• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

US Treasury chief Janet Yellen ate hallucigenic Yunnan magic mushroom dish in her recent visit

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Janet Yellen in Hanoi, Vietnam in July. The US Treasury Secretary has said she ate a meal containing hallucinogenic mushrooms while in China.
Show caption
Janet Yellen

Janet Yellen inadvertently ate hallucinogenic mushrooms in China – and started a trend​

‘I was not aware that these mushrooms had hallucinogenic properties. I learned that later,’ the US Treasury secretary told CNN
Helen Sullivan
@helenrsullivan
Tue 15 Aug 2023 21.28 EDT

US treasury secretary Janet Yellen has started a craze in China for a magic mushroom-based dish called Jian shou qing, or “see hand blue”, after she was spotted eating the fungi, known for being hallucinogenic, while on a visit to Beijing in July.

“I went with this large group of people and the person who’d arranged our dinner did the ordering. There was a delicious mushroom dish I was not aware that these mushrooms had hallucinogenic properties. I learned that later,” she told CNN.

The dish is made from Lanmaoa asiatica mushrooms, parts of which turn blue when bruised or sliced.

Dr Peter Mortimer, a professor at Kunming Institute of Botany, told CNN on Tuesday: “Lanmaoa mushrooms are considered poisonous as they can be hallucinogenic.

“However, scientists have not, as of yet, identified the compounds responsible for causing the hallucinations. It remains a bit of a mystery, and most evidence is anecdotal. I have a friend who mistakenly ate them and hallucinated for three days.”

Yellen was in China for a four-day visit, which, along with the secretary of state, Antony Blinken’s visit earlier in the summer, was the first by a top US official in over three years.
Yellen praised her trip as having put US ties with China on a “surer footing”.

After a Weibo user posted about Yellen eating at the Yunnan restaurant called In and Out during her trip, a hashtag translated as “US Treasury secretary Yellen’s first meal in Beijing is Yunannese” started trending online.

An aide to Yellen confirmed that the Treasury secretary ate the mushroom dish at the restaurant.

“I can tell you that none of us were affected by the mushrooms,” Yellen told CNN through laughter, before being asked what she meant when she said she learned about the mushrooms’ effects “later”.

“I read that if the mushrooms are cooked properly, which I’m sure they were at this very good restaurant, that they have no impact. But all of us enjoyed the mushrooms [and] the restaurant, and none of us felt any ill-effects from having eaten them,” she said.

The chain said on Weibo that Yellen’s visit and choice of dish had caused several branches to sell out within hours.

“At 2[pm], the Sanlitun store was the first to sell out; from 8pm, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Hangzhou, Chengdu, Xi’an, Xiamen, and Tianjin stores were in a hurry until they were completely sold out,” In and Out said on Weibo.

“Two weeks after that meal … colleagues from headquarters in branding, personnel, finance, etc. collectively transferred to another job and turned into mushroom cutting workers,” the restaurant said in a later post.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Biden should punish China for poisoning his cabinet member with a total ban on Chinese visitors to US and a ban of Americans travelling to China.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Biden should punish China for poisoning his cabinet member with a total ban on Chinese visitors to US and a ban of Americans travelling to China.
Relac. The real janet yellen is detained and tortured by xi jinping. The one you see is her double,