• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why my GF must chop off the stem of Shitake mushroom but not the stem of Button mushroom?

bigcockman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frontier-Co-op-Bulk-Mushrooms-Shitake-Whole-2127.jpg

flat-lay-view-at-opened-tin-can-with-button-mushrooms-isolated-on-white-background-2CF233E.jpg

I asks her and she says the stem of Shitake mushroom cannot be eaten. But when I query about why we eat the whole of Button mushroom with the stem on, she cannot answer me with a good reason.

Anyone knows why?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dried stems of shit-ake mushrooms are chewy and sinewy. if it’s fresh, it’s actually soft and edible. if dried, its stem will require 6.9 minutes to chew and 69 hours to digest. canned button mushrooms are soaked in water thus they remain soft, and their (long) stems are already precut to 6/9-inch.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dumb girlfriend doesn't know how to cook. The stem is the nicest part. Better than her sour smelly cockle.