• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wise words from Chee Soon Chuan

jw5

Loyal
Agreed. If LHL is seriously thinking of building the best team in the government, he should welcome Chee into Parliament and use the opportunity to test his team ; whether they are up to par in oratory delivery and maturity of thought and ideas; whether they are able to stand the heat of the crucible when asked with tough questions.
Can the likes of Chan Chun Seng, Teo Ser Luck , Grace Fu , Lim Swee Say be able to think cogently and articulate their debates well? Are they worth their salt?
Nothing can do this better than having a real strong opponent in Parliament to force the level of debate to a higher level .

Of all the pappies to choose from for articulation of ideas, you choose these 4. Surely you can come out with 4 middle-of-the-road types and not scrap the bottom of the barrel. :biggrin:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of all the pappies to choose from for articulation of ideas, you choose these 4. Surely you can come out with 4 middle-of-the-road types and not scrap the bottom of the barrel. :biggrin:

Not trying to elevate Dr Chee onto a pedestal, but you have to get those at the 'bottom of the barrel' first to realize how far off they are from the quality of debate that is expected from a Minister of state and/or a full minister. It is a shame that they don't realize it themselves.

jw5

Loyal
Not trying to elevate Dr Chee onto a pedestal, but you have to get those at the 'bottom of the barrel' first to realize how far off they are from the quality of debate that is expected from a Minister of state and/or a full minister. It is a shame that they don't realize it themselves.

People who suffer from delusions of grandeur do not have any self awareness and cannot understand their own hypocrisy. They will never "realize it themselves". :wink:

jw5

Loyal
It is not martydom although does sound like a saint to forgive enemies but I guess that is the wise way to do. If not, he return greetings and insults people will say he stooped to the low. Either way people will have things to say and what they say will depend on whether they support him or not. And whether they support him or not does not depend on what he says but who they are.

Always forgive, but never forget. :wink:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Better to be a wise guy than a nice one ............

Sinkies will do well to read Machiavelli's Discourses. If they had, then LKY would have been royally punished for accepting extra eggs with his char kway teow. Those who don't understand this deserve to live under a tyranny, karma is working just fine, by punishing those who made it possible for the tyrant to become one.

CHAPTER XXIV

WELL ORGANIZED REPUBLICS ESTABLISH REWARDS AND PENALTIES FOR THEIR CITIZENS, BUT NEVER COMPENSATE ONE (AT THE EXPENSE) OF THE OTHER

The merits of Horatius had been very great, having by his virtu conquered the Curatii. None the less such a homicide displeased the Romans so much, that he was brought to trial for his life, notwithstanding that his merits were so great and so recent. Which thing, to whoever should consider it only superficially, would seem to be an example of the ingratitude of the people.

None the less, whoever should examine it closer, and with better consideration will look for what the orders of the Republic ought to be, will blame that people rather for having absolved him than for having wanted to condemn him: and the reason is this, that no well-ordered Republic ever cancels the misbehavior of its citizens by their merits; and having rewarded one for having acted well, if that same one afterwards acts badly, it castigates him without having regard to any of his good actions.

And if these orders are well observed, a City will exist free for a long time; if otherwise, it will quickly be ruined. For if to a citizen who has done some eminent work for the City, there is added to his reputation of that which he acquired, and audacity and confidence of being able to do some wrong without fear of punishment, he will in a short time become so insolent as to put an end to all civil law.

http://constitution.org/mac/disclivy.pdf

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. - Machiavelli

The vulgar crowd is always taken in by appearances, and the world consists chiefly of the vulgar. - Machiavelli

Differentiate between the morality that is appropriate in intimate private relationships and that which is necessary in business and politics. - Asterix

[video=youtube;9SSV6mwPfTI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSV6mwPfTI[/video]

[video=youtube;SuFScoO4tb0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuFScoO4tb0[/video]

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
My all time favourite is :

"I have said many times before that our struggle is not against the PAP, it is against what the PAP has done to our minds. We must arise from our mental wheelchair. Only then can we start walking proudly and confidently into the future." - Chee Soon Juan

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. - Machiavelli

The vulgar crowd is always taken in by appearances, and the world consists chiefly of the vulgar. - Machiavelli

Differentiate between the morality that is appropriate in intimate private relationships and that which is necessary in business and politics. - Asterix

[video=youtube;9SSV6mwPfTI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSV6mwPfTI[/video]

[video=youtube;SuFScoO4tb0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuFScoO4tb0[/video]

Your last quote shows that you are one of the vulgar crowd deceived by appearance.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

"I have said many times before that our struggle is not against the PAP, it is against what the PAP has done to our minds. We must arise from our mental wheelchair. Only then can we start walking proudly and confidently into the future." - Chee Soon Juan

What an innocent nice quote for you mudlander shit to up the thread.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your last quote shows that you are one of the vulgar crowd deceived by appearance.

No lah, it merely shows that I see the world for what it is, warts and all, and most importantly I do not want to be a saint no matter how glorious people think it is to be one .......

[video=youtube;KX-JeV37Uqw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX-JeV37Uqw[/video]

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
No lah, it merely shows that I see the world for what it is, warts and all, and most importantly I do not want to be a saint no matter how glorious people think it is to be one .......

[video=youtube;KX-JeV37Uqw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX-JeV37Uqw[/video]

No one is a saint but doesn't mean that person is a fraud too.

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal

But why am I so antiPAP?

What has gone wrong in the social engineering process?

Can anyone analyze?

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No one is a saint but doesn't mean that person is a fraud too.

I never said or even vaguely implied that Chee was not sincere. However, he is not realistic, which can actually work to his advantage in some societies and cultures if played right and luck is on his side, but Sinkieland and Sinkies just ain't that kind of .......... In fact, they actually think that someone like Chee will ruin their "paradise" .......... it's Karl Popper's theory of reflexivity in action .......... however, all of this airy fairy nonsense doesn't change the fact that a human being has only one life so why waste it on the undeserving .......... better to make lots of money and then to assuage your guilt finance the young ones to do the dirty work of revolution .......... kill two birds with one stone .........

[video=youtube;lOfZLb33uCg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOfZLb33uCg[/video]

[video=youtube;6SyT70VJ7cM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SyT70VJ7cM[/video]

jw5

Loyal
I never said or even vaguely implied that Chee was not sincere. However, he is not realistic, which can actually work to his advantage in some societies and cultures if played right and luck is on his side, but Sinkieland and Sinkies just ain't that kind of .......... In fact, they actually think that someone like Chee will ruin their "paradise" .......... it's Karl Popper's theory of reflexivity in action .......... however, all of this airy fairy nonsense doesn't change the fact that a human being has only one life so why waste it on the undeserving .......... better to make lots of money and then to assuage your guilt finance the young ones to do the dirty work of revolution .......... kill two birds with one stone .........

Wise words................. but consider also that he is not as pragmatic and materialistic as the average sinkie, and most importantly, he has the courage. :wink: