• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who has already finished using all his $500 CDC vouchers?

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
How many hawker stalls accept CDC voucher?
This year got twice the no. of merchants than 2023.

If any hawker stall dun accept CDC, jitao complain to Lawrence Wong. :biggrin:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...ow-claim-heartland-shops-supermarkets-4022251
" About 23,000 merchants are participating in the scheme in 2024, double that of 2021, said Mr Wong.
“Quite a number of merchants, shops and supermarkets are going beyond just participating in the scheme. They are also extending their own discounts and rebates, so if you use the CDC vouchers there, you get additional rebates,” said Mr Wong, who is also Finance Minister. "

Last edited:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...ow-claim-heartland-shops-supermarkets-4022251
" About 23,000 merchants are participating in the scheme in 2024, double that of 2021, said Mr Wong.
“Quite a number of merchants, shops and supermarkets are going beyond just participating in the scheme. They are also extending their own discounts and rebates, so if you use the CDC vouchers there, you get additional rebates,” said Mr Wong, who is also Finance Minister. "
Can use it for Hai di Lao?

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

Last time at coffee shops near my place...none accept the vouchers...so I gave it away

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$500 is for the entire household, not for individual.
finish in a month is normal and understandable which means u are making good use of it in your essential purchase.

But finish it in 2 days by splurging on extravagant purchase treating it like some generous bonus free money from the Gov is kum gong as it is not free but a form of reimbursement for inflation.
Why not possible? $500 is for the entire household members, not for one person.

jw5

Loyal
How many hawker stalls accept CDC voucher?

Based on my experience in trying to use the 2023 vouchers, very few. I don't know whether it is because I only started using the vouchers in the last quarter of 2023, perhaps some of the hawkers who were on the scheme previously, decided to withdraw. :frown:

jw5

Loyal
Anyone? What did you spend on?

Have not redeemed yet, will probably do so in a few months time. :biggrin:
Supermarket will spend at NTUC, atas Cold Storage doesn't accept. :rolleyes:
The other vouchers will have to look around where to spend. As I noted in my earlier post, very few hawkers accepted the vouchers in the last quarter of 2023. :frown:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Based on my experience in trying to use the 2023 vouchers, very few. I don't know whether it is because I only started using the vouchers in the last quarter of 2023, perhaps some of the hawkers who were on the scheme previously, decided to withdraw. :frown:
Many hawkers and vendors that I usually patronized stopped accepting CDC vouchers after Sept.

jw5

Loyal
Many hawkers and vendors that I usually patronized stopped accepting CDC vouchers after Sept.

That explains the difficulty I had in trying to use the vouchers after Sep. This could also mean that these hawkers may not be on the scheme in 2024. :frown:

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
finish in a month is normal and understandable which means u are making good use of it in your essential purchase.
But finish it in 2 days by splurging on extravagant purchase treating it like some generous bonus free money from the Gov is kum gong as it is not free but a form of reimbursement for inflation.
I know of an acquaintance who splurged all his $250 CDC vouchers for a "zichar" dinner to celebrate his son's birthday last year. It depends on what matters to the recipient. Perhaps he gained great satisfaction from getting the money to throw the celebration without digging into hi own pockets.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
IMM was super crowded yesterday, I'm sure many were using their CDC vouchers there.

There was also a long queue at the SG pools outlet, next to the sushi restaurant.

KingFook Sr

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know of an acquaintance who splurged all his $250 CDC vouchers for a "zichar" dinner to celebrate his son's birthday last year. It depends on what matters to the recipient. Perhaps he gained great satisfaction from getting the money to throw the celebration without digging into hi own pockets.
Chiu not a good liar.
Last year no $250.
Loser.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chiu not a good liar.
Last year no $250.
Loser.
To be honest, I actually don't remember how much was dispensed because the Govt is giving me a "chicken wing" from the "whole chicken" that I paid earlier in the form of both direct and indirect taxation, so the vouchers are from my own money.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Watson guardian unity all these pharmacies doesn't accept cdc voucher.
But some of these outlets are using the premises of ntuc, then become can use.

Some hawker more honest. Food cost $4.50 use $5 voucher will get back 50cents change. Some will makan the 50cents

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Watson guardian unity all these pharmacies doesn't accept cdc voucher.
But some of these outlets are using the premises of ntuc, then become can use.
Some hawker more honest. Food cost $4.50 use $5 voucher will get back 50cents change. Some will makan the 50cents
Venus, which sell toiletries, accepts the CDC vouchers.