• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will TCB, Ben Pwee & Jimmy Lee start a new political party?

PhuaTeKor

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the PE result, a new & more friendly 'opposition' is definitely good for the ruling party in GE2016. Maybe they can call themselves the Tree party. With 35% voters support, will they give the rest of the opposition parties a run for their votes? :confused:

palm-tree-icon.jpg

Tan Cheng Bock says he'll be back, won't 'just fade away'

Published on Aug 29, 2011

Twelve hours after being defeated narrowly by Dr Tony Tan in the race to be president, Dr Tan Cheng Bock declared with steely determination and a clenched fist that he would be back.
'This is my last interview for this election. But I will return,' he told a crowd of journalists in the living room of his Holland Grove Drive home on Sunday afternoon.
'Anyway,' he added with a smile, 'I gave Tony a big fright.' Without ruling out contesting in the next presidential election, Dr Tan, 71, said he plans to continue commenting on current affairs and will organise events to bridge political divides here.

Last edited:

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ideally, they will join WP as their ideals are quite similar with LTK's
More likely I think TCB will continue to keep blogging and quietly raise his profile for the next PE.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TCB should stay out of politics until the next PE. Getting involve in Politics will ruin his shot at Presidency. Now that he has establish himself as a firm runner for Presidency, I doubt any joker will jump in and fight with him again.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think TCB should join SPP and help them to contest West Coast GRC etc, TCB will be back in Parliament again to help people, he should not just sit on the sidelines, i mean if he dont get elected, how can he help push his agenda to help others? Remember the Oppo is weak in the West, TCB should help the SPP in that area,

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Realistically, TCB will not be able to achieve much if he runs for MP under opposition banner. Sure, the West Coast still love him, but that is Reform Party and SDP territory and he is not going to join either. I don't see SPP taking him and working the ground. Whereas he is almost certain of winning PE2017 assuming nothing much changes on the ground and people smarten up, participating in GE2016 will jeopardize that position.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. He already spent 26 years in parliament. Another shot at 77 is still viable and might be the tonic that this country needs.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I disagree. There will be comfort levels based on the person's persona and history. TCB as opposition will not make it. He should wait for the next PE.

I expect to see a new party of TJS and some NSP girls, SDP guys more than TCB with a new party of BP and JL.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I find that at 2017, TCB will be too told to run for the Presidency. But for the time being, he should help the Opposition garner more votes. Hope he will help SPP with Toa Payoh-Bishan. that is where SPP is aiming for,,,and its under WKS, I hope RP really get its act together, if KJ continues like this, he will give west coast away to the PAP

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
S R Nathan stood from the age of 75 and stood down at 87. I think it's perfectly plausible for TCB to run at 77, but probably for only 1 term. Health permitting of course, but then again he's a medical doctor!

metalrover

Alfrescian
Loyal
If TCB joins SPP, can expect to see SPP going for West Coast, besides Bishan-Toa Payoh. May even see RP merge with SPP, to contest West Coast.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Would not be suitable for TCB to come back via GE.PE or other means would be more better for him and us.Am sure TCB will make a wise move for the benefit of Singaporeans.