• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

World Cup 2014 Thread...

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can we see this type of creative free kick in the world cup.
wonder who choreographed this move.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gB-cl4wnSss?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

airplug

Alfrescian
Loyal
TERESOPOLIS: Brazil's national squad ran a gauntlet of protesters Monday as they reported for World Cup training against a backdrop of public anger over spending on the tournament.

"An educator is worth more than Neymar," chanted a group of 200 striking teachers, referring to Brazil's star striker, as the team bus edged through the protesters on its way from Rio de Janeiro's international airport to the base camp where the squad will train before playing Croatia in the World Cup opening match on June 12.

28yalbp

DieMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

World Cup 2010

ZOinZnW.jpg

bjmlcZw.jpg

rt7o2Kr.jpg

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=c2e85e1bab38" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

ThosayMaureenNeo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lucky they didnt shout '' Kanni Neymar, Kanni Neymar ''

TERESOPOLIS: Brazil's national squad ran a gauntlet of protesters Monday as they reported for World Cup training against a backdrop of public anger over spending on the tournament.

"An educator is worth more than Neymar," chanted a group of 200 striking teachers, referring to Brazil's star striker, as the team bus edged through the protesters on its way from Rio de Janeiro's international airport to the base camp where the squad will train before playing Croatia in the World Cup opening match on June 12.

28yalbp

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looking at is the history I now pick Argentina to win the world cup.
Group F: Arg, Bos N Her, Nig and Ira
so will be an easy passage to knock out phrase.
SG pools offer Arg @$4.70 same as Ger.

ByTheWay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

By the way i support Germany as far as they can go which i think is the semi finals. They have a young squad and this world cup may not be theirs.

kknnbbccbb

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes Argentina look strong again this time.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By the way i support Germany as far as they can go which i think is the semi finals. They have a young squad and this world cup may not be theirs.
History does not favours European countries to win on America soil but agree
Germany always progress very far.
Pierre Littbarski, Lothar Matthäus and Cafu
played 21 games at the world cup final, these records is hard to beat.
Most appearance for a country is Brazil, never fail to qualify for the world cup final.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With the exception of Maradona, individuals do not win World Cups for their country. It is almost always a team effort.

Ronaldo, Messi and Rooney may be talented individuals but none have really impressed at WC level (especially Messi and Rooney).

Germany, Spain and Holland always do well because they play collective team football where no one individual really stands out.
Belgium is another example of a squad full of talented players...if they can gel as a team, they could go all the way.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
12936_5_max.jpg

The Dutch can go to the final again with these 3 geniuses + 1 protege :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uAS9rwtzLYA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3M6ix86n7AE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/s5qEKvBWuBg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MiRW90BBv_o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ByTheWay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With the exception of Maradona, individuals do not win World Cups for their country. It is almost always a team effort.

Ronaldo, Messi and Rooney may be talented individuals but none have really impressed at WC level (especially Messi and Rooney).

Germany, Spain and Holland always do well because they play collective team football where no one individual really stands out.
Belgium is another example of a squad full of talented players...if they can gel as a team, they could go all the way.

By the way u are right. One should not pick a winning team based on star players. A coach can play them out of position or get his tactics wrong or the whole team can't gel together.