• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

You tell me whether the quality of Police service will go up or down.

Highfalutin

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Straits Times
February 21, 2010

Canadian fights crime in Singapore___Teh Joo Lin__ [email protected]

Report above states a Canadian PR age 37, energy company director is a corporal in the VSC (Volunteer Special Constabulary) attached to Toa Payoh Police Center.

Ah! An ang moh foreigner to handle local police matters. Handling civil disputes, crimes and request for help in many languages and dialects.

With a warrant card issued on a 24/7 basis to boot. He can tell you to show your I/C by declaring he is Chen Hu Lan.:biggrin:

The Singapore Police Force, according to the VSC commander is looking to increasing the VSC force to 2,500 officers in five years time. More FTs donning police uniforms from India, China, Philippines and Myanmar soon? They are indistinguishable from regular officers to the untrained eye. God Help Us all!

Highfalutin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Permanent residents as Police Officers. They screw a local born Citizen up and then scram back to their own country? Yes they will have to pay for whatever wrong under the same laws but they have the option not to live on in shame in Singapore. That's an advantage, no? Why is it that the PAP Government have this fetish of using outsiders to fuck us?

kitelover3112

Alfrescian
Loyal
No difference lah... In any case, they will have their moments of ups and downs... And moments of negligence... Life is like that...

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ever since the lee family controlled the major assets and funds of Singapore. Singapore has lost its sovereignity. All Singaporeans assets were sold to foreigners, the country flooded with foreigners, the security outsourced and manned by foreigners. Singapore is no longer a nation, and our pledge as one united nation is hifalutin all these statements came right out from the mouth of Lee Kuan Yew. Is national service now of any purpose? In the event of freak election, LKY will mobilised all foreigners to attack Singaporeans with ease because they are already inside our country making defence difficult. LKY was called a traitor during Japanese time, and remain a traitor in the operation coldstore, now he is a traitor again to sell Singaporeans and our soverign land to foreigners. If election is not enough to throw this traitor out of our face, we will soon become prisoner in our own land under the guard of foreigners. Conspiracy with foreigners are taking place inside PAP administration. BE WARNED!!!

Highfalutin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember this! Even if a police officer is in uniform, armed and all, you have the right to ask to see his warrant card which he is obliged to carry with him at all times if you ever encounter one who wants to exercise his authority. In any case, if you discover that he is not carrying one while he is exercising his authority, you can report him. Tell your children that too!

Airlib

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://news.omy.sg/News/Local+News/Story/OMYStory201002191423-129350.html

Not sure what is indeed happening... 10 mata to overpower 1 guy....
Taking about out-numbering threats... 10:1

I think we really got alot of mata to spares...

Anyway.. simple translation of the article, since its in chinese.

Article about this man entering a cab and half-way through decide to rob the cabby driver, so driver ran out and shout for help. Man was trapped inside the cab by driver and passer-by... Police was called in and 5 police arrived but was beaten off by the man.. so call for back-up and 5 more arrived and managed to over-power the man.

jw5

Loyal
Should poilcemen be tested and assessed on their value systems, moral and ethical standards and characters before they are qualified to become policemen or perhaps even before they are accepted for training?
Should people in certain jobs like policemen have higher standards than people in other jobs which do not have the power of law enforcement?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He wanted to be a Canadian Mountie, but he was too effeminate..so he volunteered for the best POLICE FORCE, under the BEST HOME AFFAIRS MINISTER on planet Earth...

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should poilcemen be tested and assessed on their value systems, moral and ethical standards and characters before they are qualified to become policemen or perhaps even before they are accepted for training?
Should people in certain jobs like policemen have higher standards than people in other jobs which do not have the power of law enforcement?

They actually should be assess prior and after training and every year in their posting; judging from the current generation general attitude towards society and their ethusiasm towards serving the country. How many serve for true passion against those who serve just for bread & butter. Just note the incident level involving policemen & policewomen over the decade relating to graft and firearms offences and suicides reported on the media. It is noticable for a supposedly clean & efficient country and top notch policing state.

I find the current generation of law enforcement servants lacking in many areas. Worst aspect is that they do not instill much confidence to the public and many instances handled situations with double standards.

What I observed, the better ones have all left for better pasture which speaks volume of the current system.

ahbohthen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah ya, the VSC are just volunteers they also hold full time job and then have to use their own spare time to do volunteer work, volunteers where got snatch jobs away.

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm sure this could be done if Sinkies are willing to pay the poodles higher salary due to the more strigent requirements.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
THIS IS INDEED FRIGHTENING. THEY GIVE POWERS TO PRs OVER CITIZENS.:eek:

NEVER SAID THIS BEFORE LOUDLY.

REALLY CITIZENS OF SINGAPORE; MUST VOTE THE SCUMs OUT.

BO PIAN LIAO.
THIS IS THE LAST STRAW FOR ME.

Report above states a Canadian PR age 37, energy company director is a corporal in the VSC (Volunteer Special Constabulary) attached to Toa Payoh Police Center.

Ah! An ang moh foreigner to handle local police matters. Handling civil disputes, crimes and request for help in many languages and dialects.

With a warrant card issued on a 24/7 basis to boot. He can tell you to show your I/C by declaring he is Chen Hu Lan.:biggrin:

The Singapore Police Force, according to the VSC commander is looking to increasing the VSC force to 2,500 officers in five years time. More FTs donning police uniforms from India, China, Philippines and Myanmar soon? They are indistinguishable from regular officers to the untrained eye. God Help Us all!

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have known a few ex-poodles. They realised that although the job is satisfying, it does not pay well at all. Many of their peers were earning at least 30% more in the private sector after a few years while their salary were slowly crawling up. Desipte the lower salary, they were disallowed from holding another job therefore limiting their income to the miserable amount.

They understand that while in other jobs, their could be easily be given the sack if they make mistakes but they could be sent to prison if they makes mistakes during their poodle year, making it not worthwhile at all.

With so many restrictions and lower salary, no wonder people leave.

They actually should be assess prior and after training and every year in their posting; judging from the current generation general attitude towards society and their ethusiasm towards serving the country. How many serve for true passion against those who serve just for bread & butter. Just note the incident level involving policemen & policewomen over the decade relating to graft and firearms offences and suicides reported on the media. It is noticable for a supposedly clean & efficient country and top notch policing state.

I find the current generation of law enforcement servants lacking in many areas. Worst aspect is that they do not instill much confidence to the public and many instances handled situations with double standards.

What I observed, the better ones have all left for better pasture which speaks volume of the current system.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have known a few ex-poodles. They realised that although the job is satisfying, it does not pay well at all. Many of their peers were earning at least 30% more in the private sector after a few years while their salary were slowly crawling up. Desipte the lower salary, they were disallowed from holding another job therefore limiting their income to the miserable amount.

They understand that while in other jobs, their could be easily be given the sack if they make mistakes but they could be sent to prison if they makes mistakes during their poodle year, making it not worthwhile at all.

With so many restrictions and lower salary, no wonder people leave.

uncle here was one of the poodle many years back. wow wow! :biggrin: during my time, mata very garang! still using the motorola walkie talkie! we use it to throw at people and the walkie talkie still can "send over". bangla, mama and indon see us will look down and siam us. during that time, Police Constable ( lowest rank, now no more liao. now only use in demoting officers to PC and sack from the force.) take home only 900+. but bunch of us are happy, we love going to work. all the kaki very good and the espirit de corp was very strong.

but things started to change. too many restrictions and to tie down the garang ones. so all the garang mata resigned and left sissy poodle behind. too many senior officers, too many scholars and too many brilliant ideas. one come, stay for 3 yrs. new ideas, implement new things. 3 yrs up, got promoted and left. new one come, same thing again. what never change is those who are below to make things work, but not rewarded accordingly.

thats why poodle force always have those pension soon and very new only. but not those in the middle. people will keep on resign and resign after sometime. because there is not leadership in all the senior officers.

orang lama always said police force is the step son and saf is the first son of the gov, which is true. anything must wait for saf to implement, then poodles will follow. budget cannot fight also. must make do with inferior things and welfare. police are facing real situations everyday, every min. not like saf, exercise, duty and standby only.

last but not least, VSC is the biggest joke. when on active duty, regular not only jaga SC( NS police) and even the VSC! they are useless! VSC are MHA cheapo way of increasing head count of spf! VSC come once in a while to have fun! like playing police and thief! but this one is playing REAL police and thief with REAL police power and REAL firearm. a lot of them are power hunger public, like to show power! some VSC just want the warrant card to protect themselves. :S they want action, but we regular have to make sure they dont hurt themselves like a nanny! imagine a regular with a bunch of VSC in a van going to check people or attend case. i think the regular must be thinking of report sick on the spot!

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal

I think that the only way they currently prevent policemen from breaking the law themselves or from being corrupt is the potential punishment if they are caught.
I don't think they are currently assessing the policement pre and post training and regularly on their values, characters, integrity, ethics and morals.
If I'm wrong, can someone please clarify and correct?

jw5

Loyal
I'm sure this could be done if Sinkies are willing to pay the poodles higher salary due to the more strigent requirements.
It is not for the Singkies to decide how much to pay policemen.
It is up to the really really well paid government ministars.
One suggestion would be to pay policemen more and ministars less. That would make society better for sure.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
THIS IS INDEED FRIGHTENING. THEY GIVE POWERS TO PRs OVER CITIZENS.:eek:

NEVER SAID THIS BEFORE LOUDLY.

REALLY CITIZENS OF SINGAPORE; MUST VOTE THE SCUMs OUT.

BO PIAN LIAO.
THIS IS THE LAST STRAW FOR ME.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

U become part time mata to arrest them lor! say so much :(

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
but things started to change. too many restrictions and to tie down the garang ones. so all the garang mata resigned and left sissy poodle behind. too many senior officers, too many scholars and too many brilliant ideas. one come, stay for 3 yrs. new ideas, implement new things. 3 yrs up, got promoted and left. new one come, same thing again. what never change is those who are below to make things work, but not rewarded accordingly.

you are spot on uncle. quite a few things need to be put right.

i pity the men in blue sometimes. long hours, low pay, strict PGO guidelines, abused by many, lousy equipment, then kanna stomp left right centre. there are many who resort to their own devices to make the extra buck the legal way (not bribery but mlms, insurance agent, food biz etc) but when found out, either hantak kaki or demoted and sacked.

then there are the young scholars who become team leaders (ASP). They lead the shift but barely leave the station. feel sorry for those junior officers under them.

i find vscs to be weird chaps. who would be motivated to do these kind of jobs for $5 per hour? mcdonald's pay more, and you get free burgers. also VSC must pay about $150 per year for their own insurance in SPF.
some say the adventure is priceless. pffft..... its just an ego to be seen by colleagues and friends outside, or thrill of carrying a gun.