• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Why this always happen during my brisk walking exercise ?

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Other uncles/aunties doing brisk walking too and they look very season walker whereas I'm a newbie walker.
But the thing is I tried my best to keep in pace with them, actually I tried to be faster in pace by counting the number of steps by each secs. My steps are more than the season walkers but endup I cannot catch up with them even I maintain at the same pace.
Of course by logic it should be because their leg are longer. But when I stand next to them i found that I'm not shorter than them either, especially the aunties :thumbsdown:
Why ?
What other factors can make this happen ?

The ground is in a stadium of standard 400m round.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
How I count the steps is by visualising their leg movement I.e left right left right , and I self check my left right left right to make sure is faster.
I check the length of their legs too.
So I cannot figure out why they can always be in front of me. Somemore the gap can be quite big. After a few rounds I'm slower than them by upto 1 to 2 rounds of 400m. :thumbsdown:

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does a season brisk walker have special floating power of momentum?
Means even though their leg movements is slightly slower than mine, they have a experience form of momentum force ?

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Other uncles/aunties doing brisk walking too and they look very season walker whereas I'm a newbie walker.
But the thing is I tried my best to keep in pace with them, actually I tried to be faster in pace by counting the number of steps by each secs. My steps are more than the season walkers but endup I cannot catch up with them even I maintain at the same pace.
Of course by logic it should be because their leg are longer. But when I stand next to them i found that I'm not shorter than them either, especially the aunties :thumbsdown:
Why ?
What other factors can make this happen ?

The ground is in a stadium of standard 400m round.
Remove your balls. They're a hindrance.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Similarly I have observed that some people can walk very fast without attempting to speed up on purpose. They look relax yet they are always far ahead of me even they didn't run..some are even working office ladies. Really strange phenomenon.

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing strange.

It is only by regular exercise & warm ups will one be different from the newbie. Warming up before any exercise will loosen the limbs & muscles, with blood flow improved. Once the exercise starts, the heart will beat slightly above normal rate, pumping necessary blood & nutrients to the rest of the organs to function well, & as the heart needs oxygen thru breathing, it will be regulated once one gets into the stride, & seemingly have no issues, because of REGULARITY.

The newbie will find it strange & make comparisons as you did, but the realities lay in REGULARITY &/or loosen muscles after warm ups.

For warm up exercises - just mere 10 push ups & 10 sit ups will help to increase the blood flow circulation, followed by simple stretching exercises will help the loosen the muscles, as well as REGULATE breathing to supply oxygen to the heart, should one wish to conduct a simple brisk walk whereby one SWEATS to use the body system to rid toxins.

For other forms of exercise such as marathons, more warm up & stretching exercises will be needed, but MUST be conducted in scaled phases over time so as not to push the body & its systems too hard that it is not prepared for.

Last edited:

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
Other uncles/aunties
that is the reason.
If puiyi was there, you will be superman

3884aeaa-be2c-4753-84a8-f68a72633d6e_8a66ae79.jpg

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your walking is not 'brisk' unless you do this.

See if you go from Chinatown to Marine (Parkway) Parade within three hours. You are allowed up to 30 minutes of extra grace period due to waiting for traffic to stop to cross the road, detours in the downtown area by walking in the basements of certain malls and MRT stations, or even bad weather. :biggrin:

It'll also be fun to figure out how you'll get to your destination. There are many routes for you to choose, shorter routes are not necessarily better ones e.g. uphill slopes, less time in shelter and/or aircon environment. :wink:

Good luck! :cool:

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
long torso short legs.
This is 1 possible reason.
However, I see some young short fat ass also brisk walk faster than me .

I analyse more deeply and now think the greatest possible reason is that their stretches per step is wider regardless of their leg length. Which resulted in even my frequencies of steps is higher yet the end result is slower.
Maybe because My ankle has fractured before with permanent metal implant, hence even I put in effort to increase the number of steps compared to them ,I still couldn't catch up with them.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I analyse more deeply and now think the greatest possible reason is that their stretches per step is wider regardless of their leg length. Which resulted in even my frequencies of steps is higher yet the end result is slower.
Maybe because My ankle has fractured before with permanent metal implant, hence even I put in effort to increase the number of steps I still couldn't catch up with them.

Here is a helpful tip: forget about the steps, forget about how you walk. Instead, think of your destination. Visualize something desirable. Good food, pretty women, nice sights, a shop, a monument etc.

You will automatically walk faster. You will forget about fatigue and aches.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal

Maybe because My ankle has fractured before with permanent metal implant, hence even I put in effort to increase the number of steps I still couldn't catch up with them.
there are 2 basic inputs for speed for bipeds.

1 is step cadence. How often your feet touch the ground.

2 is stride length. The more seasoned you, the more efficient your stride becomes. Keep it up for a few months then see how. Your muscles and ligaments will stretch out and develop the appropriate strength and flexibility.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing strange.

It is only by regular exercise & warm ups will one be different from the newbie. Warming up before any exercise will loosen the limbs & muscles, with blood flow improved. Once the exercise starts, the heart will beat slightly above normal rate, pumping necessary blood & nutrients to the rest of the organs to function well, & as the heart needs oxygen thru breathing, it will be regulated once one gets into the stride, & seemingly have no issues, because of REGULARITY.

The newbie will find it strange & make comparisons as you did, but the realities lay in REGULARITY &/or loosen muscles after warm ups.

For warm up exercises - just mere 10 push ups & 10 sit ups will help to increase the blood flow circulation, followed by simple stretching exercises will help the loosen the muscles, as well as REGULATE breathing to supply oxygen to the heart, should one wish to conduct a simple brisk walk whereby one SWEATS to use the body system to rid toxins.

For other forms of exercise such as marathons, more warm up & stretching exercises will be needed, but MUST be conducted in scaled phases over time so as not to push the body & its systems too hard that it is not prepared for.
Of course this is the most common reason but definitely not in my case. As I said I had already confirmed my number of steps per milli secs is higher than them.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
there are 2 basic inputs for speed for bipeds.

1 is step cadence. How often your feet touch the ground.

2 is stride length. The more seasoned you, the more efficient your stride becomes. Keep it up for a few months then see how. Your muscles and ligaments will stretch out and develop the appropriate strength and flexibility.
I think should be due to reason number 2.
Whenever I started walking together with a office lady stranger, they are always ahead of me by a far distant even I attempted to win them by step cadence.
Which means it doesn't mean having longer leg will have further stretches.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whenever I started walking together with a office lady stranger, they are always ahead of me by a far distant even I attempted to win them by step cadence.
the stride length is partly a result of flexibility and partly a result of strength.

If you have enough strength in your stride, your body will seem to float along. If not, you will shamble from step to step. Not efficient.

Keep exercising and in a few weeks or months depending on your biology and you will develop both flexibility and strength.

No need to worry, just keep practicing. You will definitely see improvements if you keep trying

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
the stride length is partly a result of flexibility and partly a result of strength.

If you have enough strength in your stride, your body will seem to float along. If not, you will shamble from step to step. Not efficient.

Keep exercising and in a few weeks or months depending on your biology and you will develop both flexibility and strength.

No need to worry, just keep practicing. You will definitely see improvements if you keep trying
This is a good executive summary .
Is discouraging to try to be faster and yet lagging behind even the steps i put in is more.

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal

You must learn 轻功, I will impart to you 内功心法,you must go 领悟 by yourself:

Screenshot_1.jpg
:biggrin: