• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Your fave Dim Sum Joints..

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pine Valley @ Laguna Golf Club offers great dim sum and does not have crazy crowds that the joints in town attract. They do promotions quite a bit during weekend and think its $2.80 for thereabouts for one basket of dim sum. Many variety and chefs are from HK.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've always thought Red Star restaurant in Chin Swee had pretty good and authentic Dim Sum and still served the good old fashioned way by pushing trolly carts.

That One in Manhattan BuiLding aLong Chin Swee Road ?..their standard have dropped soo much Bro..

this one long time liao, been there many times. from kitchen to waitress all lao ahma. food is nice, but long time never been there. never remember wrongly got ever went there for wedding dinner before. observe the ceiling, very old school and majestic feeling.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
used to love dim sum at The Kelong at the old Yaohan Thomson
now taken over by the Peach Garden
love dim sum no more
ONLY IN HONG KONG do I really enjoy my dim sum
singapore's standard down the road...like a can:(

Wah! you eat at The Kelong...one of my eating places...during my days of old...I just love the sim sum at May Flower Restaurant ( International Building), Tropicana, Neptune ( OUE), & I don't remember the name of that restaurant at Trade Union House, Shenton way.

I miss Kelong...love the food there, it later became something of a name with 888 before Peach Garden took over..the food there wasn't good anymore...& it is expensive.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any good ones in KL:confused:

I have not eaten any dim sum in KL, despite the years going up there & my Malaysian friends have not brought me to eat any either, I think, it is not their culture to eat tim dum. Cantonese Noodle House, I know one, it is at BB Plaza, the side of BB Plaza where the BB LRT station is. Not the front part, where they are constructing the MRT.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wah! you eat at The Kelong...one of my eating places...during my days of old...I just love the sim sum at May Flower Restaurant ( International Building), Tropicana, Neptune ( OUE), & I don't remember the name of that restaurant at Trade Union House, Shenton way.

I miss Kelong...love the food there, it later became something of a name with 888 before Peach Garden took over..the food there wasn't good anymore...& it is expensive.
I think it was Noble House in Shenton Way ?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think it was Noble House in Shenton Way ?

Honestly till this day, do not even know the name of that restaurant, in Trade Union House, still there?? have not been down that part of the world for ages. In the past, it will be just " meet up at the restaurant at Trade Union House"..

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Roland, I go there for my special chilli crab with plenty of crab roe - sinfully delicious:smile: ...and the special order fresh hum...
Hey kopi; are you Lau Goh's righthand man ?..seen him many times at RoLand's..:eek::wink:

Vivacious

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like Imperial Treasures in Great World City.

Hua Ting is good but expensive....they charge by per piece, not by basket.
Ate in Wah Lok once but didn't like it.....maybe ordered the wrong items. Porridge was horrible.
Been to Red Star many times but standard dropped until cannot dropped anymore. Never been back since 5 years ago.
Shang Palace is nice especially the mini egg tarts but the tea selections price are hefty.
Crystal Jade.....some branches are better than others.
Royal China....went once. Nothing special. The deco....white and light blue theme gave me an eerie feeling.
Victor's, Swee Choon and those in HDB ( ieatishotipost recommended ) didnt find them good.

I believe in Cheap No Good. Good Not Cheap....

Vivacious

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pine Valley @ Laguna Golf Club offers great dim sum and does not have crazy crowds that the joints in town attract. They do promotions quite a bit during weekend and think its $2.80 for thereabouts for one basket of dim sum. Many variety and chefs are from HK.

Is this place open to public?

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Ate in Wah Lok once but didn't like it.....maybe ordered the wrong items. Porridge was horrible.
Been to Red Star many times but standard dropped until cannot dropped anymore. Never been back since 5 years ago.
Shang Palace is nice especially the mini egg tarts but the tea selections price are hefty.
Royal China....went once. Nothing special. The deco....white and light blue theme gave me an eerie feeling.
Victor's, Swee Choon and those in HDB ( ieatishotipost recommended ) didnt find them good.

Wahaha, This is damned hiLarious..:smile:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Xin at Hotel Inn Atrium used to be quite fine in their Tim Sum offering. Lately seemed to have lost that touch.