• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat which is the best chicken rice stall

Which is the best chicken rice?

• 5 Star

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boon Tong Kee

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Chatterbox

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Loy Kee

• Swee Kee

• Tian Tian

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Wee Nam Kee

• Chin Chin

• Yet Con

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Where is the Margaret drive one? I wanna vote that shop.

Thanks @Froggy for the latest pics.
i think move the mei ling level 2.only open evening.noon i not sure.
looks good!

This one in block 40 Holland Drive is the real deal the others are simply relatives. Original son Benson is operating here.

Sin Kee Famous Chicken Rice
40 Holland Dr, Singapore 270040
+65 8428 7865
https://goo.gl/maps/Arhdn4KaM4uaFsUj6

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
Margaret drive one is at mei ling...holland drive one is a spinoff.. if you are a traditionalist margaret drive would be good if a purist boon tong kee and ah leong at shunfu

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Margaret drive one is at mei ling...holland drive one is a spinoff.. if you are a traditionalist margaret drive would be good if a purist boon tong kee and ah leong at shunfu

Because I grew up in Queenstown, driving centre to be exact, the Margaret Drive food centre (Tah Chung departmental store) is very familiar to me and also the stalls in the hawker centre. When the food centre was torn down Sin Kee Famous Chicken Rice was split into two or rather 3 where a son Niven opened a stall at Alexandra Village known as Uncle Chicken Rice. Father, Mr Leong with another son Benson started a new stall at Meiling Market, then there is the 3rd, a renegade group which is formed by some of their workers opened an aircon shop at the old Commonwealth Avenue round roof market -

Photo 15-3-06, 13 33 22.jpg

I should not call this renegade group "not original" because come on they we are from that original group with the owner Mr. Leong right? Its just that they used the same name and passed off as the owner thats all. I visited this joint a few times I have to say the taste of the rice is a little different, less fragrant. During my visits I did ask them where is Mr. Leong they simply said they don't know so I suspected something is going on. When I found father and son team opened at Meiling I started going there and stopped visiting the one at Commonwealth Avenue market. I also asked Benson what's with the Commonwealth branch he simply said they are not related.

So father and son were running the Meiling market stall for a while. It was also while there the Senior Leong passed away. Benson was running the show then.

One day, abruptly this Meiling stall closed. Yes no one know why, it simply closed without any sign or notice, it simply closed. I asked my friend owner of the famous fishball noodle also from Margaret Drive he told me everyone in the market also puzzled no one know what happened. After sometime I forgot how long maybe a year or more there was news that Benson had teamed up with brother Niven opening a stall somewhere in the east I believe Changi road. I did not visit.

Now let's talk about the renegade group by the workers. While Meiling stall was suddenly closed, the government took the Commonwealth Market back and and so the renegade group moved to 44 Holland Drive market, by the way this stall is still there now, it sells wanton noodle too. Also at the same time you started to see Sin Kee in many places even in Suntec/Millenia.

As sudden as Sin Kee in Meiling close one day Benson was found in Block 40 Holland Drive and he has been there till now.

As for the rest all I can say is they are not from the Leong family.

By the way the stall abandon by Benson had recently opened by the renegade group again calling themselves Sin Kee occupying the original 2 side by side stalls but this time one stall is selling chicken rice while another stall is selling fried chicken wings and fried beehoon and now they are passing off themselves as the 16 storey (十六楼) famolud fried chicken wings, seems like they are off to no good.

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because I grew up in Queenstown, driving centre to be exact, the Margaret Drive food centre (Tah Chung departmental store) is very familiar to me and also the stalls in the hawker centre. When the food centre was torn down Sin Kee Famous Chicken Rice was split into two or rather 3 where a son Niven opened a stall at Alexandra Village known as Uncle Chicken Rice. Father, Mr Leong with another son Benson started a new stall at Meiling Market, then there is the 3rd, a renegade group which is formed by some of their workers opened an aircon shop at the old Commonwealth Avenue round roof market -

View attachment 69632

I should not call this renegade group "not original" because come on they we are from that original group with the owner Mr. Leong right? Its just that they used the same name and passed off as the owner thats all. I visited this joint a few times I have to say the taste of the rice is a little different, less fragrant. During my visits I did ask them where is Mr. Leong they simply said they don't know so I suspected something is going on. When I found father and son team opened at Meiling I started going there and stopped visiting the one at Commonwealth Avenue market. I also asked Benson what's with the Commonwealth branch he simply said they are not related.

So father and son were running the Meiling market stall for a while. It was also while there the Senior Leong passed away. Benson was running the show then.

One day, abruptly this Meiling stall closed. Yes no one know why, it simply closed without any sign or notice, it simply closed. I asked my friend owner of the famous fishball noodle also from Margaret Drive he told me everyone in the market also puzzled no one know what happened. After sometime I forgot how long maybe a year or more there was news that Benson had teamed up with brother Niven opening a stall somewhere in the east I believe Changi road. I did not visit.

Now let's talk about the renegade group by the workers. While Meiling stall was suddenly closed, the government took the Commonwealth Market back and and so the renegade group moved to 44 Holland Drive market, by the way this stall is still there now, it sells wanton noodle too. Also at the same time you started to see Sin Kee in many places even in Suntec/Millenia.

As sudden as Sin Kee in Meiling close one day Benson was found in Block 40 Holland Drive and he has been there till now.

By the way the stall abandon by Benson had recently opened by the renegade group again calling themselves Sin Kee occupying the original 2 side by side stalls but this time one stall is selling chicken rice while another stall is selling fried chicken wings and fried beehoon and now they are passing off themselves as the 16 storey (十六楼) famolud fried chicken wings, seems like they are off to no good.
U should know this guy right since you used to visit margaret drive?
22-34474246.4_40151201_-_10_10_2016_-_bcliang13.jpg

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks Pee Kob for the history lesson.
I’m a Meiling Street boy myself and I’m not aware the current meiling street market SinKee is a fake.
but luckily I chanced upon the one in block 40 some time back.

those fucking Hawkers faking famous Hawkers brand names really got no shame.
Example is the sungei Road trishaw laksa.....shameless bastard even got a Michelin bib. That’s why those Michelin fuckers are useless

SirRichard

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went to Tian tian to eat after many years absence, i'm surprised that there was no long queue ( weekdays, 1130am) , taste don't have the wow factor anymore.. Also, they don't give soup? In the past also don't give soup is it? I don't remember whether they give soup in the past.. There are nicer chicken rice elsewhere..

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I went to Tian tian to eat after many years absence, i'm surprised that there was no long queue ( weekdays, 1130am) , taste don't have the wow factor anymore.. Also, they don't give soup? In the past also don't give soup is it? I don't remember whether they give soup in the past.. There are nicer chicken rice elsewhere..
Tian Tian went downhill after they started opening branches and the head Chef quit and open rival stall in maxwell. Their branch in hotel boss foodcourt in town also no business until need to close shop

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal

View attachment 69632

sad to see this kind of thing. hits close to home for me. btw, your friend is the famous fishball noodle at Margaret Drive? The teochew uncle with a perm and gold chain? I think I was his best customer... :biggrin:

JOKERCHEW

Alfrescian
Loyal
sad to see this kind of thing. hits close to home for me. btw, your friend is the famous fishball noodle at Margaret Drive? The teochew uncle with a perm and gold chain? I think I was his best customer... :biggrin:

Bestest cuNtomer?
He gave you sextra balls,

i mean ,
fish balls?:biggrin:.

=JC=

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
U should know this guy right since you used to visit margaret drive?

Legendary King of Xinyao. Remembered those days when I young have primary school classmate told me Liang is from his secondary school Q’town Tech. Anyway this is a beautiful song by him talked a little about him growing up in Q’town.

The perm hair uncle you are referring to owns the stall known as Xin Lu 新路, in the old Margaret Drive food centre located on the inside. Behind Xin Lu on the outside first stall is my friend's stall Hup Kee.

The permed hair owner stall Xin Lu is now managed by his son in Meiling
eWRUOz0.jpg

This is Hup Kee my friend's stall in Meiling
rGY3a2H.jpg

GU1t3Ua.jpg

eUoHKzW.jpg

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey talking about Margaret Drive market.
I remembered there used to be another chicken rice stall downstairs. It was less famous of course but the CK Tang family always have Sunday lunch there after their church. The church was in one of the old cinemas. And anyone remembered the 2 corner drinks /ice kachang stalls that were fierce rivals?
My favourite fishball noodles was the one along the same row facing the carpark

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Legendary King of Xinyao. Remembered those days when I young have primary school classmate told me Liang is from his secondary school Q’town Tech. Anyway this is a beautiful song by him talked a little about him growing up in Q’town.

The perm hair uncle you are referring to owns the stall known as Xin Lu 新路, in the old Margaret Drive food centre located on the inside. Behind Xin Lu on the outside first stall is my friend's stall Hup Kee.

The permed hair owner stall Xin Lu is now managed by his son in Meiling
eWRUOz0.jpg

This is Hup Kee my friend's stall in Meiling
rGY3a2H.jpg

GU1t3Ua.jpg

eUoHKzW.jpg
wow! you really know your stuff. Next time I'll give Hup Kee a try! :thumbsup:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hey talking about Margaret Drive market.
I remembered there used to be another chicken rice stall downstairs. It was less famous of course but the CK Tang family always have Sunday lunch there after their church. The church was in one of the old cinemas. And anyone remembered the 2 corner drinks /ice kachang stalls that were fierce rivals?
My favourite fishball noodles was the one along the same row facing the carpark

You could be referring to the other famous chicken rice stall downstairs serving only roasted chicken, Tong Kee 东记, moved to Tanglin Halt Food Centre this is the location and link

Tong Kee Chicken Rice From Margaret Drive
3A Commonwealth Dr
https://maps.app.goo.gl/LSXBoJert4bLRwq9A

tong-kee-chicken-rice.jpg

5a3a60553636458fc681454047_original.jpeg

Photos from Google

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset