• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why our men in blue din use their firearms?

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not using any form of firearms was the right course of action. It would just make the situation worse and the mob would certainly result in more fatalities.

I applaud our SPF for exercising great restraint, great patience and great intelligence. Using firearms in such a dire situation would be catastrophic .

Such modality of response to such an uruly mob of 400 and more rioters was the right and appropriate response. Such professional conduct should be applauded. Nothing to do with guts, balls or principles. It is a common sense reaction to do after assessing the situation. No bloodshed. No massacre.No fatalities. Not a single shot was fired. This is a world class performance of great non-violence policing. Our SPF and Home Team should be nominated for next year's Nobel Peace Prize!!! Such display of non-violent containment is admirable and should be congratulated and recognised world wide. Well done SPF!!!

SirRichard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not using any form of firearms was the right course of action. It would just make the situation worse and the mob would certainly result in more fatalities.

I applaud our SPF for exercising great restraint, great patience and great intelligence. Using firearms in such a dire situation would be catastrophic .

Such modality of response to such an uruly mob of 400 and more rioters was the right and appropriate response. Such professional conduct should be applauded. Nothing to do with guts, balls or principles. It is a common sense reaction to do after assessing the situation. No bloodshed. No massacre.No fatalities. Not a single shot was fired. This is a world class performance of great non-violence policing. Our SPF and Home Team should be nominated for next year's Nobel Peace Prize!!! Such display of non-violent containment is admirable and should be congratulated and recognised world wide. Well done SPF!!!

Look at the positive impact following these ultimate restraint exercised - we can cut down govt budget significantly by canceling all future guns order, maybe just carry toy ones, we can save on papers coz no reports to write , lesser staff needed coz we just send a few front scout to see and run away to wait for reinforcement...

We should change our patrol cars to TATA motors nano or Qq so that it's cheaper to let them destroy ...

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Kopiuncle, use your brains lah ...the riot could have been averted if the first responders were allowed to prevent the situation from deterioration. Not letting the first responders to fire warning shots or sending choppers to the scene was a gross mistake! The SPF top brass should be disciplined publicly.
The poodles ran away because they didn't have anything to protect themselves, thanks to their useless commanders. Were the cabinet triumvirate involved?

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Good Morning Winnie,

Thanks for your very positive post.

If you have been to the area ( Race Course Road,Hampshire Road and Buffalo Road ), you will know that strategically, it is a dead end for anyone caught in a riot. The mob was getting bigger and bigger and I can tell you the whole Little India would have exploded with more dire consequences if the police used firearms, even if it is a warning shot in the air. The atmosphere was tense.It was electrifying and everything was so volatile. One more ignition, the whole place would be a cemetery for many.

So the assessment of the situation was grave and the POLICE DID NOT USE ANY FIREARMS to save themselves, to save others and to prevent further escalation.

The action of the policemen was most admirable - excercising restraint with the most endurance and perseverance. I said let us salute them and honour those who were at the scene. It was the RIGHT THING to do and they save Singapore from far more dire consequences.

If any of you SBF Gangs were there, I am sure you would have fired and killed the rioters. In the end, all of you would be killed, lynched and chopped piecemeal. The situation would deteriorated and there will be a global outcry.

The SPF acted well with restraint and they saved the day. Majulah Singapura!!!

This does not mean that our police are soft and fragile. They would not hesitate to shoot and kill if their lives are threatened. So don't play play with our SPF. Remember they killed all the terrorists in one swift action ? Remember the Laju hijacking? Remember all the top kidnappers were gunned down? Remember???

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Kopiuncle, use your brains lah ...the riot could have been averted if the first responders were allowed to prevent the situation from deterioration. Not letting the first responders to fire warning shots or sending choppers to the scene was a gross mistake! The SPF top brass should be disciplined publicly.
The poodles ran away because they didn't have anything to protect themselves, thanks to their useless commanders. Were the cabinet triumvirate involved?

Dear Winni, it is always easy to post on hindsight. The whole area including the nearby Farrer Park were " unfriendly" territory,occupied by "potentially unfriendly" enemy forces. It would be suicidal to start shooting or firing any firearms. The policemen would have been overwhelmed and all would have been lynched by the maddening mob . Support units could not get through those areas and the policemen would just be sitting targets! I applaud the action taken by our police force and we should support them. Not chastise or condemn them for their "inaction". In fact, they played ZEN...In this particular case, " Non Action" is the best "Action".

SirRichard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember crippled mas selamat escape from tight security prison and swam successfully into jb amid tight man hunt ? Remember took leng how managed to WALK pass woodlands custom into jb without passport after his murder , one eye dragon escape into Malaysia via woodlands custom , Romanian diplomat that killed a few and yet allowed to leave the country??? I'm sure many here can list down countless cases of un solved murder or crimes in this small country... Of hand I can think of the bt batik jogger that was raped and murdered. Till now still un solved ? The theft and murder case of a 4 d store personnel at about 7-8 am and the culprit successfully move off with a heavy safe box.. Has this been solved ? Not that I know off.

I used to be proud of our country's efficiencies and tough stance, especially under lky leadership... Look at now.. We have all sorts of nonsense such as civil servant sex scandal, corruption( gromton bikes), SLA cheating cases nd so on....

We are paying world best salary for our government to manage smallest of country and yet we can't keep things well managed....

Disappointing! Let's see how brave our govt will be in giving punishment, is it going to be a slap on the wrist so that we don't offend India ???