• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why juicing helps with diabetes, cancer,...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I totally agree with anyone who say it is not healthier to drink juices compare to eating it whole and raw. There is never a doubt on this statement.

There are some people like me who:

1. Do not eat enough fruits and vegetables
2. Could not eat too much of the above at one go
3. Don't like to eat also

The answer to my above problem is juicing, each morning I could pack at least 0.7kg of green leaves, 3 fruits, maybe 2 roots like carrot and beet root into a single glass full of original nutrients, I could not possible eat the above amount in a single day let alone a single meal but I could juice double this amount twice a day and consume it. This is the point of juicing.

Another point of juicing is this - try eating your kailan and spinach and pakchoy and chaisim raw. Its almost impossible.

I think no one will argue eating veges raw is less nutritious than juicing because it's simply not.

Cheers

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is it ok if I put my freshly made carrot juice in the fridge and drink it later during the day?

The reason we juice is to get the nutrients. Once you juice the nutrients will start to spoil because of oxidation.
You can minimise nutrition loss by storing it in an airtight container without any airspace i.e. filled to the brim.

I personally wouldn't store any freshly made juice. If I'm going to make the effort to juice, I want the maximum benefit.
The veggies of today don't have the nutritional potency as in the past. So we really need to consume more veggies & not waste them to oxidation.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe it is better nutritional value (including the fibre) to eat all of the fruits and vegetables.

In USA and Canada, the Vita Mix machine (retails for about Cdn $550, whereas about 7 years ago, it was about $600) is very good, because it liquefy the fruits and vegetables in about 20 to 30 seconds.
Drinking the smoothie made by a Vita Mix machine will be more wholesome.

p.s. I do not have interest in Vita Mix or own any shares in that corporation.

If anyone is interested in getting a Vitamix in Spore they can look at https://www.vitamix.com/International?country=sg
For Blendtec you can visit Natures Glory http://www.natures-glory.com/kitchenware-juicers-and-blenders.asp

These are $1,000+ machines.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The reason we juice is to get the nutrients. Once you juice the nutrients will start to spoil because of oxidation.
You can minimise nutrition loss by storing it in an airtight container without any airspace i.e. filled to the brim.

I personally wouldn't store any freshly made juice. If I'm going to make the effort to juice, I want the maximum benefit.
The veggies of today don't have the nutritional potency as in the past. So we really need to consume more veggies & not waste them to oxidation.

Ok thanks Uncle Johnny for this info.. Have been making carrot juice for the past few weeks and storing it inside my fridge.. Think from now on its better for me to drink it straight away..

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok thanks Uncle Johnny for this info.. Have been making carrot juice for the past few weeks and storing it inside my fridge.. Think from now on its better for me to drink it straight away..

You should consider adding other colored vegetables in your juices & not only carrots. The same rules apply whether you are eating or juicing. Getting different colored fruits/veggies ensure that you get a wider range of nutrients.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hey johnny sometimes i cut my veggies in half and store it to blend for another day cos i cannot drink all of it in 1 go so i cut say half a carrot, obviously not 1 stalk of brocoli so it's part of it and say half a red/yellow pepper and apples, pears i can consume it whole. Anyway oxidation wouldn't affect the cut carrot/brocoli or any other veggie right?

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
pGNC1-12991304t300x300.jpg

http://www.gnc.com/GNC-SuperFoods-Maximum-Green-Complete/product.jsp?productId=13014254

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i want to share something i found ..try a few power up juice..

power-gulp-recipe-400x400.jpg

1. Power Gulp
This green goodie sneaks in a dose of iron (you need extra during your period and pregnancy), key for healthy blood cell and muscle function. It also delivers more than your daily rec of vitamin K—another must for blood and bone health.

Ingredients: Kale, green grapes, cucumber, Granny Smith apple

immune-booster-recipe-400x400.jpg

2. Total Health Booster
A swig of this vitamin-packed (A, B, C, E) beverage fuels your whole body. It even fights aging: Lutein plus vitamins A and C up collagen production (for strong bones and younger-looking skin).

Ingredients: Apple, pears, cherries

antioxidant-supreme-recipe-400x400.jpg

3. Antioxidant Supreme
Antioxidants in berries boast potent anti-aging benefits.

Ingredients: Blueberries, strawberries, mango

energy-upper-juice-400x400.jpg

4. Energy Upper
Natural fruit sugars give you an instant boost, and electrolyte-loaded coconut water helps keep you hydrated.

Ingredients: Lychees in syrup, peaches, coconut water

total-health-booster-400x400.jpg

5. Immune Booster
Ward off colds with this vitamin bomb! The kiwis alone pack nearly twice your daily vitamin C—and the citrus delivers even more of the cold-busting vitamin.

Ingredients: Grapefruit, oranges, kiwis

post-workout-refueler-400x400.jpg

6. Post-Workout Refueler
Almonds’ protein helps build and repair muscle. Plus, the potassium (twice as much as you get in two bananas) balances your electrolytes and fluids.

Ingredients: Oranges, almonds, sweet potato, apple

detox-juice-recipe-400x400.jpg

7. Detox
High-fiber root veggies and fruit keep things moving through the digestive tract, while ginger calms your stomach.

Ingredients: Ginger, beet, carrots, apple

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey johnny sometimes i cut my veggies in half and store it to blend for another day cos i cannot drink all of it in 1 go so i cut say half a carrot, obviously not 1 stalk of brocoli so it's part of it and say half a red/yellow pepper and apples, pears i can consume it whole. Anyway oxidation wouldn't affect the cut carrot/brocoli or any other veggie right?

Try to keep fruits whole because the skin acts as a barrier. You'll notice that a cut apple turns brown because of oxidation. If you must store cut peppers, apples,.... try storing them in air tight containers, or use saran wrap.

I bought a few vegetable keepers from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=vegeatble+keeper to store my lettuce. In the end I didn't use them opting to use those larger plastic containers that you find being sold at supermarkets . Make sure they are BPA free. The reason I use these plastic containers is because the leafy greens spoil if the refrigerator gets too cold. Putting them in the container provides some protection from this cold.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i want to share something i found ..try a few power up juice..

power-gulp-recipe-400x400.jpg

1. Power Gulp
This green goodie sneaks in a dose of iron (you need extra during your period and pregnancy), key for healthy blood cell and muscle function. It also delivers more than your daily rec of vitamin K—another must for blood and bone health.

Ingredients: Kale, green grapes, cucumber, Granny Smith apple

immune-booster-recipe-400x400.jpg

2. Total Health Booster
A swig of this vitamin-packed (A, B, C, E) beverage fuels your whole body. It even fights aging: Lutein plus vitamins A and C up collagen production (for strong bones and younger-looking skin).

Ingredients: Apple, pears, cherries

Nice many of the ingredients are fruits so they will surely taste nice but some ppl might question if its too sweet.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
At airport now since 5:30am but never pass a change to juice even how early or inconvenient especially will not
be able to juice next three days while in Taiwan.

cheers

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At airport now since 5:30am but never pass a change to juice even how early or inconvenient especially will not
be able to juice next three days while in Taiwan.

cheers

You can "juice" the old fashion way, just make sure you eat the equivalent amount of veggies:biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
now i blend cilantro, cucumber, apple, and carrot. the "juicer" that separates juice from pulp and purée sits idle in the closet. blending keeps everything in the jar, including occasional bugs and insects. yummy! :p

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
now i blend cilantro, cucumber, apple, and carrot. the "juicer" that separates juice from pulp and purée sits idle in the closet. blending keeps everything in the jar, including occasional bugs and insects. yummy! :p

Yep. Ideal solving fecal matters.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Try to keep fruits whole because the skin acts as a barrier. You'll notice that a cut apple turns brown because of oxidation. If you must store cut peppers, apples,.... try storing them in air tight containers, or use saran wrap.

I bought a few vegetable keepers from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=vegeatble+keeper to store my lettuce. In the end I didn't use them opting to use those larger plastic containers that you find being sold at supermarkets . Make sure they are BPA free. The reason I use these plastic containers is because the leafy greens spoil if the refrigerator gets too cold. Putting them in the container provides some protection from this cold.

Apples no problem cos it's easy to blend 1 or 2 of them. Not so for broccoli where they are sold in one huge stalk and it's unlikely for anyone to actually eat one huge stalk like that.

I didn't notice the broccoli stalk turn brown at the cut area. Oh well don't know. Seems like going through so much trouble.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think you need more fruits/veggies when you juice to produce a certain volume cos some veggies don't have much liquid. When you blend you add water to aid in blending them.

Speaking of eating them whole. Well if you blend you are consuming them whole. There isn't a problem chewing on them either and eating them raw but how many people will eat raw veggies? They are usually cooked and ppl cook the shit out of them like the kang kong sold in those chilli crab stalls. I think it's safe to say lots of ppl in singapore don't have balanced diets and lack veggies and fruits in their diet. This is due to the fact that veggies aren't exactly too tasty or they are overcooked cos they aren't tasty when raw and i agree unless you happen to have the same taste buds as say a cow or a goat you probably won't get too excited from eating them so this blender/juicer gets it all out of the way. Taste isn't everything. I find that ppl who try to make delicious smoothies out of their fruit/veggie blend tend to add too much sweet fruits like strawberries/mangoes into the mix and leave out veggies. Some vegs like bell peppers have a very strong non sweet taste but slightly spicy taste since it is a pepper but it's easy to get used to. One should perhaps develop a mild liking to new tastes that might not be too pleasant at first or maybe never pleasant but comeon it's for health you drink it all down in a few mins.