• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wine Bottles

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Finally, managed to recall and dig out this thread. Just now when returning home, passed by my neighborhood 7-11 and saw two Banglas and the Malay auntie cashier looking bewildered by two bottles of red wine. Apparently, the two Banglas struck 4D starters and instead of their usual beer, they bought two bottles of red wine to celebrate. After buying, they asked the cashier to open it for them. The Malay auntie was clueless as to how to do it (Muslim auntie doesn't drink alcohol dah dey). She only knows how to collect payment and ring up the cash register. Being in a good mood, I decided to help them.

Looked around the store for a corkscrew. Too bad, none in stock. Want to be kind, want to help, let's go all the way. I told them to wait at the parkbench and went upstairs to fetch my corkscrew. When I passed them my corkscrew, they looked clueless too, we don't know how to use it to open dah dey. I was like dah dey, thinking you don't know how to open bottle of wine and you bought bottle of wine for fuck dah dey. Nevermind like I said, want to be kind and help, let's go all the way. I opened the bottle for them. They were very happy. They already stood by some styrofoam cups and poured a cup for me. Cheers!

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Finally, managed to recall and dig out this thread. Just now when returning home, passed by my neighborhood 7-11 and saw two Banglas and the Malay auntie cashier looking bewildered by two bottles of red wine. Apparently, the two Banglas struck 4D starters and instead of their usual beer, they bought two bottles of red wine to celebrate. After buying, they asked the cashier to open it for them. The Malay auntie was clueless as to how to do it (Muslim auntie doesn't drink alcohol dah dey). She only knows how to collect payment and ring up the cash register. Being in a good mood, I decided to help them.

Looked around the store for a corkscrew. Too bad, none in stock. Want to be kind, want to help, let's go all the way. I told them to wait at the parkbench and went upstairs to fetch my corkscrew. When I passed them my corkscrew, they looked clueless too, we don't know how to use it to open dah dey. I was like dah dey, thinking you don't know how to open bottle of wine and you bought bottle of wine for fuck dah dey. Nevermind like I said, want to be kind and help, let's go all the way. I opened the bottle for them. They were very happy. They already stood by some styrofoam cups and poured a cup for me. Cheers!

Pii Ram

1. Banglas also Muslims right? They dare to buy and drink openly ah?

2. You said help them 3 times and all the way 2 times - Pii Ram if you really want to help you should have invited them into your place just upstairs open their cork provide them with wine crystals and a cozy place for them and even you to enjoy a nice wine.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really decent of you. Most people won't bother. Good on your bro.

F

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did your friend use a waiter's friend like this?

metal-waiters-friend1.jpg

If he is using anything else or still messes it up it means he doesn't have the skills or knowledge to open a wine bottle.

Donch know much about California or French wine. Never bought wine before.

Reason I asked is cause last evening I visited a friend's house. He opened a bottle of wine for dinner. Could see him struggling with the corkscrew. In the end the cork came out. But as I drink it could feel cork flake in my tougue. Had to go toilet to spit it out LOL

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Really decent of you. Most people won't bother. Good on your bro.

Actually, for that toast of cheers, I really went all the way. I told them to keep the corkscrew and practise themselves when they strike 4D again. :smile:

Not expensive stuff, just costing a few dollars at NTUC or Cold Storage etc. And yes, that's the stuff I'm using. The lever can also function as bottle cap opener.

attachment.php

Last edited: