• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which local food will be banned next?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
that goes to prove that there is no decent chin lawyer in canada, this will not happen in USA, they will be sue until the whole city goes broke.

California does not have good lawyers then. According to this article, 5 states in USA have banned shark's fin.

http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC120423-0000006/Goal-to-make-Spore-free-of-sharks-fins

When I was in Shanghai last year, that ex-Houston Rockets (I think Yao Ming?) basketball star was making puiblic statements discouraging fellow chinese to stop consuming the soup too. It is a trend that will take off and eating shark's fin will eventually become a thing of the past. Like smoking.

Cheers!

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
California does not have good lawyers then. According to this article, 5 states in USA have banned shark's fin.

http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC120423-0000006/Goal-to-make-Spore-free-of-sharks-fins

When I was in Shanghai last year, that ex-Houston Rockets (I think Yao Ming?) basketball star was making puiblic statements discouraging fellow chinese to stop consuming the soup too. It is a trend that will take off and eating shark's fin will eventually become a thing of the past. Like smoking.

Cheers!

i do not see anywhere that shark fins soup banned in USA.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nah beh....sorri, my english not so good...yes, foie gras, but you get the picture.

ya lah. fucking hell, the world exist 2 laws, one for white and one for colored - as if white not a color.

they ought to take a good look at themselves, eat all the games & what nots.

but hor...caviar not with Dom Perignon lah...its better with vodka i heard. chilled vodka.

Yup! with Vodka...

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
probably in the past yes. Eating sharksfin is machiam like a status show off, and most rich tao keh, or wannabe will do that.

in recent times, every mother son go to a chinese restaurant will order sharksfin, this has cheapen this once treasured commodity.

so in present context, not only chin takes them, every color, language all eat sharkfins.

But i dun see any shark fins soup in western restaurant menu. They want to save the shark, just nuke singapore, hong kong, taiwan and china. shark will be saved.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
who eat shark fin soup other than chin

Shark fin is big biz in Thailand. They call it hoo chalam in Thai, literally shark ear. Thailand is just about the only country that you can eat it in a coffeeshop or hawker stall without going to a restaurant. But of course it's still expensive stuff, whether in coffeeshop or hawker stall but less restaurant markup and service charge.

You start a campaign in Thailand to tell them that they cannot eat shark fin, they'll probably kill you and feed you to the shark. :eek: :biggrin:

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
i do not see anywhere that shark fins soup banned in USA.

Somewhere passed midway in the article...

"To date, only five states in the United States have passed Bills banning the sale, trade and possession of shark's fins. California - the biggest market for this trade outside Asia - became the latest to implement the ban starting in January this year. "

Cheers!

geylangchickenloyangduck

Alfrescian
Loyal
nah beh...was reading an article in Nat Geo, mentioned Mid East also harvesting ground for sharks fin...i wonder if they are killed the halal way ? No offense to Muslims, i know they don't eat sharks fin nor bird nest.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nah beh...was reading an article in Nat Geo, mentioned Mid East also harvesting ground for sharks fin...i wonder if they are killed the halal way ? No offense to Muslims, i know they don't eat sharks fin nor bird nest.

Fish without scales are automatically non-halal. Sharks don't have scales. They can't eat it but they can sell it. My neighborhood Muslim provision shop sells beer too.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Somewhere passed midway in the article...

"To date, only five states in the United States have passed Bills banning the sale, trade and possession of shark's fins. California - the biggest market for this trade outside Asia - became the latest to implement the ban starting in January this year. "

Cheers!

i am really surprise that it is possible in USA. I am shocked.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shark fin is big biz in Thailand. They call it hoo chalam in Thai, literally shark ear. Thailand is just about the only country that you can eat it in a coffeeshop or hawker stall without going to a restaurant. But of course it's still expensive stuff, whether in coffeeshop or hawker stall but less restaurant markup and service charge.

You start a campaign in Thailand to tell them that they cannot eat shark fin, they'll probably kill you and feed you to the shark. :eek: :biggrin:

no i support not eating shark fins, but i will not go around tell other people how to live their life. But for myself, eating shark fin is stupid, it is tasteless andserve no purpose.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shark meat is atrocious, worse wooden than chicken breast meat. Only part delicious is the fin.
They can ban it all they want, as if I care. They've banned dog meat. I still eat it. :biggrin:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
no i support not eating shark fins, but i will not go around tell other people how to live their life. But for myself, eating shark fin is stupid, it is tasteless andserve no purpose.

That is exactly my stance too. For what it is, its price is atrocious.

Cheers!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shark meat is atrocious, worse wooden than chicken breast meat. Only part delicious is the fin.
They can ban it all they want, as if I care. They've banned dog meat. I still eat it. :biggrin:

AMK GRC have a stray dog problem, you want to help them solve it, by catching a few & eating them?? and maybe you can invite pinky over for a beer & dog meat!?:biggrin: either he will thank you for the treat or TANK you!