• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat which is the best chicken rice stall

Which is the best chicken rice?

• 5 Star

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boon Tong Kee

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Chatterbox

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Loy Kee

• Swee Kee

• Tian Tian

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Wee Nam Kee

• Chin Chin

• Yet Con

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Insider Player

Alfrescian
Loyal
personally i feel boon tiong kee chick rice is score 8/10 all the time.no drop in standard
Boon Tong Kee is Cantonese. Chicken Rice must leave it to the Hainanese.
there are many good ones out there.
It’s not hard to make a good chicken rice dish right down to the chilli sauce. Just need put in extra effort and time. Which some Hawkers aren’t willing to do coz they selling it cheap. I’m sure they know how to do a better version but doesn’t make business sense to them.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best roast chicken rice eastern chicken rice for their roasted chicken at whampoa market opens only from 9 am to 1pm...4d winners always bao whole store...still selling at 250...best white chicken ironically that I have tried is at a popular braise duck rice store along clementi ave 5...speaking of kampong chicken rice at thompson the white chicken rice store at shunfu market is also good...both these stores mentioned has the jelly layered skin which is an acquired taste...View attachment 69504View attachment 69505View attachment 69506View attachment 69509View attachment 69510
I second upvote the kampong chicken. love the jelly layer....

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
The C-Lau-Kow always go Tekka eat
Cheekon Lice.
Dont know which stall.

But he go eat or Beo the stall-mei mei?

@glockman
@nightsafari
@sweetiepie

Any eye-deer?
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
no_idea_no_eye_deer_t_shirt-rb8aa9e3e1beb42ffb54bea421531761c_jyr6s_307.jpg

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think move the mei ling level 2.only open evening.noon i not sure.
One of the relatives/disciples opened at 40 Holland drive. They split shops faster than I can forget Margaret Drive. Lol.

It reminds me of Laksa, every hawker claims to be from Katong.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kampong Chicken is not suitable to make chicken rice.
Chicken Rice need fat farmed chickens. Kampong free range chickens are too scrawny with not enough fats. If you been to indon kampong and see those skinny kampong chickens you’ll know what I mean.
I agree with you. except that the place called kampong chicken in name only. it is not really a kampong chicken that they are using. they are using fat farm raised birds...