• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WTF is wrong is Sinkieporeans?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when was the last time you been there? It wasn't a situation 18 months ago.
Nothing to do with complexion. They knew I was from singapore and assumed our third language is Thai. I asked one of them why singaporean must speak thai. And reply was many many singapore here, many speak thai.

I was there this yr end of september. Nope didn't encounter this.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Male. Ever feel digusted when you see groups of Angmos all chammy and physical with sinkie women in public? SPGs queueing up exclusively for them? Makes you angry when their arrogance crosses the limit of seeing you as a lower being in YOUR own country? What happens when they stab or murder your fellow singaporeans? Ego got a beating right? hope to see them shipped out right?

Not really. I say good riddance. Anyhow, there are plenty of better-looking women, local and foreign than those SPGs. The world is quite a big place.

In fact, many of my Ang Mo brothers are themselves quite disgusted with their own American/Western women: fat, ugly, foul-tempered and utterly skanky. That's why they prefer to seek partners from Asia. You can't deny them their right to seek happiness.

I wish them all the best. Jealousy is only for those who are insecure and are not confident of their self worth. Really, don't lose sleep over it.

And as for Ang Mos literally getting away with murder... well it happens with other countries too e.g. China. When your country is just an insignificant speck on the world map, you have to be diplomatic and give face to the (bigger) foreign country's embassy here. This ass-kissing is euphemistically called 'foreign policy' or 'diplomacy'.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many Singaporeans (and Malaysians) can speak Thai at least at conversational level. Go to Beach Road, Golden Mile, Geylang, Hatyai, Phuket, Bangkok etc. to hear for yourself. Thai language even entered Singlish. E.g., mao liao is used in Singlish for being drunk. Mao liao isn't Chinese or English or Malay, it's Thai in origin.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many Singaporeans (and Malaysians) can speak Thai at least at conversational level. Go to Beach Road, Golden Mile, Geylang, Hatyai, Phuket, Bangkok etc. to hear for yourself. Thai language even entered Singlish. E.g., mao liao is used in Singlish for being drunk. Mao liao isn't Chinese or English or Malay, it's Thai in origin.

got sinkies use mao meh?

Well thailand is next to malaysia for eg so it's plain obvious the influences would be mutual.

Many thai words also from chinese or malay. Soap for eg. I swear i didn't even know soap in thai but i somehow figured it would be sab bun with a different tone and i was correct. Gao yee chair is also called that in thai.

SibeiKing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not really. I say good riddance. Anyhow, there are plenty of better-looking women, local and foreign than those SPGs. The world is quite a big place.

In fact, many of my Ang Mo brothers are themselves quite disgusted with their own American/Western women: fat, ugly, foul-tempered and utterly skanky. That's why they prefer to seek partners from Asia. You can't deny them their right to seek happiness.

I wish them all the best. Jealousy is only for those who are insecure and are not confident of their self worth. Really, don't lose sleep over it.

And as for Ang Mos literally getting away with murder... well it happens with other countries too e.g. China. When your country is just an insignificant speck on the world map, you have to be diplomatic and give face to the (bigger) foreign country's embassy here. This ass-kissing is euphemistically called 'foreign policy' or 'diplomacy'.

you seem to have a hard time following a discussion without involving china and chinese ass. Kinda remind me of another forummer's baiting. No one is questioning politics of crime, extraditions and jurisdictions. you can refer to the thread on the murder case involving a romanian here to gauge the reaction of singaporeans if needed.

Not sure what Angmo brothers you have. But the notion of Westerners being disgusted with Western women have been thrown around, recycled and rear out for a long time. Those with mileage and well connected will understand what I mean. If you still need convincing, I can reccomend a few clubs depending on where you go. But of course as you mentioned, the insecured and negative net worths are plentiful to continue the myth. No sleep loss here. dun worry.

Will be happy to discuss when you track to topic. cheers.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was there last week. Met heaps. from taxis to planes. If you care to briefly describe your itinerary, it would be clearer.

i was in bkk then i went to phuket then i came back to bkk. Didn't encounter thais that would expect me to speak thai since i'm a foreigner although one thai man told me i should learn how to speak thai for obvious reasons.

SibeiKing

Alfrescian
Loyal

i can understand the need for singaporeans to speak thai if based in hatyai, Phuket and Bangkok. Even geylang. But can't see the connection in beach road and golden mile.
First time I heard mao liao was when a thai pub at railway station was building up its reputation. Din't know its part of singlish now. At the rate sinkies are going, singlish might just get too complicated for me.

SibeiKing

Alfrescian
Loyal
i was in bkk then i went to phuket then i came back to bkk. Didn't encounter thais that would expect me to speak thai since i'm a foreigner although one thai man told me i should learn how to speak thai for obvious reasons.

And you din't encounter any sinkies conversing in thai with their obviously working ladies? Mabe I went there during the school holis. It wasn't an expectation of me to speak thai but surprise at a singaporean not being able to speak thai.

SibeiKing

Alfrescian
Loyal
it really depends on which type of Thai people you mixed with.

You mixed with low life losers.. of course you get low life loser treatment.

You mixed with decent Thai people and treated them with respect, you will get that in return.

But of course, to many sinkies here, they usually look for low life entertainment, so they totally deserve all the shit they get.

That is actually a general knowledge of things to be in Thailand, why is there a need to create a thread and post to remind? Maybe sinkies need that.

Care to enlighted me what is low life and high life entertainment in Thailand? i'm not in tune with the thai lifestyle.
Low life and decent thais not the issue here. I treat them all the same.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And you din't encounter any sinkies conversing in thai with their obviously working ladies? Mabe I went there during the school holis. It wasn't an expectation of me to speak thai but surprise at a singaporean not being able to speak thai.

To tell you the truth other than my own frens i didn't encounter any sinkies or maybe i did but i didn't notice nor did i care. There are many chinese and malay looking thais so to tell you the truth many sinkies can blend into the crowd. i did encounter some japanese though since isn't unusual since bkk and other major tourist places have foreigners.

Btw are you kind of tanned? Perhaps you have a typical thai look that's why they asked you that question. You know how like an ang moh instantly speaks english to another ang moh even though the other ang moh might not even know english or how a chinaman speaks chinese to any chinese looking person.

What places did you encounter these thai ppl? At bars where many sinkies frequent?

to tell you the truth many sinkies have an interest in thailand whether it's the cultural, religious aspect or due to some pussy.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This thread oni refer to sinkieporean.

During my latest trip to Bangkok. i had at least 20 thais asking me: "Singapore? You no speak thai? Why?"
One tried to converse to me in Thai and when I said "No thai, English or mandarin?". She apologised. " Sorry. Sorry. I think You Singapore."

Wtf?? Should i be proud?? If Singaporeans are learning Thai language for business reasons or CULTURAL reasons, I got nothing to say. But no, sinkieporeans learning thai to pick up thai girls or hope to land a thai wife. wtf?? Do you see Japs or Angmos doing that?? And these thai speaking sinikies got the cheek to luff at japs and angmos being carrots.

sinkies. Priest hor. Stay at home and get pawned by local sinkie women. You deserve them.:mad:

to tell you the truth many japs and ang mohs do learn thai. Some ang mohs even became monks in thailand and speak thai as fluently as native thais. Watch the tony ja move tom yung gong there's one ang moh monk in the movie and i believe they were in oz.

If you plan to stay long term or grew up in thailand you definitely need to learn the language.

SibeiKing

Alfrescian
Loyal
to tell you the truth many japs and ang mohs do learn thai. Some ang mohs even became monks in thailand and speak thai as fluently as native thais. Watch the tony ja move tom yung gong there's one ang moh monk in the movie and i believe they were in oz.

If you plan to stay long term or grew up in thailand you definitely need to learn the language.

As I said earlier, i'm not aimming at roadrunners. If you love thailand culture or life, learning thai language is admirable. Japs and angmos who settle or retire there should also have a grasp of the language to enjoy the full quality of life. No problems with that. One day I might even do that.

SibeiKing

Alfrescian
Loyal
To tell you the truth other than my own frens i didn't encounter any sinkies or maybe i did but i didn't notice nor did i care. There are many chinese and malay looking thais so to tell you the truth many sinkies can blend into the crowd. i did encounter some japanese though since isn't unusual since bkk and other major tourist places have foreigners.

Btw are you kind of tanned? Perhaps you have a typical thai look that's why they asked you that question. You know how like an ang moh instantly speaks english to another ang moh even though the other ang moh might not even know english or how a chinaman speaks chinese to any chinese looking person.

What places did you encounter these thai ppl? At bars where many sinkies frequent?

to tell you the truth many sinkies have an interest in thailand whether it's the cultural, religious aspect or due to some pussy.

I've said before. nothing to do with appearance. I've been asked whther I am korean, japanese, malay, chinese and even brazilian. As you can see, range of the mentioned complexion is wide.

Seems like bro joetys want to divert want to divert traffic by setting up a new thread and i'll carry on the discussion there. I'm sure more thailand roadrunners and lurkers will come out and question my thread motive and you'll see from there. hopefully i survive the zapping.:biggrin:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This thread oni refer to sinkieporean.

During my latest trip to Bangkok. i had at least 20 thais asking me: "Singapore? You no speak thai? Why?"
One tried to converse to me in Thai and when I said "No thai, English or mandarin?". She apologised. " Sorry. Sorry. I think You Singapore."

Wtf?? Should i be proud?? If Singaporeans are learning Thai language for business reasons or CULTURAL reasons, I got nothing to say. But no, sinkieporeans learning thai to pick up thai girls or hope to land a thai wife. wtf?? Do you see Japs or Angmos doing that?? And these thai speaking sinikies got the cheek to luff at japs and angmos being carrots.

sinkies. Priest hor. Stay at home and get pawned by local sinkie women. You deserve them.:mad:

Have been in LOS long enough and I can confidently say foreigners are not required to speak Thai in any major LOS cities/tourist place.

All tourist joints do not expect foreigners to speak Thai. Will be good if TS point out these joints where the Thais expect Sinkies to speak Thai so that all bros here will avoid these joints. There are so many foreigners here who do not speak a word of Thai. Also, experiencing over 20 such incidents during your trip is no joke. The district you visited must be some Sinkie own joint or mini-Sinkieland in LOS.

My experience quite opposite with TS. I speak fluent Thai and on many occasions, the locals insist on speaking English to show off their English skills. Their English was so bad that I rather communicate with them in Thai. Even at the nightspots, many will insist talking to me in English. Well, I just obliged and pick up Thaigrish. :wink:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good observation that I agree with. Most of them who know some English would rather speak English with you, not only to impress you but also to improve their English.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good observation that I agree with. Most of them who know some English would rather speak English with you, not only to impress you but also to improve their English.
One gogobar mamasan told me. Her girls only need to know about 10 English words/phrase to earn a living.

1. Hello!
2. How are you?
3. Where you from?
4. Buy lady drink?
5. How many?
6. Thank you.
7. Bar fine me?
8. Go hotel?
9. Condom
10. Give tip

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One gogobar mamasan told me. Her girls only need to know about 10 English words/phrase to earn a living.

1. Hello!
2. How are you?
3. Where you from?
4. Buy lady drink?
5. How many?
6. Thank you.
7. Bar fine me?
8. Go hotel?
9. Condom
10. Give tip

That mamasan training course for gogogirls is not so good. This course is better:

Module 1

1. (No need word, look and make eye contact.)
2. Hi! (Hello (or Hanlo in Thai) is for phone only.)
3. Where you from?
4. How long you stay here?
5. I thirsty, can buy me drink?

(...after at least 3 or 4 ladies' drinks...)

Module 2

6. Where hotel you stay?
7. I hungry, can bring me out to eat?
8. Bar fine #### baht, you pay mamasan.
9. I can also stay hotel with you, pay me is #### baht.
10. OK ka, let's go!

Last edited:

SibeiKing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have been in LOS long enough and I can confidently say foreigners are not required to speak Thai in any major LOS cities/tourist place.

All tourist joints do not expect foreigners to speak Thai. Will be good if TS point out these joints where the Thais expect Sinkies to speak Thai so that all bros here will avoid these joints. There are so many foreigners here who do not speak a word of Thai. Also, experiencing over 20 such incidents during your trip is no joke. The district you visited must be some Sinkie own joint or mini-Sinkieland in LOS.

My experience quite opposite with TS. I speak fluent Thai and on many occasions, the locals insist on speaking English to show off their English skills. Their English was so bad that I rather communicate with them in Thai. Even at the nightspots, many will insist talking to me in English. Well, I just obliged and pick up Thaigrish. :wink:

i have stated. Its not an expectation but surprise at a sinkie not able to speak thai. This wasn't the situation 18 months ago when I stayed at the same area. I have been frequently traveling to thailand for 20+years and that was never the case. What changed then? It became apparent when I start seeing sinkies all around with their thai working ladies in eating and shopping areas. Some are as young as 18 and range to probably late 40s. There are no specific joints that expect you to speak thai. You have stayed in LOS long enough to know that. Bell-hoppers, hotel reception, taxi drivers, waiters, massage ladies and even a stall owner to name a few who were surprised. Stayed at a area you can say local-orientated. Definately not a settling place for sinkies in the past.
din't visit any nightspots this time so no comment on that.
So what changed in the last 2 years? Thai discos have been around for ages in Singapore and I don't recall sinkies commiting murder in Thailand over working girls or Young sinkies taking their own life over thai working ladies back then.

Last edited: