• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why is marijuana Illegal and why do we hang people for it?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Good For Bodybuilding Too

I heard of hemp some years back when I was really serious about bodybuilding and going to the gym frequently. Yah, I have heard of "Hemp For Victory" because the US Navy needed good ropes for ships. Jeans will be durable if we use hemp instead of cotton.

The funny thing is : marijuana has to be distinguished between a male and a female plant.

in southwestern taiwan, it's sisal hemp for national defense.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Defiantly not during their development period. Your body will usually totally develop by the time you are 21 after that it will start to age, So only after 21 when all your organs have fully grown. Plus you dont want a lazy kid, A kid's job is to go to school and run around, Lazying around as a kid means stunning their growth.

I suppose you have kids? How old are they? If you don't then I guess I have nothing further to add.

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suppose you have kids? How old are they? If you don't then I guess I have nothing further to add.

Nope i dont have kids, Still single... But i have read up about cannabis and Children and its a big No No for them.

Last edited:

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to add.

Im not one who is gunning for Legalization, But more on Human Rights. The topic was open to discuss whether it is justifiable to hang/criminalize cannabis users/traffickers when we know it doesnt cause any death/harm. Singapore is a conservative nation and I too is a fairly conservative individual but Laws has to be changed and balanced to be fair for individuals. It is right to take away their life cause of this drug?

I cant really talk for other Drugs like Meth/Heroin and all those other bullshit drugs. I cant talk on behalf of Hard-drug Traffickers whether to take their life or not cause i too believe this drugs is extremely deadly and should be wiped off from this planet but on hard-drug addicts i think we should treat them as patients cos they are Sick people and i do hope this people get send to rehab instead of Prison to cure their Illness.

Last edited:

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Psy83 bro, to be fair, my friends were real serious about their claims just like you. No one is dicrediting your claims. The legality of cannabis has been debated for decades. At the end of the day, it is still an illicit drug deemed to have a high potential for abuse and whatever arguments potheads come up with, the fact remains that it has no legitimate medical uses. That is why many countries prohibit the sale, purchase, manufacture, usage and possession of the drug. Some countries tolerate its existence, others don't.

IMHO, from personal experience, people who use marijuana develop a psychological dependency on it and a lot of talented people I know got their otherwise bright lives screwed up through their habit. Instead of developing their talents and living fruitful, productive lives, they have money, relationship, health problems. A lot of good things could have happened if they laid off the weed and started living healthier, wholesome lives.

Nope. I'm sorry. Cannabis is not a miracle drug.

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Psy83 bro, to be fair, my friends were real serious about their claims just like you. No one is dicrediting your claims. The legality of cannabis has been debated for decades. At the end of the day, it is still an illicit drug deemed to have a high potential for abuse and whatever arguments potheads come up with, the fact remains that it has no legitimate medical uses. That is why many countries prohibit the sale, purchase, manufacture, usage and possession of the drug. Some countries tolerate its existence, others don't.

IMHO, from personal experience, people who use marijuana develop a psychological dependency on it and a lot of talented people I know got their otherwise bright lives screwed up through their habit. Instead of developing their talents and living fruitful, productive lives, they have money, relationship, health problems. A lot of good things could have happened if they laid off the weed and started living healthier, wholesome lives.

Nope. I'm sorry. Cannabis is not a miracle drug.

Sorry i dont agree with you that there is no legitimate medical usage for cannabis, If not there wont be thousands of medical marijuana shops thru-out Usa/cannada, And millions of ill people with Aids, Cancer wont get doctor prescribing it to them.(Remember that doctors have an Oath) You can have a psychological dependency on almost everything etc. alcohol, coffee, sweet drinks, tobacco, Gambling or playing Video games just to name a few.
As long as you do not have a balance in life and is all play and no work you can wreck your life with or without cannabis.
And yes Im pretty confident it is a miracle drug and there are medical usage for it. Go read up on Medical Marijuana and watch videos of those who are severely ill and needs them to feel better.

I suggest you go and watch videos that has been posted earlier on as to why it is illegal in the first place, Go read on how it became illegal and why. You might be exposed to the drug hanging around with a couple of dummy buddies but the truth is you still dont know much about it and your statement shows that you have not done a thru research on it(A proper Research) . Its pretty obviously that you are also penning down your thoughts with regards to your morals and Principals. I know so many people who are lawyers, business owners and people who are earning tens of thousands of dollars who consume cannabis for decades and their life is all fine and dandy, Almost 50% of college students consume it while taking their Degrees/masters/phd and most of them pass. So it is basically this.. There is no work and play balance with those who screw up. There is no Self discipline involved. And if you are a once in awhile consumer you will not have any Psychological dependency on it but of cos if you do it everyday, it becomes part of your life just like masturbating:biggrin: but remember cannabis users when they abrutly stop will not have any psychical withdrawing sytoms at most you will feel bored and for the next 1 to 2days you will sleep later then usual. I have Hundreds of cannabis friends in australia of all age and social class..I have talked and learn alot about it from them and have extensively done research about this drug close to 10yrs now. So let me ask you This do you know better or do i? Im not a smoker btw just like you and i believe im a fairly conservative individual just like you. But facts are facts and personnel morals/principals are another. You just cant look at a thing and say well this this this when you did not make the effort of diving deeper into the issue to find out how it became like this, And its always because there is no self-discipline not because of dependency on the drug unlike Meth, Ice, Heroin.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Defiantly not during their development period. Your body will usually totally develop by the time you are 21 after that it will start to age, So only after 21 when all your organs have fully grown. Plus you dont want a lazy kid, A kid's job is to go to school and run around, Lazying around as a kid means stunning their growth.

smoking weeds is not always about laziness ..some weeds can make the most boring job interesting , depends on what kind of weeds .

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hello ...you are talking to a weed expert here ...are you going to said that weed from san francisco makes you more handsome ? :wink:

It makes Eatshitndie and Gopalan Nair more handsome and virile. As for me, I'm too handsome and virile at peak already. No room left for improvement, with or without any weed or whatever. :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It makes Eatshitndie and Gopalan Nair more handsome and virile. As for me, I'm too handsome and virile at peak already. No room left for improvement, with or without any weed or whatever. :wink:

whahaha...but you still lose to me , dont forget :wink:

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
hello ...you are talking to a weed expert here ...are you going to said that weed from san francisco makes you more handsome ? :wink:

How many years have you been smoking, And being an expert on it, Care to give some pros/cons associated with it. Care to debunk a couple of myths and give your 2 cent worth on Cannabis. Is it also justifiable to throw people in jail for consuming it and it is right to hang people for trafficking Cannabis.

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
One thing i noticed is, Many of the guys here have been aboard for work and study and many of them have smoked cannabis before but only shy/worried to say so.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha, ha. Marijuana is not a cure drug. Medical marijuana laws are such a scam in the US that many are trying to get rid of them. Doctors who hand out marijuana cards do so to get rich off the drug, handing out to anyone who has $150. So if someone comes to them with any kind of pain, they can get "high" by smoking pot legally. That is how abuses are carried out on a daily basis and is causing such a social problem. The American Cancer Society, The American Glaucoma Society, the National Multiple Sclerosis Society...etc... all oppose marijuana as a medicine. Go check that out if you don't believe me.

Yes, you can have dependency on anything but when the dependency is on drugs, it is another thing altogether. Like I said, I have seen really bright kids being screwed up. Sad but true. Nobody ever became anybody through smoking pot. People may experiment with weed for a while but many will be smart enough to quit and treat the experience as part of growing up. Those who keep smoking it for years are morons and many end up having mental problems. Funny thing about them is, they keep justifying their addiction - a sure giveaway that they are dependent on the drug.