• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

World leaders honour Lee Kuan Yew on his 90th birthday

streetcry

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=2]Leaders from Europe and Asia have written to Singapore's former Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew on the occasion of his 90th birthday on Monday.[/h]
mr-lee-kuan-yew-afp-file.jpg
Mr Lee Kuan Yew (AFP File)

SINGAPORE: Leaders from Europe and Asia have written to Singapore's former Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew on the occasion of his 90th birthday on Monday.
Writing to Mr Lee, Queen Elizabeth II noted that his life has been inextricably interwoven with the history and development of Singapore. The queen noted that this year also marked the 50th anniversary of Singapore's independence from the UK and she is delighted that the links between both countries remained so strong.
Germany's Chancellor Angela Merkel in her message, said that for over fifty years, Mr Lee has been a decisive figure helping to shape Singapore's destiny and leading the country to peace and prosperity.
She added that Mr Lee's prudent policymaking has also helped ASEAN become a force for reconciliation and stability in Asia.
Ms Merkel said Singapore will remain a key partner for Germany in Asia.
China's former Vice Premier, Li Lanqing wrote of Mr Lee's efforts in forging the friendship between China and Singapore. Mr Li Lanqing also wished him good health, longevity and happiness.

- CNA/ac

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is not that LKY is good, just that the other Asia leaders are too stupid.

If LKY ruled an European country, he would have been a condemned human rights abuser with nothing special to show.

But because other Asia leaders are too dumb, Western countries can only find Singapore to invest in Asia and therefore have to revere and carry LKY.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
kopiuncle and clones still not here yet to make our hair stands? Oh I almost forget boss sam too. Why so lazy today? WTF!

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP has nothing much to promote these days. Keep harping on old fart history never know when to out date their credential and put in new one like hail the new king LHL!

[h=2]Leaders from Europe and Asia have written to Singapore's former Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew on the occasion of his 90th birthday on Monday.[/h]
mr-lee-kuan-yew-afp-file.jpg
Mr Lee Kuan Yew (AFP File)

SINGAPORE: Leaders from Europe and Asia have written to Singapore's former Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew on the occasion of his 90th birthday on Monday.
Writing to Mr Lee, Queen Elizabeth II noted that his life has been inextricably interwoven with the history and development of Singapore. The queen noted that this year also marked the 50th anniversary of Singapore's independence from the UK and she is delighted that the links between both countries remained so strong.
Germany's Chancellor Angela Merkel in her message, said that for over fifty years, Mr Lee has been a decisive figure helping to shape Singapore's destiny and leading the country to peace and prosperity.
She added that Mr Lee's prudent policymaking has also helped ASEAN become a force for reconciliation and stability in Asia.
Ms Merkel said Singapore will remain a key partner for Germany in Asia.
China's former Vice Premier, Li Lanqing wrote of Mr Lee's efforts in forging the friendship between China and Singapore. Mr Li Lanqing also wished him good health, longevity and happiness.

- CNA/ac

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Give credit to Old Man la. He did a good job bringing us to where we are now. But his style ain't gonna cut it with the current gen.

You're giving credit to someone who doesn't deserve it.

LKY did fuck all to benefit Singapore. All he had achieved was obtaining more power and money for his family and cronies.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're giving credit to someone who doesn't deserve it.

LKY did fuck all to benefit Singapore. All he had achieved was obtaining more power and money for his family and cronies.

That's not entirely true. Hate the man's guts, but he did contribute to the development of the country. But it's time for him to let go.

evisionary

Alfrescian
Loyal
At 90, body full of pain and aches plus his beloved wife is no longer around. What more to "Happy" about? Wealth, Power, Legendary, all in his pocket.
What next?

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
kopiuncle and clones still not here yet to make our hair stands? Oh I almost forget boss sam too. Why so lazy today? WTF!

I wish to see kopisai and all the other IBs doing this in the not so distant future.

the-professional-mourners-of-taiwan-1365269490-4193.jpg

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
At 90, body full of pain and aches plus his beloved wife is no longer around. What more to "Happy" about? Wealth, Power, Legendary, all in his pocket.
What next?

The joy of seeing all that he has built destroyed in the hands of his son. :biggrin:

PrinceCharming

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not that LKY is good, just that the other Asia leaders are too stupid.

If LKY ruled an European country, he would have been a condemned human rights abuser with nothing special to show.

But because other Asia leaders are too dumb, Western countries can only find Singapore to invest in Asia and therefore have to revere and carry LKY.

Totally agree. The other Asian leaders are still too dumb.

PrinceCharming

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP has nothing much to promote these days. Keep harping on old fart history never know when to out date their credential and put in new one like hail the new king LHL!

PAP has run out of ideas. It doesn't even know how to fix the problematic public transport system and the expensive healthcare system.

BTW when is Pinky going to reveal the details of MediSHIT Life?

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
10 years of curses and swearings
10 years of vitriole and hate
10 years of vulgarity and obscenity
10 years of continuous campaign of scorn
10 years of contempt and blame
10 years of ceaseless bombardments

the man today stands firm and resolute
the man today stands unvanquished and undefeated
the man today stands resolute and firm