• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Zhihau's Prawn Noodles at Beach Road

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Yes, ze best although portions getting smaller. Usually order 8 dollars. The ngoh hiang there also not bad.
Have you tried Wei Yi Laksa & Prawn Noodle, #01-20 Tanglin Halt Market, 48 Tanglin Halt Road? Also pretty good.

Yeah lor, what to do. But the soup stock is good to the last drop. I drink all of it, and u are right, the Ngoh Hiang is very good too. I never try the Tanglin Halt one, because the jalan Sultan prawn mee is so convenient. Just walk across the street from the Kallang MRT. Some more got Thai KTV next door. hehehhehe

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Zhihau... i try oredi hor..u dun suan me anymore hor :biggrin:

Wait a minute, I just took a careful look and realized you didn't go to the "Beach Road Prawn Noodles" located at East Coast Road near the Martia road junction...

Try that one.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah lor, what to do. But the soup stock is good to the last drop. I drink all of it, and u are right, the Ngoh Hiang is very good too. I never try the Tanglin Halt one, because the jalan Sultan prawn mee is so convenient. Just walk across the street from the Kallang MRT. Some more got Thai KTV next door. hehehhehe

If you like this stall then you'll also like beach road at east coast.....same concept as opened by brother.
I think they have a slightly upmarket joint along siglap too.
Their father used operate at Jln Sultan shop house corner coffeeshop opposite Jln kubor (now site is Santa grand hotel).
The old version soup even more solid...used to have la la clams....now no more.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
If you like this stall then you'll also like beach road at east coast.....same concept as opened by brother.
I think they have a slightly upmarket joint along siglap too.
Their father used operate at Jln Sultan shop house corner coffeeshop opposite Jln kubor (now site is Santa grand hotel).
The old version soup even more solid...used to have la la clams....now no more.

Can do, thanks for the recommendation. Will check it out. Is it also called jalan sultan prawn mee, the east coast location? Is that the one mentioned by Zhihau in the post above?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can do, thanks for the recommendation. Will check it out. Is it also called jalan sultan prawn mee, the east coast location? Is that the one mentioned by Zhihau in the post above?

Yes at 370 east coast with lime/barley drinks and ngoh hiang just like the other stall at Jln sultan but heard the family is not on good terms thus the different names.
While googling for the address....found that Joo chiat stall at crane road also member of this prawn noodle family.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Wait a minute, I just took a careful look and realized you didn't go to the "Beach Road Prawn Noodles" located at East Coast Road near the Martia road junction...

Try that one.
nabeizzz...there is only one hor...the shop name is Blanco Court Prawn Noodle..that is where i went!

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Is that the one mentioned by Zhihau in the post above?

The stall I recommended was along East Coast road, between the Still Road/East Coast road junction and the Telok Kurau road/East Coast road junction. Right smack across the road, the "Beach Road Prawn Noodle" stall faces the Caltex Petrol Kiosk.

The AhMeng anyhow anyhow whack the Blanco Court Prawn Noodle and say it's so so only. Of course it's so so only lah :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
The stall I recommended was along East Coast road, between the Still Road/East Coast road junction and the Telok Kurau road/East Coast road junction. Right smack across the road, the "Beach Road Prawn Noodle" stall faces the Caltex Petrol Kiosk.

The AhMeng anyhow anyhow whack the Blanco Court Prawn Noodle and say it's so so only. Of course it's so so only lah :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

nabeizzz ...u ask me go beach road 1 hor :oIo::biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Blanco court is hardly so-so.....their noodles or ngoh hiang can give beach road @east coast a run for their money anyday.
Kns Ah Meng's taste so high? Knn I suggest he try Owen road farrer park prawn noodles.....see if still kpkb after that.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Blanco court is hardly so-so.....their noodles or ngoh hiang can give beach road @east coast a run for their money anyday.
Kns Ah Meng's taste so high? Knn I suggest he try Owen road farrer park prawn noodles.....see if still kpkb after that.

where exactly is owen road farrer park prawn noodle... limpei go try and give FR :biggrin:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
nabeizzz ...u ask me go beach road 1 hor :oIo::biggrin:

Prefer Beach Road Hae Mee to this stall at Pepys Road... The other stall that can rival Beach Road is the JooChiat Hae Mee, located at the junction of Carpmael Road and Crane Road. Even Geylang Lor 24A Hae Mee loses the edge...

Wah Piang Eh! Go to the junction of Telok Kurau Road and East Coast Road, walk in the direction towards Still Road.

The 396 kopitiam has the Geylang Lor 29 Hokkien Hae Mee there! Further down the road, going past the motor-tiam and MadNest, the Beach Road Hae Mee Terng also found there!

I rest my case.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
I prefer Beach Road Prawn Noodle to Blanco Court at Beach Road.

Actuali hor.. the Blanco court soup not bad...got standard..maybe becos hor..i order cheap $4.80 bowl...next time i order big prawn...maybe better :biggrin: