• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
hmm.. does anyone can enlighten me, how to paste those big big pictures in the thread?

Hi dietcoke, I guess most of us use the Photobucket to store our photos and then post them here its quite easy.

1. Open a free account with www.photobucket.com

2. Once you are there you can organize your pictures there by folders for example the photos you want to post here you creat a SBF folder and for family you can have a Family folder

3. When you are ready to transfer your photos to Photobucket first you open the filder you want to store for example SBF

4. From your photo program or your file manager where you store your photos in your computer simply drag the photo into the webpage where the Photobucket is opened as in point #2 - that's it your photo will be transferred in there.

5. There are two ways to pick up your photos to post, first in the general folder you are in it will look like that

go to the top right had corner where there is a wheel as show on the above photo, choose Share Link and then a window will apprear like this below

Click on IMG and you are actually copying the file (always choose IMG) and then paste in your SBF page thats all

6. The second method is simply click on the photo you choose and it will appear like this

Ob your right click on the IMG

Thats it! I hope I don't confuse you. Enjoy.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
or you can use the "insert image" function and select "from computer" or "from url"
esnd, that's the default (and direct) sbf. I do that if too lazy. But dietcoke here had wanted the BIG pics. Size matters :p

PS: Most times the direct way gets tiny pic, but on odd occasion get good size. Devil in the works, or just my ignorance on the settings?:o

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
chicken rice

16742749122_f183b2dfc3_b.jpg

One fried spring chicken with side dishes

16743814215_918d484f3c_b.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
esnd, that's the default (and direct) sbf. I do that if too lazy. But dietcoke here had wanted the BIG pics. Size matters :p

PS: Most times the direct way gets tiny pic, but on odd occasion get good size. Devil in the works, or just my ignorance on the settings?:o

you can get tracked with photobucket. it's all in the metadata. :eek:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...what do u mean by you can get tracked??
Not me, but think esnd possibly meant some 'trail' using host app photobucket. But then, even your mobile or PC is also not fool proof either, right?

Safest thing must be not to upload naughty pics or videos, no? What can your road trip up or foodie pics up north compromise you? :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Dinner now, had something new today

Seabass with Thai herb

Spicy pork rib

Seafood curry in coconut, tastes like otah

Spicy kale

this one not new, fried rice with salted fish and kana

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dear brothers and sisters
sorry, i am a newbie here in this forum (Thai).
please tell me where to have best value for money (remember, best value for money, not cheap).
I want to have best amd authentic teochew food below:
1) Oyster egg (orh luak)
2) sharksfin (whole piece one, not piecemeal sharks fin)
3) steam bei chew (white promfet)
4) goose meat
5) soon hock fish

please give me address.

after eating, i want to buy some dry sea cucumer and bring them home to Singapore.

please give me info.
thank you.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
dear brothers and sisters
sorry, i am a newbie here in this forum (Thai).
please tell me where to have best value for money (remember, best value for money, not cheap).
I want to have best amd authentic teochew food below:
1) Oyster egg (orh luak)
2) sharksfin (whole piece one, not piecemeal sharks fin)
3) steam bei chew (white promfet)
4) goose meat
5) soon hock fish

please give me address.

after eating, i want to buy some dry sea cucumer and bring them home to Singapore.

please give me info.
thank you.

Tang Jai Yoo is probably the most authentic as most of the old timer local Teochew hang out there

https://www.google.com/maps/place/T...32,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xe28972ae75fd2563

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293916-d3648278-Reviews-Tang_Jai_Yoo-Bangkok.html

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Always passed by this new stall near my home this afternoon thought I try, Kway Teow Lua (boat noodle)

Yes its 15 baht per bowl

The front

Back of the stall

Menu

The "restaurant" tent

I am not doing justice to the 2 photos below as Thais will eat their noodle with lots of raw vegetables and fresh blood from the beef so this is my humble noodle without those thuff still its delicious

Pork Noodle - meaning liver and pork ball

Beef Noodle - tiny thin slices of fatty beef

Believe me 15 baht means very small bowl most people eat like 4 bowls

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes, Thailand has lots of those cheap cheap meals, but u must eat a couple of those. like in my wife's hometown, they have what they call sip baht kao man gai, or 10 baht chicken rice..

though small portion, you eat 3 plate of these (30bahts or $1.40) surely has more meat and rice than ordering a plate of chicken rice in sg.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
yes, Thailand has lots of those cheap cheap meals, but u must eat a couple of those. like in my wife's hometown, they have what they call sip baht kao man gai, or 10 baht chicken rice..

though small portion, you eat 3 plate of these (30bahts or $1.40) surely has more meat and rice than ordering a plate of chicken rice in sg.

Hey buddy where are your photos?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Went to a Yakitori restaurant in Sukhumvit Soi 26 this evening, Jidori-Ya Kenzou.

The small soi leading into the restaurant

Jidori-Ya Kenzou

Did not make any reservation so got to sit at the bar

Dinning rooms

I've never seen whiskey served almost frozen

Whiskey soda

I will not be able to name all so I'll just describe

Tomato Salad

No idea what to call this but its actually turnip wrapped salad

Fresh tofu

Fried tofu

Its all chicken in this restaurant so there's no pork or beef or fish

Chicken breast

Chicken skin

Chicken liver

Tsukune - this one damn shiok

Chicken wings

The kitchen

The chef doing all the yakitori

Some of the spread

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thank you brother.
how about dry sea cucumber? how much a kg? value for money. i want to bring them home.
can mention your name? Froggy from SBL recommended me to buy from you.
got discunt?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thank you brother.
how about dry sea cucumber? how much a kg? value for money. i want to bring them home.
can mention your name? Froggy from SBL recommended me to buy from you.
got discunt?

Cannot help you on this slimy thing that looks horribly like a rotten unexcited prick. Anyway this is seasonal stuff so prices depend. Chinatown has lots of this can shop around. My name is useless in Chinatown, can try in Poseidon.

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great pics. Let me help, where I can, with some translation of the food you ate.

I will not be able to name all so I'll just describe

Tomato Salad

Those are sprouts from daikon (white radish)

No idea what to call this but its actually turnip wrapped salad

This is more nouveau than traditional. The flakes on top are called katsuobushi (bonito)

This is gamodoki

Tsukune - this one damn shiok

Tsukune is ground marinaded chicken. Some like to dip it in the raw egg.

Chicken wings

This is tebasaki

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Today's slice of thai mango. Colourful market at Khlong Toey. Khlong Toey fresh market is where many of Bangkok's restauranteurs and street vendors go to secure their fresh food. As traditional as it gets, the place is a multi-sensory treat.

Maybe not cup of tea for Gingerlyn here who's into fancy teochew cuisine :p

Shopping in Khlong Toey - a multi-sensory fresh market experience

http://www.bangkokpost.com/vdo/thai...-toey-a-multi-sensory-fresh-market-experience

KT1.jpgKT2.jpgKT3.jpg
KT5.jpg

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
YY
please intro me authentic Thai food with mango and fish sauce one.
please intro those that are accessible for the tourists.

for example froggi intro this place:
http://www.singsupplies.com/showthr...e-to-living-in-Thailand&p=2141835#post2141835

alamak, this area, I dont think it is accessible to the tourists.
will I lausai after eating roadside food?

i also like thai kueh kueh (those that I can see from Amara Hotel Rama Thai).
can you please intro those food to me?

Last edited: