• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Your fave Dim Sum Joints..

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have not eaten any dim sum in KL, despite the years going up there & my Malaysian friends have not brought me to eat any either, I think, it is not their culture to eat tim dum. Cantonese Noodle House, I know one, it is at BB Plaza, the side of BB Plaza where the BB LRT station is. Not the front part, where they are constructing the MRT.

I think I've eaten at that Noodle house at BB Plaza. The wanton noodle is not bad. :smile:

In KL there are many interesting traditional chinese restaurants. It is run by someone with a title of "Chef". These restaurants are not usually located in the shopping malls, so unless you are a local you are unlikely to know about them. The ones you find at shopping centres are usually the new HK restaurants targetting the younger crowd. At the opposite side of Bukit Bintang, ground level near to the Green Elephant there's a HK restaurant of this type. You'll also find them at City Square Mall in JB.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any good ones in KL:confused:
kl ppl not so much in2 dim sum ... go ipoh la ... ipoh dim sum restaurants open 6 early 7 early ... u go 10 am, all sold out ...

dim sum in kl restaurants r meant 2 serf 4 lunch ... try dim sum lunch @ marco polo restaurant ... heard iz goot ...

Last edited:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Cantonese Noodle House, I know one, it is at BB Plaza, the side of BB Plaza where the BB LRT station is. Not the front part, where they are constructing the MRT.
u mean where ze monorail stn is, rite? ... tot dat 12 close shop oredi? ... wen u last went there? ...

ze noodle hauses similar 2 dose open in sinkielan last time ...

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
kl ppl not so much in2 dim sum ... go ipoh la ... ipoh dim sum restaurants open 6 early 7 early ... u go 10 am, all sold out ...

dim sum in kl restaurants r meant 2 serf 4 lunch ... try dim sum lunch @ marco polo restaurant ... heard iz goot ...

Agreed..was in Ipoh recentLy, by 6am was aLready invited by our host to go Yam Cha.The sky was stiLL dark then..
:eek::smile:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u mean where ze monorail stn is, rite? ... tot dat 12 close shop oredi? ... wen u last went there? ...

ze noodle hauses similar 2 dose open in sinkielan last time ...

Have to admit have not stop there for a while, the BB Monorail station where the Noodle house is, past that way & went KL Sentral to eat in brickfields near YMCA for my favorite "sar poh fan"....just a few months ago...yummy!!:biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Haven't had good dim sum for in a long time. Will try the Marco Polo when I visit KL. Don't think I'll be going be to Ipoh any time soon.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is one restaurant that serves excellent tim-sum in town. Quite expensive. Can't recall name but it is located at the old Odeon, level 1, near Bras Brasah complex. HK chefs. Spotted many well-attired customers makaning there.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Best of the best.

prima-tower-singapore.jpg

22.jpg

20121129-1f7ae7d878158b9f619d8_cropped_650x357.jpg

360-cafe-revolving-restaurant.jpg

Attachments

• Prima_revolving_rest.JPG
    Prima_revolving_rest.JPG
    983.4 KB · Views: 128

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is one restaurant that serves excellent tim-sum in town. Quite expensive. Can't recall name but it is located at the old Odeon, level 1, near Bras Brasah complex. HK chefs. Spotted many well-attired customers makaning there.

That is the Asia Grand mentioned by some already.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
Any reports on the DS at SAFRA changi coastal rd ? I heard its not bad even though i've never tried it myself.