• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Yaw Shin Leong rumoured to be in Vietnam; considers appeal.

paulhong

Alfrescian
Loyal
YSL bonking Viet girls or he run brothel business over there? :biggrin:

Yaw Shin Leong to consider appealing against expulsion from Workers Party?

http://temasektimes.wordpress.com/2...pealing-against-expulsion-from-workers-party/

Is disgraced ex-WP MP Yaw Shin Leong considering making an appeal against his expulsion from the Workers’ Party?

According to a reliable source, Mr Yaw is currently exploring all his options carefully so that he does not have to worry about his livelihood in the near future.

Mr Yaw is reportedly in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam now where he has considerable business contacts. It is not known if he flew to Vietnam directly from Singapore or from a third country.

“Shin Leong’s immediate task is to ensure that his family does not starve, now that he is longer a MP and has halted his businesses in Singapore,” he said.

Mr Yaw has been uncontactable since 15 February after which he was sacked from the party over his persistent refusal to address rumors about his alleged extra-marital affairs with a few married women.

“When he left Singapore, Shin Leong thought he was able to start afresh immediately, but it turns out that things are not so simple in China and Vietnam. He needs capital and time to build the connections. As a last resort, he may appeal against his expulsion to buy some time with his MP allowance.”

Though Mr Yaw has AWOLed and abandoned his Hougang residents, he is still paid about S$14,000 monthly or S$3,500 by Singapore taxpayers so long he remains a Member of Parliament.

Even if his appeal is eventually rejected, it will take at least a few months before the final decision is made and Mr Yaw can still collect his monthly MP allowance as guaranteed by the Constitution in the meantime regardless of whether he is in Singapore or not.

When Mr Low Thia Kiang introduced Mr Yaw as a candidate for Hougang during an election rally last year, he implored Hougang residents to ‘trust’ him. Unfortunately, there is no way Singaporeans can get a ‘refund’ from Mr Yaw or WP for his prolonged absence.

Last edited:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Temasek Times is run by pro-PAP people. Apparently, they are sending signals that they want YSL to contest that expulsion decision so that the ball would be thrown into WP's court again, no issue of when to conduct by-elections.

Goh Meng Seng

XiaoJuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
ysl gor gor should just be a full-time kept man. livelihood will be provided. sex too :biggrin:

According to a reliable source, Mr Yaw is currently exploring all his options carefully so that he does not have to worry about his livelihood in the near future.

paulhong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Temasek Times is run by pro-PAP people. Apparently, they are sending signals that they want YSL to contest that expulsion decision so that the ball would be thrown into WP's court again, no issue of when to conduct by-elections.

Goh Meng Seng

I see. Thank you for your insight :o I hope you are not within the pro-PAP people. :p

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If he didn't contest, I will be confused. If he contest, though bad, we then know where he is from and what he is up to.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Go Vietnam is only to fuck whores or be pimp? Insightful indeed.

Shin Leong’s immediate task is to ensure that his family does not starve, now that he is longer a MP and has halted his businesses in Singapore,” he said. - makes you wonder doesn't it? that once a sinkie stops working then immediately he will go starving...even MP previously with a business and 14K allowances is in same situation.

Though Mr Yaw has AWOLed and abandoned his Hougang residents, he is still paid about S$14,000 monthly or S$3,500 by Singapore taxpayers so long he remains a Member of Parliament. Please check how many MIWs paid much more for doing nothing....look first in Tanjong Pagar GRC's 88 year old.

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think YSL would not contest the decision. He got expelled because he wanted his private life hidden and if he gets reinstated questions about that is going to come back again. He is also capable of making bucks equivalent if not more than MP salary, unlike the losers who partnered him wanting to freeride him.

I would say it's understanding of character. Many would brainlessly say that an "affair man" has lose morals hence will contest. Don't forget we have seen good mothers make bad bosses, or nasty brothers who do charity work. It is difficult to judge based on making such absolute statements, but more on look at the person's character in that same particular aspect in the past. If the fat insect, I would say Sima Zhao in it would. In the first place, it would not have kept quiet but that may not be a credit because that means spewing rubbish.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think fucker Yaw will contest his sacking... All Mr Low need... is to ask him to talk straight in his sifu's face...
Which I doubt he can...

refulgence

Alfrescian
Loyal
YSL's modus operandi is to run and hide when the going gets tough. In his mind, he needs an effective disguise or plastic surgery before he steps into sinkieland again any time soon.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When Goh Meng Seng's former colleagues came out to throw stones at YSL even after the latter had been expelled, did GMS step forth to critique their actions?

Or was there a silence no different from that of YSL?

BlueWave

Alfrescian
Loyal
When Goh Meng Seng's former colleagues came out to throw stones at YSL even after the latter had been expelled, did GMS step forth to critique their actions?

errrmmmm... goh meng seng is the person holding the biggest stone. not only that, he is the 1st to throw. not just that he instigates others to throw.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think YSL would not contest the decision. He got expelled because he wanted his private life hidden and if he gets reinstated questions about that is going to come back again. He is also capable of making bucks equivalent if not more than MP salary, unlike the losers who partnered him wanting to freeride him.

I would say it's understanding of character. Many would brainlessly say that an "affair man" has lose morals hence will contest. Don't forget we have seen good mothers make bad bosses, or nasty brothers who do charity work. It is difficult to judge based on making such absolute statements, but more on look at the person's character in that same particular aspect in the past. If the fat insect, I would say Sima Zhao in it would. In the first place, it would not have kept quiet but that may not be a credit because that means spewing rubbish.

Contesting the expulsion is even worse for YSL now. Imagine...

WP : What happened?

YSL : Errr...no comment.

Media : What happened?

WP : Errr...no comment, we'll ask him first.

WP : (Tried to contact YSL, no sound no picture.)

Media : Some girls have spoken to us. Now, what's your side of the story?

WP : We have no side of the story. We can't find him. So, we'll expell him.

LHL : Wah lao eh! Call BE now, we sure lose again regardless of scandal.

LKY : I may be your ah lao but don't look at me. I'm going to Kazakhstan next week.

LHL : Kazakhstan?! That's a landlocked semi-desert. What the hell will you be doing there?

LKY : Life is lifelong learning curve. I'll be there to study for another degree.

Tharman : Put that YSL and Hougang aside first, let's settle the Budget first.

LHL : Hope that YSL contest the expulsion and buy me some more time.

Well, that said for a lighter moment, you're right. YSL is a well-connected, well-traveled, resourceful and hardworking man if he puts his heart and mind on anything. Don't be surprised if I visit him in HCM and we enjoy a good dog meat dinner together chatting about good old days. :wink:

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

You think too highly of it. The chap was hinting that I had something to do with YSL matter so subtlely that no one noticed and when no one was else was even bothered with the question. When I realised, I pointed that these factors meant it itself was the true culprit, guess what? The accusations against me stopped. Something not right. Given that it is most gleeful, you think it'll bother with whoever is throwing stones?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Collecting a taxpayer funded allowance while doing absolutely nothing for those who voted for him.:eek:

The opposition is far worse than the Pappies. :rolleyes:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Collecting a taxpayer funded allowance while doing absolutely nothing for those who voted for him.:eek:

The opposition is far worse than the Pappies. :rolleyes:

Please, have heard this once too often, till it bore....a pot calling a kettle, black...all politicians are liars, whats the diff?

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think fucker Yaw will contest his sacking... All Mr Low need... is to ask him to talk straight in his sifu's face...
Which I doubt he can...

TRE is a wordsmith expert in sensationalising stuff. My view is that YSL has never considered an appeal since Day 1.

BlueWave

Alfrescian
Loyal
yaw is not appealing. its official.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_769414.html

Sacked Workers' Party (WP) member Yaw Shin Leong has officially vacated his Hougang seat after informing Parliament earlier this week that he will not be appealing against his expulsion.

Announcing this in a statement on Wednesday afternoon, Speaker Michael Palmer said the Clerk of Parliament had received a letter from Mr Yaw on Monday stating that he would not be challenging his expulsion from the WP.

The Clerk had written to Mr Yaw on last Friday, Feb 17, giving him a week to indicate if he intends to appeal against or challenge his expulsion from the party. Mr Palmer said on Friday that Parliament would decide on the vacancy of the Member for Hougang?s seat when it received Mr Yaw?s reply or after the deadline expired.

On Wednesday, Mr Palmer declared the Member for Hougang's seat vacant from Feb 14 - the date of Mr Yaw's expulsion from the WP.

paulhong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng

gms, you are right. Temasek Times spreading rumours.

http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20120222-329466.html

Yaw not appealing against expulsion from WP

Expelled Workers' Party (WP) member Yaw Shin Leong will not be appealing against his expulsion from the party.

He stated this in a letter addressed to the Clerk of Parliament on Feb 20.

During the opening of Parliament sitting on Feb 17, Speaker Michael Palmer announced that the decision on the Mr Yaw's vacancy will only be made known when is informed on whether Mr Yaw will be appealing against or challenging the Worker's Party decision to expel him.

He was given until Feb 24 to do so, but had written in four days before the deadline.

Since Mr Yaw has not challenged his expulsion, the seat of the Member for Hougang is vacant from the day he was expelled.

Mr Palmer stated that he will be making a formal announcement to the House during its next sitting on Feb 28.

Mr Yaw was expelled from WP after he remained tight-lipped on allegations accusing him of having an extramarital affair with a married party colleague.

His silence forced the party to act after he avoided several opportunities to explain himself.

Mr Yaw remained uncontactable throughout the month and is reported to have left Singapore.