• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why our men in blue din use their firearms?

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
558092_790142221003249_762885055_n.jpg

The mob was over-whelming. If you had been to Little India, you would know by now that the little place has expanded into Bigger India stretching from Rex Cinema to the old New World....and the whole place is flooded on a SUNDAY with many foreign workers.

If news of any death or any gun fire or the use of firearms by our security forces, the situation would have been catastrophic!!! The action taken by our security forces ( one of great restraint) was admirable.Not a single shot was fired despite the gravity of the situation. It was something most unexpected but it is something which many of us here had warned our Government about - the potential danger of too many foreign workers congregating in one enclave.

A major shift in our foreign workers policy is called for - for the safety and security of all Singaporeans.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not prepared, No Protocol, and real reason, NO LUMPAR

It is always easy to criticize on hind-sight.

If you had seen the mob, your balls would have shrunk to your mouth.

But our Home Team stood steadfastly with their guns and exercised great restraint in the face of the maddening mob....Kudos to all our security forces. A misjudgement would have been catastrophic!!!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1497637_790142621003209_621245203_n.jpg

1098063_790142671003204_1472177889_n.jpg

The restraint shown by our security forces was most admirable despite the gravity of the situation.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1475943_790142684336536_665135575_n.jpg

a crude wake up call for all singaporeans!!!

things will never be the same again.....it's time we do a total reappraisal of our policies....

cheesecake

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They can't use firearms as there were many innocent bystanders around. It's also difficult to spot who the rioters were as there were so many dark skin people around and the rioters can easily blend with the crowd.

Right or wrong, the decision made on the spot was probably the right one.

jw5

Loyal

things will never be the same again.....it's time we do a total reappraisal of our policies....

Pathetic, so late then come.

Thanks for showing us the peekture of their very late arrival, Hock, err, I mean kopiuncle, thanks. :wink:

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal

The aftermath tourist!

TCH: Damn surreal balls! Actually happening in our watch!
BD: Act solemn, just act solemn, not the right time to shoot off my mouth!
Actsy guy, no idea who the fuck is he: Just stand kombang & they will run away, see how they run away when you stand like me!
Rest of the tourist: porlumpar jiu bo daiji! porlumpar jiu bo daiji!

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
But according to the stubbornly undead lau chee bye, not the case leh. Remember he said this.

"If I have to shoot 200,000 students to save China from another 100 years of disorder, so be it."

That's why you don't see alot of riot in China...after what happened in Tian ah min in 89....

valiant20

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Were the police officers in their cars when they were overturned? If so, I believed they should have fired a warning shot in the air.. I reckon a lot of the mob around the car will scatter upon hearing the gunshot.

Whatsmore, imagine the outcome should the police officers had lost their life after their car had been overturned and run over by the mob, and not discharging their firearm to protect themselves?

If the police cannot protect the rest of the emergency services from being attacked by the mob, then what is the use of being there?

I reckoned the fire engine who ran away should have stayed on and used their water cannon to cool off the mob..

It definately does show a lack of first hand experience on the part of the home defence team..

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It is shameful, instead of resigning or apologising to the people of Spore they are using this as a photo opportunity:rolleyes:

Are those men surrounding the MPs their bodyguards:confused: For many "lesser mortals" we have to rely on the rule of law. If they keep importing those vast numbers of foreigners without proper checks we will have problems like dengue & riots.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1467229_790210434329761_887958418_n.jpg

LOL, such small shields. Do they think they are Captain America? :rolleyes:

Here are some real riot police with real shields.
riot-police.jpg

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They can't use firearms as there were many innocent bystanders around. It's also difficult to spot who the rioters were as there were so many dark skin people around and the rioters can easily blend with the crowd.

Right or wrong, the decision made on the spot was probably the right one.

I totally agree. We should congratulate our Home Team for their great diplomacy and restraint. However, I am sure if the mob came and went for our men, I am very sure, firearms would have to be used. If any of our security forces were threatened with injury or when the mob came for them with assault weapons, I am very sure the situation would be disastrous.

Fortunately , common sense prevailed and what we witnessed was just burning and destruction of our vehicles and buses. And this is again, a sign of suppressed anger , frustration and discontentment. A grave sign indeed and a very grave situation which should be properly debriefed and further action adopted. Reminds me of the Hock Lee riots and I think this is worse!!!