• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Why this always happen during my brisk walking exercise ?

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed.
In summary I is the qing gong that matters .
They are like floaters just that our eyes cannot see it :biggrin:
果然有慧根。Now you also need to look beyond external factors and cultivate peace and harmony internally. Okay, 有缘人, I impart to you this 内功心法 that can 打通 your 任督二脉:

Screenshot_3.jpg
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
To further extrapolate from the kind Mr. nightSafari's hypothesis on 'stride', perhaps most of us Singaporeans whom have gone thru the grueling NS BMT course, can draw lessons from a training aspect - Force March & the concept of 'opening UP one's pace', to find an answer to your predicament.

To 'open one's pace', the DETAILED method is to bend one's body slightly forward, to move the Centre of Gravity to the front, & with BENDED knees at the ready, Rather than to rely on the entire FLAT foot square area, only the planter fascia ligament (muscles) & the metatarsal bones, or simply put - the BALL of the foot is used to PROPEL the body forward in conjunction with the displaced Human body's center of gravity.

Thus with such combinations of gravity & Human tissue, as well as the OTHER foot doing the same STRECHTING as far as possible thru the effort of the other foot, faster propulsion forward movement is achieved & thus 'STRIDE' is achieved.

It is a good observation from you that you found particularly office ladies have better strides. The reason is caused by the above, & the FOOTWEAR they use - heels, whereby the body is balanced NOT by the heels, but by the Ball of each foot, thus they move faster, at least for a short distance.

Ultimately, there is NO prize in personal attempts to outpace another, but a BIGGER prize awaits - personal health. Thus, set your own pace, work out & sweat. It's your own health. All the best.

Anatomy-of-the-Foot.jpg

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a good executive summary .
Is discouraging to try to be faster and yet lagging behind even the steps i put in is more.
yes it is. push through the first few times. It is always the hardest at the beginning. Once a few weeks in surely you'll be much happier.

Plus one more thing. Comparing is guaranteed to make you unhappy. There will always be someone else faster or more efficient. Just enjoy the walk and the benefits it gives you and daydream about something pleasant lah... You'll be much happier and more likely to keep on walking. :thumbsup:

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is a good observation from you that you found particularly office ladies have better strides. The reason is caused by the above, & the FOOTWEAR they use - heels, whereby the body is balanced NOT by the heels, but by the Ball of each foot, thus they move faster, at least for a short distance.
not sure if office ladies are a good example to emulate, they have posture and joint problems from the heels. They may just be more motivated. Actually the best is to use a proper stride. I'm not a biomechanics expert, but basically use the whole foot.
Ultimately, there is NO prize in personal attempts to outpace another, but a BIGGER prize awaits - personal health. Thus, set your own pace, work out & sweat. It's your own health. All the best.

Anatomy-of-the-Foot.jpg
agreed. Health and mental well-being from enjoying the walk is most important. :thumbsup:

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes it is. push through the first few times. It is always the hardest at the beginning. Once a few weeks in surely you'll be much happier.

Plus one more thing. Comparing is guaranteed to make you unhappy. There will always be someone else faster or more efficient. Just enjoy the walk and the benefits it gives you and daydream about something pleasant lah... You'll be much happier and more likely to keep on walking. :thumbsup:
The thing is I lost to line dance aunties and young big fat ass. This is the thing I feel low morale.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Army days, we used to march in unison, taking an identical number of steps (left, right, left, right), but I was always the one who fell behind. I came to understand that it is not the quantity of steps, but rather that others are taking wider steps than you.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Army days, we used to march in unison, taking an identical number of steps (left, right, left, right), but I was always the one who fell behind. I came to understand that it is not the quantity of steps, but rather that others are taking wider steps than you.
Route march can fall behind ? Is it you always at the last row or else how to fall behind ?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Route march can fall behind ? Is it you always at the last row or else how to fall behind ?
Parade marching, not a route march. I'm not used to taking larger steps because doing so will overstretch my leg ligaments, which could lead to leg cramps and make me look odd walking. Interestingly, when it comes to running 2.4km, I am faster than most people. I think, it is the stamina, not the steps that counts.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Parade marching, not a route march. I'm not used to taking larger steps because doing so will overstretch my leg ligaments, which could lead to leg cramps and make me look odd walking. Interestingly, when it comes to running 2.4km, I am faster than most people. I think, it is the stamina, not the steps that counts.
That's even more weird.
Are you referring to normal parade marching or the punishment quick march ?
For normal parade marching how is it possible to fall behind ? It will mean others behind you will bang against you, unless you are at the last row. But last row will become 1st row whenever we do a blarkan pusing.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's even more weird.
Are you referring to normal parade marching or the punishment quick march ?
For normal parade marching how is it possible to fall behind ? It will mean others behind you will bang against you, unless you are at the last row. But last row will become 1st row whenever we do a blarkan pusing.
Punishment quick march make it even worse for me. I will have to run to catch up with those ahead of me. My commander didn't say anything but simply asked me to hurry up with the rest.

As for normal parade marching, I kept adjusting my steps to be in line with someone beside me. In case you cannot imagine the scenario, try putting shoes on your dog and see if it can walk any faster than it used to....lol!!! May be the stiff Boot and my tender feet are not the best of friend when working together.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Punishment quick march make it even worse for me. I will have to run to catch up with those ahead of me. My commander didn't say anything but simply asked me to hurry up with the rest.

As for normal parade marching, I kept adjusting my steps to be in line with someone beside me. In case you cannot imagine the scenario, try putting shoes on your dog and see if it can walk any faster than it used to....lol!!! May be the stiff Boot and my tender feet are not the best of friend when working together.
Upon hearing this, I think you might have a synchronisation problem than anything else to do with stamina etc

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Providing an update after yesterday's evening brisk walk.
Confirmed is the stretches per steps.
I attempted to kick out my torso at each steps and managed to win line dance aunties and young big fat ass now.