• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WP

depeche

Alfrescian
Loyal
To WP members, I guess it would be good that WP would initial other opposition parties to join its team and formed the sole opposition for the future. This would built it's base and give more focus to form a solid alternative voice. As I don't see the other parties would made any headway anyway.

If that would be possible, then WP would consider modifying it's logo as i find that the hammer is a bit out of fashion...maybe some nice design(still with a hammer) for a change! That's my personal opinion...

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thankfully its just your opinion. The hammer is just fine.

I don't think its a wise idea to approach "poach" other party members. It lacks integrity. If other party members want to join, they can approach WP. For WP to actively poach candidates, it is cannibalizing the general opposition. What if that alternative voice presented is one you do not agree with?

Of course there are a few parties that will likely not survive to the next elections but i think one should adopt a Darwinian approach, where if you fail to gather enough support, you just die a natural death. I expect PAP will change and so will WP/SDP/NSP etc... which can only be good for Singaporeans as there is more competition to serve the people.

depeche

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm thinking more on "poaching'' the opposition parties as a whole like RP merge with WP. Not so much about individual members.
Really, it will takes how many more donkey years for any other parties to made any inroad to parliament.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
there are some things you can change, and some you cannot. one of it you should not change is the hammer, it has very strong historical links and the older generation felt connected to it. such symbol SHOULD never change

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP would consider modifying it's logo as i find that the hammer is a bit out of fashion...maybe some nice design(still with a hammer) for a change!

something like that, you mean

Flying_Hammer_logo.jpg

depeche

Alfrescian
Loyal
there are some things you can change, and some you cannot. one of it you should not change is the hammer, it has very strong historical links and the older generation felt connected to it. such symbol SHOULD never change

Sometimes change must be there to move with the time...imagine if we are still using pager or watching black n white tele...also, cannot change the PAP government liao...

wowentian

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think WP will actively adopt poach other opp. I believe under LTK, he has his selection criteria for those want to join under him and contest ge, other opp leader has their own party agenda, may not want to lower their pride to align to wp vision. For the past 20 years, he has seen the ups & downs of various opp including wp, so under his leadership, he will be strict in his selection process.

depeche

Alfrescian
Loyal
So i think it will always be good that opposition has unity. The main agenda is to represent the people and fight the Papee first.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes change must be there to move with the time...imagine if we are still using pager or watching black n white tele...also, cannot change the PAP government liao...

if you do business, you just buy over a major company that has an well establisehd brand. try changing its logo that it has established over the past decades. what do you think will happens to your sales of your current product with the new logo

policies, attitude etc can change. Things like symbols/brandname its best to remain as it is

Last edited:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's very obvious, isn't it? WP run a strict disciplined system. The RP defectors didn't join WP but began with RP because they felt uncomfortably restricted by it, thinking it easier with a new party under JBJ brandname They defected when they discovered KJ is attempting a regime something like WP and even worse, overdoing it. KJ is trying to set up a system in 2 years what LTK took 10 years to set up. After 2006 GE, even ex-WP candidates like GMS and CTL left, couldn't accept the discipline. That I read as character and motivation screening, which WP maintained quite successfully. The people who can't accept the disciplined system are invariably those who think themselves cleverest and always right.

The Hammer logo should remain, perhaps just with some modern stylization shading. It's too valuable an icon to discard.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will be a bad idea to do so. Different parties have different culture and direction. It will cause the culture of WP to dillute if all the sudden influx of members from other parties. While we only differentiate between PAP and opposition, such is not the case in reality.

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's very obvious, isn't it? WP run a strict disciplined system. The RP defectors didn't join WP but began with RP because they felt uncomfortably restricted by it, thinking it easier with a new party under JBJ brandname They defected when they discovered KJ is attempting a regime something like WP and even worse, overdoing it. KJ is trying to set up a system in 2 years what LTK took 10 years to set up. After 2006 GE, even ex-WP candidates like GMS and CTL left, couldn't accept the discipline. That I read as character and motivation screening, which WP maintained quite successfully. The people who can't accept the disciplined system are invariably those who think themselves cleverest and always right.

WP has always been associated with strict discipline and selection process. So its quite surprising that Yee Jong Jenn only joined WP 2 months back and was immediately put forward as a WP candidate for GE2011. This came from JJ Yee himself during his speech thanking the voters.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP has always been associated with strict discipline and selection process. So its quite surprising that Yee Jong Jenn only joined WP 2 months back and was immediately put forward as a WP candidate for GE2011. This came from JJ Yee himself during his speech thanking the voters.

I didn't attend the rally but I think WP must have known YJJ for a long time, even if he decided to stand for election 2 months ago. In fact, I'd vote him second most impressive new candidate of this GE, just after CMS.

Last edited:

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
I didn't attend the rally but I think WP must have known YJJ for a long time, even if he decided to stand for election 2 months ago. In fact, I'd vote him second most impressive new candidate of this GE, just after CMS.

JJ is not an impressive or passionate speaker like Pritam Singh and his focus on entrepreneurship might not resonate with many of the "employee minded" Singaporeans. But what really stands out about JJ is his sincerity when you speak with him in person. He is someone who has his heart in the right place and someone we can trust with speaking out for the common man. This is the type we need in Parliament and not the all brains and no heart type that PAP typically bring in. Although this fallacy has been smashed to smithereens with candidates with no heart AND no brains like TPL, FMH etc....

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
JJ is not an impressive or passionate speaker like Pritam Singh and his focus on entrepreneurship might not resonate with many of the "employee minded" Singaporeans. But what really stands out about JJ is his sincerity when you speak with him in person. He is someone who has his heart in the right place and someone we can trust with speaking out for the common man. This is the type we need in Parliament and not the all brains and no heart type that PAP typically bring in. Although this fallacy has been smashed to smithereens with candidates with no heart AND no brains like TPL, FMH etc....

You'll realize how focused he is on his grounds and target voters when you realize Joo Chiat is all landed and condo.

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal

The Hammer logo should remain, perhaps just with some modern stylization shading. It's too valuable an icon to discard.

you seems to know alot about wp.thanks for the info sharing.wow, i learn alot of things in sammyboy forum. :smile: