• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WiFi router to be used with SIMBA for home WiFi

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I am not using simba but a friend of mine signed up for their wifi promo. He uses D-link. I believe any brand router will do. Need to do your own setup, which is easy to do.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Router

Think of a Wi-Fi router like a post office in your home. Just like a post office sorts and sends mail to the right addresses,

a Wi-Fi router receives data from the internet and sends it to the right devices in your home,

like your phone, laptop, or tablet. It helps your devices communicate with the internet,

similar to how the post office helps deliver mail to the right houses.

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
i don't have home wifi. i don't find in necessary. i am on simba 100gb 5g mobile plan for $5 a month. I can't even finish using the data allocation every month despite hotspoting to my other devices at home.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i don't have home wifi. i don't find in necessary. i am on simba 100gb 5g mobile plan for $5 a month. I can't even finish using the data allocation every month despite hotspoting to my other devices at home.
unless simba builds its own network within 6.9 years it will most likely rely on and resell mobile services from 1 of 3 existing mobile operators in sg. if the 5g mobile network is oversubscribed your speed will be throttled down to 6.9 mbps download and less than 1.69 mbps upload, like below.
moreover, your connection to the internet will not only be slow but shaky and sporadic as mobile gateway resources are way more costly and aggressively oversubscribed than (internet) gateways on a fiber network. this is worse on an mvno network.
IMG_1348.png

if you use wifi from a fiber network, your average speed during peak is typically over 369 mbps download and 23 mbps upload as shown below. max speed is over 699 mbps sometimes reaching 1gps. with this speed, you can stream netflix and other ip tv and movie contents without a hitch, and play games too while watching streaming content on tv. moreover, the fixed line or fiber gateway that connects you to the internet secures a continuous active session for you as a subscriber without knocking you off when you’re idle, unlike your mvno provider which constantly scans for idle time on each sub.
IMG_1349.png

Last edited:

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
simba relies on and resells mobile services from 1 of 3 existing mobile operators in sg. if the 5g mobile network is oversubscribed your speed will be throttled down to 6.9 mbps download and less than 1.69 mbps upload, like below.
moreover, your connection to the internet will not only be slow but shaky and sporadic as mobile gateway resources are way more costly and aggressively oversubscribed than (internet) gateways on a fiber network. this is worse on an mvno network.

View attachment 192106

if you use wifi from a fiber network, your average speed during peak is typically over 369 mbps download and 23 mbps upload as shown below. max speed is over 699 mbps sometimes reaching 1gps. with this speed, you can stream netflix and other ip tv and movie contents without a hitch, and play games too while watching streaming content on tv. moreover, the fixed line or fiber gateway that connects you to the internet secures a continuous active session for you as a subscriber without knocking you off when you’re idle, unlike your mvno provider which constantly scans for idle time on each sub.
View attachment 192107
i use the internet to read and do very simple tasks like banking, reading, simple gaming, simple online shopping. why do i need all these excessive speed for? i pay for what i need and i refuse to pay for unnecessary things i don't need or require.

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
and so far, a cheap and economical simba plan does it's job for me. i pay only $5 per month for all my online needs.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i use the internet to read and do very simple tasks like banking, reading, simple gaming, simple online shopping. why do i need all these excessive speed for? i pay for what i need and i refuse to pay for unnecessary things i don't need or require.
no sexy streaming movie time with room mate? no wonder she slams the door on you.

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
no sexy streaming movie time with room mate? no wonder she slams the door on you.
in fact sometimes we fight over whose hotspot to use to watch an online drama together in the living hall tv. hahahahaha...she like me is also on $5 for 100gb 5g simba plan.
but having said all these, simba coverage on the island isn't as comprehensive in all locations in singapore. like in private housing estate in serangoon gardens, it is bad. but in orchard and city areas, it is good. i don't know why. but it's best to check the area you live have good simba coverage before subscribing to them because they do have a penalty charge like $40 to $50 if u decide to switch network after subscribing to them.

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
mai sianz leh. 100 GB 5G mobile plan is $10.

$5 only for senior and it's just 20 GB.

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not using simba but a friend of mine signed up for their wifi promo. He uses D-link. I believe any brand router will do. Need to do your own setup, which is easy to do.
WiFi promo ? Hello, they have not announced yet leh. Now can only register interest.

Screenshot_1.jpg

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is anyone using SIMBA with a WiFi router to create a home WiFi network ?

Which router in Singapore do you recommend ?

i thought must use their ONT or ONR ?..............it's a miserable one from China brand..........no free homeline..........only one LAN output.............

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

can use other brands meh ?............i thought must use the miserable one sold by Simba ?

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
A wireless router is a device that combines the functions of a router and a wireless access point. It directs traffic between devices on a local network and connects that network to the internet wirelessly.

A repeater, when used with a router, extends the range of the router's wireless signal. It receives the existing signal, amplifies it, and retransmits it, helping to cover areas with poor signal or dead zones within the wireless network.

Tiagong , using a " Repeater" on
a Router helps :biggrin:

IMG_20231210_133346.jpg