• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why juicing helps with diabetes, cancer,...

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Take a look at the clip about the angel juicer.
If you look at the length of the part sticking out horizontally. This is the part responsible for squeezing the juices

http://whichjuicermachine.com/super-angel-juicer-review/

It's a really nice machine & the only con is the price.

hmmmm..the design is suitable for the thin length of wheatgrass.

THe hurom model is more for vegetables and fruits.

anyway, i will put juicing of wheatgrass on hold for a while.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hmmmm..the design is suitable for the thin length of wheatgrass.

THe hurom model is more for vegetables and fruits.

anyway, i will put juicing of wheatgrass on hold for a while.

For the price the Hurom is a good all round juicer. Many juicers have problems with wheat grass. I doubt that even the highly rated Norwalk juicer can do any better than a Hurom.

The best type of juicers for wheat grass are those that use augurs e.g. Omega 8006, Champion, super angel,...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw3gPOOuXmU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNfkifEp0S0

If you have already have a Hurom & not happy with it you can try using a manual wheat grass like the Hurrican
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6nN3DbAop4

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
For the price the Hurom is a good all round juicer. Many juicers have problems with wheat grass. I doubt that even the highly rated Norwalk juicer can do any better than a Hurom.

The best type of juicers for wheat grass are those that use augurs e.g. Omega 8006, Champion, super angel,...

If you have already have a Hurom & not happy with it you can try using a manual wheat grass like the Hurrican

Thanks.......

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i found the way to constant health..

juicing + eat a bowl of organic fruits with unsweentened almond milk + exercise.. perfect..

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
UCLA Study Reveals Sugar In Your Diet Is Lowering Your IQ
http://www.collective-evolution.com...eveals-sugar-in-your-diet-is-lowering-your-iq

“Our findings illustrate that what you eat affects how you think,” said Fernando Gomez-Pinilla, a professor of neurosurgery at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and a professor of integrative biology and physiology in the UCLA College of Letters and Science. “Eating a high-fructose diet over the long term alters your brain’s ability to learn and remember information.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
UCLA Study Reveals Sugar In Your Diet Is Lowering Your IQ
http://www.collective-evolution.com...eveals-sugar-in-your-diet-is-lowering-your-iq

“Our findings illustrate that what you eat affects how you think,” said Fernando Gomez-Pinilla, a professor of neurosurgery at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and a professor of integrative biology and physiology in the UCLA College of Letters and Science. “Eating a high-fructose diet over the long term alters your brain’s ability to learn and remember information.

rubbish..the high sugar refers to refined sugar and not natural-occurring sugar in fruits and vegetables.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
rubbish..the high sugar refers to refined sugar and not natural-occurring sugar in fruits and vegetables.

"We’re less concerned about naturally occurring fructose in fruits, which also contain important antioxidants,” explained Gomez-Pinilla, who is also a member of UCLA’s Brain Research Institute and Brain Injury Research Center. “We’re more concerned about the fructose in high-fructose corn syrup, which is added to manufactured food products as a sweetener and preservative."

That's right. He should have read the article he was posting and then read what this thread is about before posting it here. This thread is about blending/juicing raw fruits and veggies and that article is about eating/drinking foods that have been processed with high content of sugar. He also forgot to mention this bit here

"A UCLA study funded by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke is the first to show how a diet steadily high in fructose slows the brain, hampering memory and learning — and how omega-3 fatty acids can counteract the disruption"

Very first sentence which means even if you eat/drink those types of food if you eat foods high in omega 3 fatty acids it won't affect you according to the study.

Suffice to say he probably read this part “Eating a high-fructose diet over the long term alters your brain’s ability to learn and remember information.

Without even thinking about anything else he thought fructose = sugar in fruits = what this study was talking about better post here.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
"We’re less concerned about naturally occurring fructose in fruits, which also contain important antioxidants,” explained Gomez-Pinilla, who is also a member of UCLA’s Brain Research Institute and Brain Injury Research Center. “We’re more concerned about the fructose in high-fructose corn syrup, which is added to manufactured food products as a sweetener and preservative."

That's right. He should have read the article he was posting and then read what this thread is about before posting it here. This thread is about blending/juicing raw fruits and veggies and that article is about eating/drinking foods that have been processed with high content of sugar. He also forgot to mention this bit here

"A UCLA study funded by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke is the first to show how a diet steadily high in fructose slows the brain, hampering memory and learning — and how omega-3 fatty acids can counteract the disruption"

Very first sentence which means even if you eat/drink those types of food if you eat foods high in omega 3 fatty acids it won't affect you according to the study.

Suffice to say he probably read this part “Eating a high-fructose diet over the long term alters your brain’s ability to learn and remember information.

Without even thinking about anything else he thought fructose = sugar in fruits = what this study was talking about better post here.

yes, my oversight to consider all fructose = fruit sugar

i am aware that processed sugar like corn-fructose is worse than glucose, resulting a lot of arguments online about bad fructose n good fructose (intake/source).
take fructose directly from fruits is healthier with all the antioxidents like anthocyanin

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Came back fro Japan holiday on Tuesday night and immediately went to load up

Yesterday my first juicing after 7 days of without juicing

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Happened to see this in Sapporo's BIC Camera shop

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_cancer_treatments#Plant-_and_fungus-based
sOJS2Je.gif

____________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.cancer.org/treatment/treatmentsandsideeffects/complementaryandalternativemedicine/dietandnutrition/juicing

Juicing

Other common name(s): juice therapy

Scientific/medical name(s): none

Description

Juicing involves extracting juices from fresh fruit and uncooked vegetables as the main part of the diet.

Overview

There is no convincing scientific evidence that extracted juices are healthier than whole foods.

How is it promoted for use?

Juicing is promoted to enhance the immune system and prevent and treat a wide variety of conditions. The Internet abounds with promises of "glowing good health" from juicing. According to practitioners, "unnatural" foods cause imbalances in the body's cell composition, imbalances that are corrected and rebalanced with the juices' nutrients. This treatment method is frequently used to sustain the body during long fasts or as part of the Gerson regimen (see Gerson Therapy). Some other proponents suggest juicing as a way to add more plant-derived nutrients to a person's usual diet.

What does it involve?

Juice extractors grind food into small pieces that are spun to extract juice from the pulp.

What is the history behind it?

Juicing first became popular in the early 1990s, when proponents claimed that it could reverse everything from the natural aging process to chronic diseases such as cancer.

What is the evidence?

There is no convincing scientific evidence that extracted juices are healthier than whole foods. Juice extractors remove the fiber-containing pulp from the fruits and vegetables, which results in less fiber intake. Some proponents suggest eating the pulp from the juiced vegetables and fruits, which helps to keep enough fiber in the diet. Some vitamins that are present in the raw food are destroyed by heat. And a diet high in vegetables and fruits has been shown to reduce cancer risk and to improve overall health. On the other hand, available scientific evidence does not support claims that the enzymes from raw foods have special, health-giving properties, since they are broken down during digestion anyway.

Are there any possible problems or complications?

Overuse of juicing or consuming too much of certain juices can cause severe diarrhea, sometimes claimed to be "cleansing" by proponents who believe that "toxins" are removed from the body during this process. The juices from fruits and starchy vegetables such as carrots or beets can contain a lot of sugar, which may be harmful for diabetics and can contribute to weight gain. Overall, however, juicing is considered safe when it is used as part of a healthy diet. Commercially juiced products should be pasteurized to kill harmful germs, which can cause serious infections in some people whose immune system has been weakened by cancer. Relying on this type of treatment alone and avoiding or delaying conventional medical care for cancer may have serious health consequences.

Additional resources

More information from your American Cancer Society

The following information on complementary and alternative therapies may also be helpful to you. These materials may be found on our Web site (www.cancer.org) or ordered from our toll-free number (1-800-ACS-2345).

Dietary Supplements: What Is Safe?

The ACS Operational Statement on Complementary and Alternative Methods of Cancer Management
Complementary and Alternative Methods and Cancer

Placebo Effect

Learning About New Ways to Treat Cancer

Learning About New Ways to Prevent Cancer

References

Barrett S. Juicing. Accessed at: www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/juicing.html on June 10, 2008.

Doyle C, Kushi LH, Byers T, et al. The 2006 Nutrition, Physical Activity and Cancer Survivorship Advisory Committee. American Cancer Society. Nutrition and physical activity during and after cancer treatment: an American Cancer Society guide for informed choices. CA Cancer J Clin.2006; 56:323-353.

Kushi LH, Byers T, Doyle C, et al. American Cancer Society 2006 Nutrition and Physical Activity Guidelines Advisory Committee. American Cancer Society Guidelines on Nutrition and Physical Activity for cancer prevention: reducing the risk of cancer with healthy food choices and physical activity. CA Cancer J Clin. 2006; 56:254-281.

Note:
This information may not cover all possible claims, uses, actions, precautions, side effects or interactions. It is not intended as medical advice, and should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultation with your doctor, who is familiar with your medical situation.

Last Medical Review: 11/01/2008
Last Revised: 11/01/2008

Last edited:

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Sense, if you read the article carefully... "There is no convincing scientific evidence that extracted juices are healthier than whole foods", it does not say juicing is not healthy. Only that it may not be healthier.

So go for it. Eat them whole or juice them. Although I prefer to take my fruits or vegetables whole bcos of the fiber part, I do once awhile, juice them. So both are healthy. Continue with more fruits and vegetables.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Sense, if you read the article carefully... "There is no convincing scientific evidence that extracted juices are healthier than whole foods", it does not say juicing is not healthy. Only that it may not be healthier.

So go for it. Eat them whole or juice them. Although I prefer to take my fruits or vegetables whole bcos of the fiber part, I do once awhile, juice them. So both are healthy. Continue with more fruits and vegetables.

Agree with your comments. Thumbs up.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is it ok if I put my freshly made carrot juice in the fridge and drink it later during the day?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
you have to try it out yourself and you will know if it is good for you.

personally, i have tons of energy every morning and i have not had that much energy since my teens..

so, does that say something to you?.

anything to link yourself with nature will be good for you, and fruits and vegetables are good..and if you get them organic .. that is the best.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Have a friend who has been juicing for 12+ years . In his owns words he did it to "get get healthy stuff into the body":smile:
He's a busy programmer & is very methodical :smile:

Many people have no problems with fruits. In fact I snack on whole apples at night when I'm hungry, even though I already juice them in the morning. Vegetable are more challenging. How many people are able to eat them raw in sufficient quantities on a daily basis:confused:

It only takes me less than 5 minutes to drink 700ml of mostly vegetable juice. If it wasn't for juicing I wouldn't be able to consume all those veggies on a daily basis. That's 7 days a week.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I believe it is better nutritional value (including the fibre) to eat all of the fruits and vegetables.

In USA and Canada, the Vita Mix machine (retails for about Cdn $550, whereas about 7 years ago, it was about $600) is very good, because it liquefy the fruits and vegetables in about 20 to 30 seconds.
Drinking the smoothie made by a Vita Mix machine will be more wholesome.

p.s. I do not have interest in Vita Mix or own any shares in that corporation.