• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why juicing helps with diabetes, cancer,...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Visiting a Taiwan factory this morning and saw this in their kitchen

This bloody Angel "Rolls Royce" looks really great ya? Had about 700cc of pineapple with carrot juice, so lucky but its too sweet for my liking. These guys here only juice fruits with carrots I told them they should add veges too. Cost here is 30,000 TWD.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Visiting a Taiwan factory this morning and saw this in their kitchen

This bloody Angel "Rolls Royce" looks really great ya? Had about 700cc of pineapple with carrot juice, so lucky but its too sweet for my liking. These guys here only juice fruits with carrots I told them they should add veges too. Cost here is 30,000 TWD.

As an owner I can recommend the Super Angel juicer because it squeezes out more yield. from whatever you are juicing. The initial cost may seem high but in the long term you will get more juice for the buck.

Pineapple juice is rich in bromelain, a natural anti-inflamatory enyme. It is also a rich source of Vitamin C. The reason I don't juice pineapple is because it takes too much effort to remove the outer skin.
When I visit a juice bar, pineapple is my 1st choice as a fruit as well as a juice.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apples no problem cos it's easy to blend 1 or 2 of them. Not so for broccoli where they are sold in one huge stalk and it's unlikely for anyone to actually eat one huge stalk like that.

I didn't notice the broccoli stalk turn brown at the cut area. Oh well don't know. Seems like going through so much trouble.

I was surprise that organic broccoli is quite expensive. That's why I stick to veggies like kale & Swiss Chard which sell in bigger bunches than broccoli, for the same price.

Broccoli is known for it's anti-cancer properties. So if you have cancer you should include broccoli. There are supplements which are made from broccoli:
http://www.iherb.com/search?sug=broccoli&kw=broc&rank=1#p=1

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's something called your lifestyle will catch up to you. Mostly applies to younger folks or folks that are middle aged or older that have not had any illnesses. I think i can safely say the majority of ppl in singapore once they start to go to work that is from their 20s onwards they don't really pay attention to their health. In terms of physical fitness, proper nutrition etc.

For some ppl they start to have health problems but i think for significant number of young adults who live unhealthy lifestyles nothing happens to them till they reach maybe mid 30s for some even later. By then it's like lord knows more than 10 years of unhealthy living. Their lifestyle has caught up to them. Usually their physical appearance starts to show signs of their unhealthy lifestyle like being overweight is one indicator for example. Some ppl don't care and still indulge in the same lifestyle then serious problems start to show like heart attacks, diabetes, maybe even terminal illnesses like cancer and so on. At that stage it's kind of late but it is still possible to reverse those effects by starting to live a healthy lifestyle like juicing. Yet i doubt it is as good as starting when one was young compared to when one starts to get health problems later in life and then tries to rectify it. It won't be as good as starting young.

Just a piece of advice that it is never too early to start on a diet of fruits/veggies that too many ppl just ignore or only do so when they encounter health problems.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Just so you guys know that the Hurom HU-700 I purchased here in Thailand cost 11,500 baht or S$440. A friend last week told me its selling S$888 at Takashimaya

This is double! So for those who intend to buy or change your old juicer and have plan to go Thailand do consider to get it there. I lugged back 2 units yesterday for my family here and that friend (helped him buy), its only 9kg each carton

Just heard from supplier in Thailand that there is a special offer not for Hurom 700 (the 3 units I bought) used to be 11,500 baht (S$443) now for 2 days special offer 9,900 baht (S$385) if buy two units. Hell S$385 vs S$888 in Singapore for the same thing that like bloody 57% discount. I ordered 4 units, gifts for family members. I wonder why Singapore is so expensive must the the profit margin.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sorry I need to type larger font because easier to see.

Today I have finally juiced. Please welcome me to the club.

3 tomatoes to start the day. Ok, I actually blending rather than juiced. Put 3 of the best into my blender, powered up, within half a minute it had turned into a fine emulsion.

Put 2 teaspoon honey into the emulsion and drink. SHIOK. Now I am so full of energy. I think the energy is due to the sudden burst of nutrients entering the system.

Thanks for this thread guys! I eat fruits everyday but is a chore to eat vegetables. From now on I will either blend or juice whatever spinach or brocoli I want to eat. And raw! Imagine eating all it raw without having to make a face!

Yummy. I feel like a rabbit now.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry I need to type larger font because easier to see.

Today I have finally juiced. Please welcome me to the club.

3 tomatoes to start the day. Ok, I actually blending rather than juiced. Put 3 of the best into my blender, powered up, within half a minute it had turned into a fine emulsion.

Put 2 teaspoon honey into the emulsion and drink. SHIOK. Now I am so full of energy. I think the energy is due to the sudden burst of nutrients entering the system.

Thanks for this thread guys! I eat fruits everyday but is a chore to eat vegetables. From now on I will either blend or juice whatever spinach or brocoli I want to eat. And raw! Imagine eating all it raw without having to make a face!

Yummy. I feel like a rabbit now.

Welcome.... Welcome. :smile:

Nowadays one has to eat more fruits/veggies to get the same amount of nutrients because the produce you find at supermarkets are nutritionally not as potent.
Juicing or blending is a great way to get all those nutrients into our bodies.

Don't forget to include the greens & if you don't like the taste of greens just include carrots & apples to add sweetness.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
last vesak day,
i had:
1 Plant (zhang) of Celery
2 big cucumber
5 green apple
and juice them.

is it too much? if i drink too much of juice, will it be too Liang (cold) for my body and weaker my legs?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
last vesak day,
i had:
1 Plant (zhang) of Celery
2 big cucumber
5 green apple
and juice them.

is it too much? if i drink too much of juice, will it be too Liang (cold) for my body and weaker my legs?

This is what i juice a few days ago..what do you think?

20140513_091347_zps2cd0cf80.jpg

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interested to start on this.

However, do I really have to get organic veg and fruits?

What's the best combi for a beginner?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dear ahbang tony
is it too liang or cold or windy by drinking so much juice?

liang or cold is a chinky concept which i usually ignore.

i got for western science concept that juicing allow easy absorption of nutrients especially on an empty stomach ( in the morning). Doing this daily confirms good health for you.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
liang or cold is a chinky concept which i usually ignore.

i got for western science concept that juicing allow easy absorption of nutrients especially on an empty stomach ( in the morning). Doing this daily confirms good health for you.

dear tony
how many kg of fruits / vege do u juice in a day? or how many ML of pure juice do u drink in a day?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For those with angina or respiratory problems, juice few raw onions and consume it in the morning.. Doesn't taste nice but its effective for the chest.. Best to consume it in the morning on an empty tummy..

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not a fervent juicer nor do I watch my diet very closely but am nevertheless somewhat conscious about what I eat. I do like fruit juices and drink it whenever I have access to it but am not religious about it. Below is an article I came across that might be of interest to those of you who are in this discussion.

Cheers!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...rink-your-daily-fruit-intake/article18644462/

Eating your daily fruit intake is healthier than drinking it Add to ...

Carly Weeks

The Globe and Mail
Published Tuesday, May. 13 2014, 4:11 PM EDT
Last updated Tuesday, May. 13 2014, 4:11 PM

What is juice? According to Canada’s Food Guide, the country’s official healthy-eating bible, a half-cup of 100-per-cent fruit juice is equivalent to a serving of fruit. But if you ask a nutritionist, obesity expert or public-health advocate, you will likely get a different answer.
As more evidence emerges showing a link between moderate or high sugar consumption and heart disease, stroke, obesity and other serious health problems, many experts are looking at sugars, and the sources of the sweet stuff – even vitamin-rich juice – in a new way. And that means pure fruit juice, once the beacon of balanced breakfasts and nutritious school lunches, is undergoing a rapid reassessment.
“It’s flat soda pop masquerading as healthful,” said Dr. Yoni Freedhoff, assistant professor of family medicine at the University of Ottawa and medical director of the Bariatric Medical Institute.
It’s becoming increasingly clear that despite what many of us believe, fruit juice is not a healthy choice.
For years, conventional wisdom said that even though 100-per-cent fruit juice contains a fair bit of sugar, any negative effects were outweighed by the vitamins and nutrients it contains.
That thinking led Health Canada to count a half-cup of pure fruit juice toward the daily servings of fruit and vegetables recommended by the Canada Food Guide, a document used by public-health officials, dietitians, nutritionists and educators across the country. And it’s what led the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada to allow many fruit-juice makers to put its coveted Health Check seal on their products.
Now, the tide is turning. A study published earlier this year in the Journal of the American Medical Association found that people who get 10 to 25 per cent of their daily calories from sugar increase their risk of cardiovascular problems by as much as 30 per cent. In March, the World Health Organization declared that people should limit consumption of “free sugars,” which includes sugar added to food by manufacturers or consumers, as well as fruit juice, honey and syrups, to no more than 10 per cent of total daily calories. Ideally, the WHO says the limit should be 5 per cent of daily calories, which is about 100 for the average adult. There’s at least that many calories in half a cup of most types of 100-per-cent juice.
The Heart and Stroke Foundation is in the midst of a major review of its policies on sugar consumption, and the outcome could result in changes to which products qualify for the Health Check program, said Manuel Arango, the organization’s director of health policy.
The Canadian Paediatric Society’s guidelines say children should drink no more than a half-cup of juice a day – 100-per-cent fruit juice, not juice blends or cocktails, which often contain added sugar.
Aside from the sugar content, there are a few other concerns that make fruit juice a less-than-ideal choice. Fruit juice doesn’t have the fibre or phytochemicals found in whole fruit. And a number of studies have found that drinking juice doesn’t help people feel full, even though a glass of it contains a few hundred calories.
“It’s not as clearly bad as sugar water, but it [has] nowhere near the health benefits that actual fruit has,” said Dr. Tom Warshawski, pediatrician and chair of the Childhood Obesity Foundation.
Diane Welland, nutrition communications manager with the Washington-based Juice Products Association, takes a different view. “I think some of these worries are unfounded,” she said.
The Juice Products Association has research showing people who consume fruit juice also eat healthier diets than people who don’t and that fruit juice, on its own, cannot explain rising rates of obesity and other health problems.
Carol Freysinger, executive director of the Juice Products Association, said fruit juice is just the latest victim of the anti-sugar crusade. “Sugar is the demon du jour,” she said.
She may be right. But as new reports and warnings about the dangers of moderate and excessive sugar consumption continue to dominate headlines, health experts want to capitalize on the opportunity to deliver a simple, but very important, message.
“You should eat your fruit and drink your water,” says Warshawski. “You shouldn’t try to drink your fruit.”

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
starting on exercise program again. This time redoing p-90x. Did this like 3 years ago. It's really good since they plan the workout for you and even the diet. You can follow the diet and you probably should if possible. Think it's better than insanity which is pure cardio workout.