan (5,834; -1.07%), Sri Lanka (4,988; +1.92%) and Nepal (2,749; +33.51%).

The Americas improved 1.41% from 121,003 to 122,714 visits. Brazil posted a 25.03% increase from 4,927 to 6,160.
The United States recorded the highest arrivals at 82,036, up 0.59% from 81,552 followed by Canada (25,430; +0.16%) and Argentina (3,444; -12.28%). Africa recorded a slight growth of 0.75% from 11,761 to 11,849 visits. The main market South Africa improved just 3.04% from 5,170 to 5,327.

In contrast, Oceania posted a decline of 6.43% from 87,598 to 81,965 visits. The main market Australia declined 7.11% (72,904) and New Zealand was down 3.47% (8,647).

Europe represented a slowdown of 14.32% from 849,006 to 727,462 visits. The markets recording declines were: Russia (-45.97%); Finland (-12.12%); Sweden (-7.19%); Norway (-5.73%); Netherlands (-2.84%); Denmark and Switzerland (-0.53% each); and United Kingdom (-0.14%).

The markets that showed improvements were: Italy (+11.25%); Spain (+8.14%); France (+7.81%); Ireland (+2.21%); Belgium (+1.73%); Austria (+1.33%); East Europe (+1.21%); and Germany (+0.59%).

inside-no-4.13.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
On my way here enjoyed a pretty good chicken rice TG served with braised chicken

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Back to station HQ this evening

Somtam Pu

Tomyam Pla kapong

New dish - fried beehoon with seafood and Thai sweet and sour sauce

Deepfred pla kapong (seabass) with Thai herb

Cabbage