• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will even 80% of the seats be contested?

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
Democracy is only for educated people

You sure you have an university education?

If not, you shouldn't be voting

I have one honours degree and one diploma :biggrin:

How about you :confused: I think you should have a GCE N Level with 5 credits and a distinction in Chinese Language and that all nothing more :biggrin:

Last edited:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I daresay this will be a watershed election. Not sufficient to take over government, not even sufficient to deny them 2/3 majority, but all MPs and NCMPs will be from WP.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I daresay this will be a watershed election. Not sufficient to take over government, not even sufficient to deny them 2/3 majority, but all MPs and NCMPs will be from WP.

I suspect some NCMPs will come from RP and NSP (minus GMS). Am hoping KJ, Tony and Hazel enter parliament. Never mind if front or back door. If front door closed, back entry will provide them the platform to perform.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suspect some NCMPs will come from RP and NSP (minus GMS). Am hoping KJ, Tony and Hazel enter parliament. Never mind if front or back door. If front door closed, back entry will provide them the platform to perform.

If GMS insists on sending Tony and Hazel to Moulmein-Kallang, no chance of any door, just bang their heads on the wall. KJ may face 3-corner too.

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read The Straits Times Page A4 today. Its reported that 4 opposition parties is interested in contesting Radin Mas SMC.

That means 5 corner fights ..wow :biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If GMS insists on sending Tony and Hazel to Moulmein-Kallang, no chance of any door, just bang their heads on the wall. KJ may face 3-corner too.

If M-K die die 3-cornered, best to bring Tony and Hazel to Tampines. GMS has all to gain, nothing to lose from such a move. Maybe lose face that's all.

If only KJ teams up with CST fighting the Bishan GRC. No 3-cornerd, sure to have a good fight.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I read The Straits Times Page A4 today. Its reported that 4 opposition parties is interested in contesting Radin Mas SMC.

That means 5 corner fights ..wow :biggrin:

Wherever KJ goes, sure to have outside interference. LKY wouldn't want to see KJ in parliament coz that would bring back bad memories of the days JBJ 'fought' him. I am more in favour of KJ joining CST. At least, Bishan is declared CST's territory - no 3-cornered fight.

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wherever KJ goes, sure to have outside interference. LKY wouldn't want to see KJ in parliament coz that would bring back bad memories of the days JBJ 'fought' him. I am more in favour of KJ joining CST. At least, Bishan is declared CST's territory - no 3-cornered fight.

I support that too :biggrin:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

If M-K die die 3-cornered, best to bring Tony and Hazel to Tampines. GMS has all to gain, nothing to lose from such a move. Maybe lose face that's all.

If only KJ teams up with CST fighting the Bishan GRC. No 3-cornerd, sure to have a good fight.

We'd never know what that madcow would do. Only Tan Chee Kien and Sebastian Teo could stop him but I don't trust them. Shady characters with other agenda beside winning election and providing opposition, to say the least. I never trust NSP since 1992 Marine Parade BE. Look out, they're 3- and multi-cornered experts.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I quite agree with this.

The anger by some people at govt policies have led them to think that somehow everyone believes the same way that they do. I've been trying to temper the unrealistically lofty expectations that some have of the opposition.

The total contested seats may be at the lower end of your estimate, i.e., 60. And a lot of folks who have had unrealistic expectations will find that disappointing. What will compound their disappointment and disenchantment is that up to one-fifth of remaining contested seats may see multi-cornered contests.

1 of the reason why I kept saying 3 cornered fights isn't a bad thing. Let's be realistic. Anyone with half a brain would know that even if the opposition do well, it's not going to take over the government anytime soon.

Right now everyone is jousting for spots where they think they can do well. If a 3 corner fight really takes place in MK GRC and one of them did significantly better then the opposition counterpart. It is more likely that in subsequent elections, the party getting the less votes will contest in other areas forcing them to look at more sites they never considered before.

GMS already say liao unless the team from WP is good, more specifically, unless Low and SLim comes to MK, he won't pull out. I think he is overrating the jumpship couple

And SGreans have a lot of bones to pick with Hon Kan Seng. The bozo let Richard Yong, Took and Mas Selamat run road during his stay as Home ministar. No such problem before or after he left the appointment :oIo::oIo::oIo:

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Assuming 5 GRCs are not contested - Sembawang, Marine Parade, Ang Mo Kio, West Coast & Tanjong Pagar - that will mean that 26 seats will be uncontested. So it is possible (in fact very likely) that only 61 seats will be contested by oppo...

We will have to wait and see on Nomination Day. If, other than Ang Mo Kio and Sembawang, other GRCs go uncontested then, it is clear, that those opposition parties which had made earlier declarations to contest but then did not do so will have to answer. If they give reasons such as someone forgot to bring along a form, or a proposer or seconder could not get time off work to go to the Nomination Centre, then all that should be rejected. If any opposition party cannot keep to declared statements of intent on such a simple matter, why then should voters trust them with their votes?

Everyone should keep in mind that on Nomination Day, each candidate must be accompanied to the Nomination Centre by a proposer, a seconder and 4 assentors, all registered voters in the GRC. For a 5-man GRC, that amounts to 30 people accompanying the candidates. Good luck!

I have my doubts that all can make it... and I have my doubts that many Netizens even know the realities.

(I should add that I would not fault one of the parties from not contesting in M-K. That would be perfectly fine.)

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If they give reasons such as someone forgot to bring along a form, or a proposer or seconder could not get time off work to go to the Nomination Centre, then all that should be rejected. If any opposition party cannot keep to declared statements of intent on such a simple matter, why then should voters trust them with their votes?

Keep a good look out for SDP's James Gomez. His record

2001 elections: was part of the WP team that tried to contest in Aljunied GRC during the 2001 GE. They were disqualified because of incomplete nomination papers. The team forgot to write down the name of the GRC in the form

2006 elections: caused a stir during the last GE when he claimed to submit his form for the minority-race candidate application form in 2006. He was a WP candidate for Aljunied GRC.

Gomez claimed to have submitted his minority certificate form to the Elections department on April 24. He was accompanied by Worker's Party Chairman Sylvia Lim and was filmed by media cameras as he filled up the form. However, after the media and his Chairman left, he forgot to submit his forms. This was later evidenced by CCTV footage which showed that he kept the form in an envelope in his bag, and left the building without submitting the form.

On April 26, James Gomez called the elections department to enquire about the status of the form. He was indignant that the board said they had not received the form. He even reminded the ELD officer of the "consequences" of misplacing his form, pointing to the CCTV nearby.

On April 27, the Elections Department confirmed through CCTV that Gomez did not submit a "minority-race candidate application form", despite claiming on the eve of Nomination Day that he had done so.

On April 29, Gomez eventually admitted that he did not file the application, contrary to earlier claims. Gomez said he was distracted by his busy schedule.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Gomez

Seriously WTF. This guy as far as I'm concern is a total joke

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS already say liao unless the team from WP is good, more specifically, unless Low and SLim comes to MK, he won't pull out. I think he is overrating the jumpship couple

Another silly self-gratifying quote again. What does he mean "good"? Who's he to judge who's "good"? This kind of ego without sense is exactly why I'm anti-GMS.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

And SGreans have a lot of bones to pick with Hon Kan Seng. The bozo let Richard Yong, Took and Mas Selamat run road during his stay as Home ministar. No such problem before or after he left the appointment :oIo::oIo::oIo:

Wonder what's the motive of GMS in his earlier statement wrt withdrawal from MK. To lure SL and LTK plus their "A" team to MK so as to spare Georgie boy of an anticipated close battle? To get LTK to leave his HG seat to enable an easier battle for the MIW in HG?

A credible team should be able to secure at least 40% of the votes from shorty and gang. He is the least impressive of all the ministers and yet DPM. Can only happen when one is Lee-related.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today's ST (22 Mar 2011) reports that the prospects of multi-cornered contests are actually worse. It said:

"The Moulmein-Kallang GRC is one of three GRCs headed for a three-way tussle. There are also at least eight single-seat constituencies where more than one opposition party is keen to contest."

So, other than MK and possibly Bishan-Toa Payoh, which is the other GRC that will see a 3-cornered race?

The opposition clear has a death wish. They will kill themselves in multi-cornered contests while leaving several GRCs (maybe up to 5) uncontested. The frustrations of opposition supporters will boil over.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"The Moulmein-Kallang GRC is one of three GRCs headed for a three-way tussle. There are also at least eight single-seat constituencies where more than one opposition party is keen to contest."

So, other than MK and possibly Bishan-Toa Payoh, which is the other GRC that will see a 3-cornered race?

I think only M-K GRC is under 3 corner threat. If Chiam is serious about Bishan-TP, the others will back down because in the eyes of voters, he is the rightful one to stake his claim.

RP used to challenge NSP in Jurong or Choa Chu kang (can't remember which) but I think they back off already due to the implosion. In fact I dun even think RP can contest West Coast, which means WC is up for grabs by others :cool:

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
Charlatan pap dog,

Yalor. Wp rp sda sdp nsp all no good. Only your master pap is the best ok. What a loyal pap dog u r. :oIo: