• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Young mother complains about noise from Malay wedding

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it about the level of noise generated and the period of the level of noise going on all day, wedding or funeral.

Guests are there to celebrate the occasion and even happier to have a quiet time at the table, meet up with old friends long time no see, and the host must understand that he should care for the level of noise generated at the wedding and that is fine.

Generally, noise level of people chatting and talking at the table conversation is fine and how long and how can one continue to talk loud. This one uncle no complain.

But it is the 4 men band drumming their music instrument loud is the problem. When loud music override people unable to hear in a table conversation people will raise their voice loudly adds the noise level.

The 4 men band at the wedding is to entertain guests at the prime time of the wedding event to showcase the start of the event and should end when the show time is over. This one uncle also understand. The 4 men band play the whole day is the problem if not controlled. If use record player at least can tell the host to tune down the volume or only play when the main event time starts.

One good business opportunity for you, start a Mat event programmer biz for Mats wedding and be the MCs.

For funeral, only the chinks have it in HDB, never see one Mat funeral at HDB.

In funeral Sai kong only make ling ling ling noise and chanting and no use loud speaker. These day chinks also prefer funeral parlour no need to do 24/7 guard duty in the block sacred of cat jump over, or black cat wake up the dead old fart. Pang tan you know.

Only at send off do the chinks make some noise but that was on the main event send off, 1- 2 hours only, and after that it is over and back to quiet time for the residents.

My parents died and funeral at void deck too and I told the Sia Kong to tone down the ling ling ling and end the diam keng before 9.30 pm. Cut the crap you know! don't wake up the dead too. Cut the crap of mahjong whole night and it should be ban.

Funeral at void deck is a waste of time and wears the family having to bear the long hours, do guard duty at night, watch out for black cats bad karma for the dead, and thieves stealing drinks, food and money.

Do it at funeral palour you walk in like quest with everything taken care off by the management and only go for the show time main event and then back home rest.

Ok i can see that you are considerate and i want to ask you. If say some chinese were playing mahjong louding or the chanting and shit was loud and somebody complained on facebook. Number 1 is that person racist number 2: do you think ppl should be offended at him complaining of loud noises and number 3: does that person have the right to complain on his fb on chinese funeral making noise.

I can easily guess your answers to those questions and it's different from the ones at the malay wedding where both events involve noise.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what happens when u allow m&d grooms to be King for a day... Or in this case 3 days. What's the use of being treated like a king only on wedding day, wasting all those money and going back to doing despatch for the remaining days?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... She wrote: 'Another malay wedding under my block againnnnn! all th knocking since early morning! now thy are setting up th scene. then thy gonna make sooooooo much noises cooking till midnight. then again sooooooo much noises on th wedding day. no peace for at least 3days! god damn it. even my baby can't haf her afternoon nap. i wonder who started th "malay wedding at hdb" thing. nv see other races doing so too? inconsiderate max.' (Note: This is from her original post) ...
if wen ah tiong comprained ah neh cook kari n ah loonz gahmen can tel ah neh not 2 cook wen ah tiongz around, ah loonz gahmen shud tel malays there not 2 hold any wedding wen her ah gal wants 2 sleep ...

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe in calling a spade a spade, but...............

Peesai's leaders are calling for "tolerance" which to them (or Peesai) is acceptance (or tolerance) of different practices from different cultures. Personally, I term such noisy practices as "nuisances" and believe that such events should be held at a function hall, which can be shut off from public and carry on in private. But I suppose these are "uniquely Singapore" and have become part of the island's culture. Any way one looks at it, high density living has its compromises.

Cheers!

This would be even more ridiculous when you cannot even state the race that held the wedding.

Anyway if she had written chinese funeral that wouldn't have offended anyone.

Oh crap now some butt hurt m&d is going to stalk me for this.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
No. 1: Nope. S/he is right in complaining about the inconsiderate and noisy Chinks.
No. 2: Nope. People should be glad that he/she is doing society a favour and trying to make a more peaceful environment.
No. 3: Right. Why should people make so much noise at a funeral. Want to wake up the dead?

Cheers!

............ If say some chinese were playing mahjong louding or the chanting and shit was loud and somebody complained on facebook. Number 1 is that person racist number 2: do you think ppl should be offended at him complaining of loud noises and number 3: does that person have the right to complain on his fb on chinese funeral making noise.

I can easily guess your answers to those questions and it's different from the ones at the malay wedding where both events involve noise.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No. 1: Nope. S/he is right in complaining about the inconsiderate and noisy Chinks.
No. 2: Nope. People should be glad that he/she is doing society a favour and trying to make a more peaceful environment.
No. 3: Right. Why should people make so much noise at a funeral. Want to wake up the dead?

Cheers!
ok so it's a malay wedding will your answers be the same? If no pls give good reasons as to why one group that makes loud noises deserves to be condemned but not the other one

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
.....didn't the HDB realize that the noise from events at the void deck bothers residents? A wedding on a weekend, a funeral on the next, another CCC event on the following ....

Should ban wedding and funerals at void deck. It create noise pollution for both. For funeral is worst, it create fear. Dead body should not been seen in public.

..........Time to call for change. Wedding or funeral, this is resident suburb not for social gathering and making loud noise.................Nothing to do with race issue but the loud level of noise generated at the event during weekend is unacceptable in resident area......
Something got to give!

Agree that this is not a racial issue, but one of noise pollution.
It is also a rich vs poor issue -as the rich who stay in condos do not have to face this problem. Do the rich malays hold their weddings at void decks also?

The govt have enough resources to build at least 2 community halls in each neighbourhood centre-one for weddings/celebrations and one for funerals. They should be located away from the residences and near to already noisy places like town or neighbourhood centres and CCs. The funeral centres can be created from for example enclosed spaces on the ground floor of heavy vehicle carparks. In fact the PA , as a Stat Board, should be given this job of running the neighbourhood funeral and celebration centres.(and its staff banned from helping out in elections). The burning of joss papers should also be confined to the area around the funeral centre.

I also noticed the many Filipinos gangs having their noisy and smoky bbq's more and more frequently and in no time they may want to have their own void deck weddings too.After that the Burmese and the Indian FT's ?

Last edited:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Miss Wong has since removed her post and has been constantly apologising for it after seeing the responses she was getting ...
she apologise 4 wat? remov her post 4 wat? ... dat time dat kari case, dat ah tiong never apologise n fot all ze way until ah loonz gahmen even kowtowed 2 his demands ... she shud die-die stand firm on her remarks n comprain 2 ah loonz gahmen ... she shud follow ze way dat ah tiong got his way ... her chickening out n compromising stance on slight disagreement n bullying oni shows her bollessness n belongs 2 ze daft 60% who wil oni continue 2 b bullied by ah loonz gahmen ...

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem is that the noise level is decided by the self appointed DJ of the day. And most of the time he is stoned-deaf such that he needs to play at a very high noise level. And at course you can rest assured that the authority who issues the permit do not conduct checks on the noise level.

Mat wedding is not simply eat and fuck off. Want to have loud music and sing along and whole day making noise but not caring for the neighbours right to have a quiet weekend rest.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
she apologise 4 wat? remov her post 4 wat? ... dat time dat kari case, dat ah tiong never apologise n fot all ze way until ah loonz gahmen even kowtowed 2 his demands ... she shud die-die stand firm on her remarks n comprain 2 ah loonz gahmen ... she shud follow ze way dat ah tiong got his way ... her chickening out n compromising stance on slight disagreement n bullying oni shows her bollessness n belongs 2 ze daft 60% who wil oni continue 2 b bullied by ah loonz gahmen ...

Malays are 'special species' protected by the Constitution. Therefore you cannot make insensitive remarks against them.

Anyhow it's a bad idea to rant on social media, it has your face and identity on it. Many footballers and celebrities had got into trouble by ranting on Facebook or Twitter.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Malays are 'special species' protected by the Constitution. Therefore you cannot make insensitive remarks against them ...
actuarry, hor, crux of her compraint is on noise dat made her ah gal cannot sleep ... not racial issues ...

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fren, to me noise is noise, no matter who makes it. But when we deal with issues in life, we have give in to the senstivities of those who have an inferior complex. Its the gentlemanly way.

Cheers!

ok so it's a malay wedding will your answers be the same? If no pls give good reasons as to why one group that makes loud noises deserves to be condemned but not the other one

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fren, to me noise is noise, no matter who makes it. But when we deal with issues in life, we have give in to the senstivities of those who have an inferior complex. Its the gentlemanly way.

Cheers!

Oh all right it's funny i have to illustrate so much for you to just finally admit this.

Inferior complex, i wonder if that's racist. :rolleyes:

I disagree on your stand about giving in to those with inferior complex i say fairness for all.

Kenshinng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malay weddings and Chinese funerals have been conducted under HDB blocks for such a long time.. I don't see any issue with this.. As I said in my earlier post, its all part and parcel of staying in a HDB estates..

Back then when my Ah Kong up the casket service van, his funeral clashed with a Malay wedding..

The Malay family kindly let us used the multi purpose hall which they had book earlier.. They then held their wedding in a block few blocks away from the multi purpose hall.. I think the town council then gave them some discount..

Quite a sight when the Malays sang Karaoke songs and our family booked a small wayang troupe to do a show on a wooden built stage..

The noise that evening was eclectic..:biggrin:

Kampung spirit :smile: Bagus