• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will even 80% of the seats be contested?

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was reported in today's ST that RP will swop candidates between Radin Mas and Pioneer SMCs. So far, after the implosion within the party, it seems that RP has only publicly identified 2 election candidates, i.e., for these 2 SMCs. It had previously said that it would contest in West Coast and Chua Chu Kang GRCs, and I would be interested to know whether it will still contest in those GRCs. If yes, then who are the its likely candidates?

Also, is the DPP still serious about putting up candidates to take on Marine Parade and Tanjong Pagar GRCs.

Finally, it is still the case that no party has expressed any interest in Ang Mo Kio and Sembawang GRCs.

With the above, I would not be surprised if less than 80% of the seats are contested, even if there are up to 10 multi-cornered fights in the contested wards.

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was reported in today's ST that RP will swop candidates between Radin Mas and Pioneer SMCs. So far, after the implosion within the party, it seems that RP has only publicly identified 2 election candidates, i.e., for these 2 SMCs. It had previously said that it would contest in West Coast and Chua Chu Kang GRCs, and I would be interested to know whether it will still contest in those GRCs. If yes, then who are the its likely candidates?

Also, is the DPP still serious about putting up candidates to take on Marine Parade and Tanjong Pagar GRCs.

Finally, it is still the case that no party has expressed any interest in Ang Mo Kio and Sembawang GRCs.

With the above, I would not be surprised if less than 80% of the seats are contested, even if there are up to 10 multi-cornered fights in the contested wards.

So you are trying to say RP will only send 2 candidates to contest in this GE :confused:

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
As the GE is just around the corner I am asking questions to seek clarity. If at this late stage people are still left to wonder and guess then it seems to me that this is not a sign of clarity. Consequently, I am saying that I would not be surprised if earlier reports that virtually all seats will be contested proves confounded.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Expect opposition only to fill between 60~75 seat.
Dont put too high hope all seat will be contested.:confused:

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal

Does it even matter?

The angry sheeps who are brave enough to vote against PAP are out of the country already...

What you have left in SG are angry but humji sheeps like taxi drivers etc.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
My guess is:

WP - 4 GRCs, 4 SMCs
NSP - 2 GRCs, 2 SMCs
SPP - 1 GRC, 2 SMCs
SDA - 1 GRC, 2 SMCs
RP - 1 GRC, 2 SMCs

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
realistically all 12 SMCs will be contested....

GRC

Almost guaranteed areas

Aljunied WP x 5
Moulmein WP/NSP x 4
Tampines NSP x 5
East Coast WP x 5
Holland SDP x 5
Pair-Ris WP? x 6
Nee Soon WP? x 5

so total sure contested areas,,,,,,,, for 47 spots

Not sure areas (if they still have enough candidates?)
West Coast RP
Jurong RP
Chua Chu Kang SDP
Toa Payoh SPP? CST and Alex Tan?

SUicide teams
Marine Parade DPP?
Tanjong Pagar DPP?

No Takers yet
Sembawang
AMK

be realistic,,,,,,,,,,,, most singaporeans are not ready for oppositions yet,,,,,,,,,,,

many kpkb about PAP, at the end vote PAP,,,,,,,,,,,, look at eunos/aljunied,,,,,,,, so near and yet so far,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, jalan besar,,, every time contest, no win,,,,,

cyber oppositions is not enough to reverse the tide yet,,,,,,,,,,

wait till PAP win back all 87 seats, and LKY and the bastards salary hit $10 million,,,,,,

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal

I quite agree with this.

The anger by some people at govt policies have led them to think that somehow everyone believes the same way that they do. I've been trying to temper the unrealistically lofty expectations that some have of the opposition.

The total contested seats may be at the lower end of your estimate, i.e., 60. And a lot of folks who have had unrealistic expectations will find that disappointing. What will compound their disappointment and disenchantment is that up to one-fifth of remaining contested seats may see multi-cornered contests.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Realistically, I think the following can be won by the Opposition.

Aljunied WP
Hougang WP
Joo Chiat WP
Tampines NSP

Potong Pasir PAP win back

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal

Aljunied WP
Hougang WP
Joo Chiat WP
Tampines NSP

This GE may see the end of Chiams political careers and the rise of WP as main opposition party in Sinkie Parliament :cool:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

Aljunied WP
Hougang WP
Joo Chiat WP
Tampines NSP

Don't make my pubic hair laugh you dirty old silly man. NSP to win Tampines? I bet against you one night in KTV with a bottle of Chivas Regal.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your mentality is the same as the Thai elites

That is even more true for Thailand
When you want votes, just bribe by giving a few stacks of rice.

For Singapore, however, I challenge you to ask your parents and relatives what Democracy means. You will be surprised at what they say.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The total contested seats may be at the lower end of your estimate, i.e., 60. And a lot of folks who have had unrealistic expectations will find that disappointing. What will compound their disappointment and disenchantment is that up to one-fifth of remaining contested seats may see multi-cornered contests.

Assuming 5 GRCs are not contested - Sembawang, Marine Parade, Ang Mo Kio, West Coast & Tanjong Pagar - that will mean that 26 seats will be uncontested. So it is possible (in fact very likely) that only 61 seats will be contested by oppo, with as many as 5 SMCs and 1 GRC (M-K) under 3 cornered fight.

Outcome: not likely different from 2006. WP gets most of NCMP seats.