• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why some people like to post everything they do in FB!!

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the min they wake up to the time they sleep, 7 days a week, everyday in a year, u read and see their pictures, what they have for breakfast,lunch, dinner...etc ad nasuem!! Are these people crazy or what!!! Nothing better to do????

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
From the min they wake up to the time they sleep, 7 days a week, everyday in a year, u read and see their pictures, what they have for breakfast,lunch, dinner...etc ad nasuem!! Are these people crazy or what!!! Nothing better to do????

It means you are old and out of time.. prepare your coffin.. you will need it soon.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

Yes, I know of so many of these types on FB. They live their lives on FB, right down to the minute to let others know where they are. WTF!

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

For socialites and celebrity bloggers, it is their way of maintaining attention. Attention to them is literally money in the bank.

For other people, it is just self-absorbness and internet-induced narcissism.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
These are the ones with nothing to hide! I don't have that courage.

No, its more like we are normal folks and don't have the need to tell everybody what we ate, where we went, what we saw, how cute our children are, what our kids achieved, which country we are going, what we saw there, what we did there, etc. I blocked the news feed of so many of them, no heart to unfriend them lah. :biggrin:

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
FB will be a thing of the past in 10 years from now. There are still some good points about FB. That is one can keep up to date with family overseas.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No, its more like we are normal folks and don't have the need to tell everybody what we ate, where we went, what we saw, how cute our children are, what our kids achieved, which country we are going, what we saw there, what we did there, etc. I blocked the news feed of so many of them, no heart to unfriend them lah. :biggrin:

I suppose that's the in-thing with youngsters today. Btw, any idea if ah peks also have FB?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I suppose that's the in-thing with youngsters today. Btw, any idea if ah peks also have FB?

I am ah pek and I have FB, so why not. Even senior ah peks also can, like my uncles and aunties. Social media helps to keep them active and slow down dementia.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am ah pek and I have FB, so why not. Even senior ah peks also can, like my uncles and aunties. Social media helps to keep them active and slow down dementia.

Ok, thanks. Was in town recently. Met old friend. He's late 60s. Shared with me his time with his grandkids and told me it was so embarrassing when he thought FB was some kind of book! Grandkids laughed at him.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Ok, thanks. Was in town recently. Met old friend. He's late 60s. Shared with me his time with his grandkids and told me it was so embarrassing when he thought FB was some kind of book! Grandkids laughed at him.

FB is great for connecting with kids and grandkids (especially when they reside overseas). BTW, some of my relatives are in their late 70s, and actively use FB.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FB is great for connecting with kids and grandkids (especially when they reside overseas). BTW, some of my relatives are in their late 70s, and actively use FB.

This friend of mine only know IBC and SBOBET. When he decided not to place bets with bookies/runners, he went to purchase a laptop and asked the sales staff if the laptop can access the two betting websites! He is more dinosaur than me.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thing about FB is that it's not easy to delete content. U can block the news feed but u can't change the content in your news feed...at least I don't know how!!

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Nothing better to do????

bro,
for some: it's natural tendency for folks to feed their ego.
for others: self identity, as some psychologists defined it, is in a constant process of formation during the formative years.
then we also find the folks who uses this platform to connect, to stalk, etc...

jw5

Loyal

It would be better if they posted everything they did to their FB. :biggrin:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I guess 2 reason for it :
1) is after writing will people read. When people read their objectives for whatever reason is met.
2) If nobody bother to read they just take it as a dairy lo.

I will not condemn these people as I want to write also cannot as I have nothing to write or show, everyday same thing..

Last edited: