• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"Hanging Coffee" pay for 2, Drink One, and Hang One

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This Started in Naples.
There is a little coffee shop, where two people arrive and approached the counter.
“Five coffees ☕️please. Two for us and three hanging.”
They paid, they took their two coffees and left.
I asked the waiter. "What is this about hanging coffees?"
“Wait and you will see."
Some more people came in.
Two girls asked for a coffee each, they paid and left.
The following order was for seven coffees and it was made by three women - ‘three for them and four hanging coffees.’
I was left wondering...what is the meaning of the hanging coffees, they leave.
Then, a man dressed in worn clothes, who looks like he might be homeless, arrives at the counter and asks sincerely...
“Do you have a coffee hanging?"
“Yes we do, sir.”
They serve him a coffee.... I got my answer.
People pay in advance for a coffee that will be served to whoever cannot afford a hot drink.
This tradition started in Naples.
Amazingly, it has spread throughout the world’s cities and towns.
It is also possible to order not only "hanging coffees" but also a sandwich or a full low cost meal.
Wouldn’t it be great if we could all start doing this in the cities and towns where we live?
Small kindnesses like this can impact so many lives, in ways we could never imagine.
Maybe we should all try it.❤️
BE KIND

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
at starbucks and peets in sillycon valley baristas will have free cups of coffee ready for the bums and homeless. don’t need hanging coffees. these bums will actually go for the milk canisters as milk fills an empty stomach better than coffee. the new policy is now free coffee for bums but milk is added behind the counter. no more half and half at self serving stands.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nabez, sekali along comes syed and he'll ask for kopi-si kosong - and demand that it must also be "kurang manis" :eek:
i’ll be more demanding. for me, my hanging beverage will be teh-c halia pok kurang manis with kulit kayu manis, jintan manis, pelaga, and bunga cengkih. and grin at chiobu barista waiting for barrage of abuse.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i’ll be more demanding. for me, my hanging beverage will be teh-c halia pok kurang manis with kulit kayu manis, jintan manis, pelaga, and bunga cengkih. and grin at chiobu barista waiting for barrage of abuse.
hanor, bet you'll oso demand for her bergedil cuntlet to be included for some finger lickety-splitting moments - to go! :whistling: