• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will even 80% of the seats be contested?

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think only M-K GRC is under 3 corner threat. If Chiam is serious about Bishan-TP, the others will back down because in the eyes of voters, he is the rightful one to stake his claim.

RP used to challenge NSP in Jurong or Choa Chu kang (can't remember which) but I think they back off already due to the implosion. In fact I dun even think RP can contest West Coast, which means WC is up for grabs by others :cool:

I hope you are right. But at the same time I am keenly aware that ST does have its finger on the pulse.

If there are continued attempts by NSP to contest M-K GRC I would suggest that the WP field a team in Tampines. That is perhaps what was being alluded to in the report. And this is the only way to get some finality on this issue. The issue being, in the absence of outright wins, which party gets the bulk of NCMP seats.

Also, I reiterate that if any party fails to keep to earlier declarations of fielding teams in any GRC for a straight fight then they should answer for it. Everyone should make much of the loss of a party's credibility by failure to fulfill publicly declared intentions.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think only M-K GRC is under 3 corner threat. If Chiam is serious about Bishan-TP, the others will back down because in the eyes of voters, he is the rightful one to stake his claim.

I heard winds a-blowing. WP stopped all negotiations. Maj. Tony Tan told Cpt. GMS to go fuck spider himself if he wants to contest M-K, contest it himself.

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Judging by the way the oppositions are fighting for which areas to contest, I think this election we will see another disappointment again. :(

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Judging by the way the oppositions are fighting for which areas to contest, I think this election we will see another disappointment again. :(

One should not have too high expectations of the opposition, so as to avoid disappointment. But at the same time I do not think all is lost. It is likely that some candidates of weaker parties will back down from contesting come Nomination Day.

I am confident that WP and NSP can keep to their commitments to contest in wards they declared an interest. However, it would be nice if RP and the DPP would come out again to publicly reaffirm whether they are indeed contesting in the GRCs in which they said they would field teams.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
This was reported in Today, 24 Mar 2011, on a statement made at yesterday's NUS forum:

'Some of the potential candidates in his party pulled out from contesting at the elections “because they said they couldn’t sleep at night, because they fear what would happen to them if they came forward”, Mr Jeyaretnam said.'

This statement is very curious. Why is it that other opposition parties have not reported election candidates pulling out?

So, my question, right as the start of this thread still applies, and even more so: Is the RP still going to contest the 2 GRCs it staked a claim to, i.e., West Coast and Chua Chu Kang? A clear answer is needed from RP, even more urgently, given the statement made at yesterday's forum.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
after 20 "candidates potential" walk out on him,,,,,

just excuse la,,,,

just concentrate on Radin Mas and Pioneer SMCs la,,,,,,,

No more "manpower",,,,,,,,,, sigh