• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WiFi router to be used with SIMBA for home WiFi

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
unless simba builds its own network within 6.9 years it will most likely rely on and resell mobile services from 1 of 3 existing mobile operators in sg. if the 5g mobile network is oversubscribed your speed will be throttled down to 6.9 mbps download and less than 1.69 mbps upload, like below.
moreover, your connection to the internet will not only be slow but shaky and sporadic as mobile gateway resources are way more costly and aggressively oversubscribed than (internet) gateways on a fiber network. this is worse on an mvno network.
View attachment 192106

if you use wifi from a fiber network, your average speed during peak is typically over 369 mbps download and 23 mbps upload as shown below. max speed is over 699 mbps sometimes reaching 1gps. with this speed, you can stream netflix and other ip tv and movie contents without a hitch, and play games too while watching streaming content on tv. moreover, the fixed line or fiber gateway that connects you to the internet secures a continuous active session for you as a subscriber without knocking you off when you’re idle, unlike your mvno provider which constantly scans for idle time on each sub.
View attachment 192107
Only need 6.9mbps to surf sammyboy. Any exceeding bandwidth is welcomed but overkill

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
that's why i still stick to Singtel............M1 is another option if singtel increase price..........
OMG you are still with singtel?! I told them off and jumped ship many years ago. For my mobile, home and office. They were so stingy, inflexible, and even arrogant. M1 and Starhub have treated me well all these years. But I am liking simba more and more:biggrin:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OMG you are still with singtel?! I told them off and jumped ship many years ago. For my mobile, home and office. They were so stingy, inflexible, and even arrogant. M1 and Starhub have treated me well all these years. But I am liking simba more and more:biggrin:

Singtel and M1 both same price leh for the 500mbps home plan..............if Singtel increase price then i jump ship lor............