• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

street corner gangs are small fly la say sg police

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes that's right. I mean with so many eyes of the public on darren's death the media obviously had to do something. If darren died elsewhere well nothing would have been reported.

Mati cases will be reported. You can't cover up these cases. As Mr Ramseth correctly pointed out, other non-mati cases in the notorious areas will not be reported for a variety of reasons.

There are many fights in Geylang between rival groups. I did not read of these cases in the English newspapers. Not sure if reported in the Chinese papers though coz I am unable to read.

Public Affairs Dept of the Police very careful on such matters. They do not want to cause unnecessary alarm among members of the public. There is an image to protect.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Darren's slayering warrants so much attention because it happened at NTUC Downtown East, not Geylang or Jalan Besar alleys. For those who frequent or live near these areas, gang clashes, big or small scale, bashing up or chopping up people, police and gang chases are all routine. Seldom reported in mainstream media.

Agree. Any idea if such cases were reported by the Chinese press? I know they love these stories.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree. Any idea if such cases were reported by the Chinese press? I know they love these stories.

Occasionally, yes, but of course not on such a scale and follow-through. It's not really the media's fault, to be fair. The police won't notify them at scene of crime. It's up to them to find out or have their own tipsters. Police always view front-line investigative reporting as a hindrance to police investigation. They'll make media release only after investigation completed. By then, it's routine work for the court reporters.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Occasionally, yes, but of course not on such a scale and follow-through. It's not really the media's fault, to be fair. The police won't notify them at scene of crime. It's up to them to find out or have their own tipsters. Police always view front-line investigative reporting as a hindrance to police investigation. They'll make media release only after investigation completed. By then, it's routine work for the court reporters.

Kum siah many many, bro. Quite sometime back while drinking beeer at one of the kpt, received info of a clash between 2 rival groups that had one of the chaps almost losing his hand!

The group that came after the home-based SS were given drugs to neutralise their fear. No idea if case was solved as most of those involved fled the scene immediately and within hours, headed north.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The group that came after the home-based SS were given drugs to neutralise their fear. No idea if case was solved as most of those involved fled the scene immediately and within hours, headed north.

There were many cases pending unsolved during my time. Those headed for Malaysia and Thailand, I know some of them too. Even assaulting police officers in resisting arrests, quite a lot. Never solved, if they cross the border in time. I don't know how fast the home team computer system is now. During my time, make a dash across legitimately with passport was practically safe sure thing, but must have connection in Malaysia to backup. Fugitives with connection wouldn't be free guests. They're expected to work too. From extortionists and fighters to whores, drugs and arms traffickers.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There were many cases pending unsolved during my time. Those headed for Malaysia and Thailand, I know some of them too. Even assaulting police officers in resisting arrests, quite a lot. Never solved, if they cross the border in time. I don't know how fast the home team computer system is now. During my time, make a dash across legitimately with passport was practically safe sure thing, but must have connection in Malaysia to backup. Fugitives with connection wouldn't be free guests. They're expected to work too. From extortionists and fighters to whores, drugs and arms traffickers.

Home Team computers not useful if the identities of those running not known. Some known, IOs never key in or key in late also problem.

Yes, connections important. Nothing is for free forever. At most, FOC for 2 weeks then you are expected to be independent. Not an easy life while on-the-run. If you made a pile of money before running, also headache. People up north also want to tax you. You need fake papers with fake identities they will charge you a bomb. Take David Rasif for example.

Fortunately for those on-the-run, they have 2 places to go whereby the organisation will take you in and you work for them. They have converted to legit biz today.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Peter never headed SS but he is well experienced and well versed in it. He was actually a Sgt in SSB before being promoted and sent to SIS. He is clean as a whistle. He is the man to go to on Gang matters.

Unfortunately most people will not talk. Lionel on the other hand would have ready opinion of how to operate the hubble telescope.

Lionel also gets a token sum for the number of letters in the forum as well as a yearly invite to dinner for all regular writers.

I like the way u put it! Dead serious yet dead humorous!He is the da man with an opinion on everything. Funny he's not headhunted by PAP. He's at least Home Affairs ministerial calibre!
And yes, he is so full of himself! The press don't need to sound him out. He also volunteers his soundbites.One gets tired of reading all his expert opinions and views; regurgitated most if not all the time. Until the next regurgitated soundbite from his dusty old files!:rolleyes: The Hokken says Si bei how lian!

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
It amazes me why the press goes to Lionel for his comments on these incidents. While it is true he was in SSB, Lionel is a complete failure outside SSB. It's the mother of all ironies that 2 out of 3 sons of his ended in SS.
As an expert on SS, how the hell did he fail to guide his kids? One of the 2 in SS also a drug addict. The 3rd son became a daughter.
he sent his sons into SS to be his snitch, in order to get his job done. hehehehe

rofthelper

Alfrescian
Loyal
Darren's slayering warrants so much attention because it happened at NTUC Downtown East, not Geylang or Jalan Besar alleys. For those who frequent or live near these areas, gang clashes, big or small scale, bashing up or chopping up people, police and gang chases are all routine. Seldom reported in mainstream media.

Ya loh, those fighting that ended up serious injury or even death are just reported in shitty times for the sake of reporting nia. :oIo:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I like the way u put it! Dead serious yet dead humorous!He is the da man with an opinion on everything. Funny he's not headhunted by PAP. He's at least Home Affairs ministerial calibre!
And yes, he is so full of himself! The press don't need to sound him out. He also volunteers his soundbites.One gets tired of reading all his expert opinions and views; regurgitated most if not all the time. Until the next regurgitated soundbite from his dusty old files!:rolleyes: The Hokken says Si bei how lian!

you know the most ironic thing is doesn't that remind you of someone in this forum. hmmmmmmmmm.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Home Team computers not useful if the identities of those running not known. Some known, IOs never key in or key in late also problem.

Yes, connections important. Nothing is for free forever. At most, FOC for 2 weeks then you are expected to be independent. Not an easy life while on-the-run. If you made a pile of money before running, also headache. People up north also want to tax you. You need fake papers with fake identities they will charge you a bomb. Take David Rasif for example.

Fortunately for those on-the-run, they have 2 places to go whereby the organisation will take you in and you work for them. They have converted to legit biz today.

who is this david rasif?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so this david rasif was taxed a lot of money?

No idea. The point being made here refers to Rasif being on-the-run and needing forged ID papers. The market price will be sky high coz the syndicate involved would have read how much Rasif made.

Even his day-to-day activities face risks. Knowing he is cash rich, he is a good target for extortion or kidnap. Being on-the-run is no joke.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
No idea. The point being made here refers to Rasif being on-the-run and needing forged ID papers. The market price will be sky high coz the syndicate involved would have read how much Rasif made.

Even his day-to-day activities face risks. Knowing he is cash rich, he is a good target for extortion or kidnap. Being on-the-run is no joke.

If you are going to be on the run, there is no reason to go to places where Singapore has good security relations. Running to Malaysia and staying in Malaysia is therefore insane.

If you are on the run, head for Indonesia There is no strong extradition treaty which is why many rich fugitives from Indonesia roam free in Singapore. The culture of corruption in Indonesia makes it easy to reinvent yourself a new identity.

If you have made it to as far as Thailand, do not think you are safe. For some reason, Thailand is the preferred destination of Singapore fugitives. As such, there is actually quite a good arrangement to bring fugitives back from Thailand. If you are in Thailand, head toward to the north east Golden Triange region. Border secuirty is lax there so it is very easy to slip into Cambodia or Mynamar. Cambodia is the better bet as Singapore has good relations with the top leaders of Mynamar. Another option would be go to China via Yunan. Border security is tighter there so you will have to pay more to get cross.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pray who can that be? Please enlighten me.:biggrin::rolleyes:

I'll give you a few clues. He's extraordinarily handsome, extremely well known in this forum, even well known in real life, he's connected, has gang connections but choses to lead a righteous life instead, extremely knowlegable and of course well liked by women. Not to mention his shit comes out pure gold. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You know who? Would you like to buy a vowel?