• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Whats ur Favourite Place to Dine In Singapore?

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Char Kway Teow - Margaret Drive Market (very nice old man)
Must have been a long while since u there? Facing church side? No sign of stall, never mind that so called "nice man" (must have been a stand-in for unsmiling chap):p

WOOHOO

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must have been a long while since u there? Facing church side? No sign of stall, never mind that so called "nice man" (must have been a stand-in for unsmiling chap):p

are you talking about HAI JI?? The one have to queue quite long de and open from 5-10pm only and closed every sunday?? Really not there le ma?

kopi-C

Alfrescian
Loyal
in terms of good western food just like the americans.

nope, not botak jones, thats crap! so expensive and doesnt really go well with me. i would suggest, serangoon gardens. nope, not chomp chomp. haha

one of the coffeeshops in serangoon gardens, along maju avenue, stall name is ASTONS and its damn good. reasonably priced for good food!

while ure there can try the char kway teow also.. not bad as well. =)

nearby, theres one of my childhood favourite restaurants, country mana. i super loved the soup with the baked crusted pastry above. just so tasty and shiok lah!

WOOHOO

Alfrescian
Loyal
in terms of good western food just like the americans.

nope, not botak jones, thats crap! so expensive and doesnt really go well with me. i would suggest, serangoon gardens. nope, not chomp chomp. haha

ya totally agree botak jones is crap food man but I noticed that good western food in coffeeshops often dun last very long due to high overhead and rising food costs!! So sad:( How I wish more ppl will support these small little hawkers that provide really good food with reasonable pricing. But not everyone wants to have western food everyday that's the problem. Have to admit I'm one of them too.

sponge05

Alfrescian
Loyal
Add in a few of my FAVs

GOOD ASIAN FOOD
Bak Chor Mee-Crawford Court(behind immigration) (nice, this used to be the Marina square one)
Char Kway Teow - Margaret Drive Market (very nice old man)
Sliced fish soup- Geylang Lor 20(ask for boneless pomfret)
Claypot Frog-leg Porridge at GL Lor 9
Hokkien Mee at Changi Airport Terminal 2 Canteen
Pig Organ Soup at Pioneer Mall foodCourt
Pig Organ Soup at Fouk Road, next to Lavander food centre.
Beef Noodles - Purvis Street
Prawn Noodles - Tai Thong Cresent
Duck Rice - Long House Food court (Thomson Road)
Wanton Mee - Lavender Foodcourt
Turtle Soup - Geylang Lor 21
Fish Head Steamboat - Coffeeshop Opp Texile Centre at Jalan Sultan Road

thelalaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
My favourite place is at the seletar air base there.. it is call sunset grill and pub.. i love to have dinner there ard the sunset timing. Good atmosphere and the foods are good too.. haha.. the buffalo wings.. oMg.. damn spicy.. but one problem is that got alot of mosquitoes.. sometime cannot tah han.. but they got put mosquitoes coil.. lol..

Bika

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is purely my taste...to me they are consider 1 of the best lah..

Bak Chor Mee-Aljunied Rd (off Lor 23 Geylang)
Char Kway Teow - Margaret Drive Market (very nice old man and puts plenty of hums)
Sliced Fish Soup - Sim Lim Square Food Court
Claypot Frog-leg Porridge at GL Lor 1
Prawn Noodles - Old Airport Road Food Center
Duck Rice - Whampoa Market (Braised), Henderson (Roasted)
Wanton Mee - Ubi (Kopitiam along main road)
Fish Head Steamboat - Balestier Road (Neat Caltex)

Bika

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some ideas for cheap and good food..

Eat more for less

Quality Cafe
Time: 11am - 2.30pm
Where: Quality Hotel Level 1, 201 Balestier Road
Go if you: Must have rice at every meal. There's pineapple, yam and chicken rice to choose from. Also available are a variety of unpretentious local fare like stir-fried vegetables, mee siam, yong tau foo and Chinese soups.
Go for: Laksa, chicken rice and chilli flower crabs with 'mantou' (buns).
Cost: $11.80++ (Mon - Thu) $13.80++ (Fri - Sun, eve of PH, PH)

Chilli Padi Nonya Cafe
Time: 11am - 2.30pm
Where: Northbridge Commercial Complex, #01-02, 470 North Bridge Road
Go if you: Like authentic Peranakan cuisine, rich in coconut milk and generous amounts of chilli. One of the highlights must be the desserts - a bright confetti of kuehs, durian chendol and pulut hitam (black glutinous rice paste).
Go for: The lontong, fish maw soup and, of course, the desserts.
Cost: $13.30+, no tax. (Mon - Fri) $14.30+ (Sat, Sun, PH)

Rice Table Indonesian Restaurant
Time: Noon - 3pm (Last order at 2.15pm)
Where: International Building #02-09/10 (Beside Shaw Centre), 360 Orchard Road
Go if you: Detest walking to and fro during buffet meals. Here they serve samplers of all 13 dishes once you sit down, and you simply order more of those you've taken a shine to. Meat and vegetable dishes are hearty, flavourful and often spicy.
Go for: The chicken satay with its addictive peanut sauce, sambal prawns and full-bodied chicken soup.
Cost: $14.80++ (Daily)

Bombay Cafe Xpress
Time: Noon - 2.30pm
Where: Suntec City Mall, #B1-020
Go if you: Love spicy food and Hindi movies, which play constantly on several wall-mounted TVs. It has eight different curries, so you can expand your horizon beyond 'curry chap chye' (mixed vegetable curry) in this vegetarian restaurant. Naans (free flow) are freshly made upon ordering at the counter, and there is a variety of Indian street snacks at the counter too.
Go for: The paneer masala (a curry), the fluffy, buttery naans and the DIY yoghurt salad.
Cost: $14.90++ (weekdays) $16.90++ (weekends)

This article was first published in The New Paper on July 14, 2008

kopi-C

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chicken Rice : Nam Kee Restuarant (Upper Thomson Road)
Duck Rice : Somewhere in Pasir Panjang (Braised duck) Upper Thomson Road @ talk cock sing song pub below, its a coffeeshop (Roasted Duck)
Fried fish soup with milk : Used to be at chinatown square but they have pulled down the building to renovate, dont know where now. damn good sia their soup!
Fishhead steamboat : Tian Wai Tian @ Macperhson there, the fire engine station opposite is a bak kwa stall, the coffeeshop around the corner there.
PRATA : Casurina prata shop at old upper thomson road

tenggiri

Alfrescian
Loyal
ya totally agree botak jones is crap food man but I noticed that good western food in coffeeshops often dun last very long due to high overhead and rising food costs!! So sad:( How I wish more ppl will support these small little hawkers that provide really good food with reasonable pricing. But not everyone wants to have western food everyday that's the problem. Have to admit I'm one of them too.

Bro Woohoo are you still managing yr list? It seem clearer when we had a standard list and then everyone just add on. Thanks.

WOOHOO

Alfrescian
Loyal
GOOD ASIAN FOOD
Bak Chor Mee-Crawford Court(behind immigration) (nice, this used to be the Marina square one)
Char Kway Teow - Margaret Drive Market (very nice old man puts plenty of hum)
Duck Rice : Somewhere in Pasir Panjang (Braised duck) Upper Thomson Road @ talk cock sing song pub below, its a coffeeshop (Roasted Duck)
Fish Head Steamboat - Balestier Road (Neat Caltex
Fishhead steamboat : Tian Wai Tian @ Macperhson there, the fire engine station opposite is a bak kwa stall, the coffeeshop around the corner
there.

WOOHOO

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apologies, my real bad. Silly of me to draw conclusion after some "misses" on sundays. Just snacked there, so your fave kuay teow chef still in control.. with webbie to boot::o:biggrin:

http://www.haikee.com.sg/

no worries you almost gave me a scare wahahahahhahaa hard to find a good char kway teow nowadays I really hate those foodcourt crap wahahahahaha

tenggiri

Alfrescian
Loyal
GOOD ASIAN FOOD (Tks bro Woohoo)
Penang Char Kway Teow - Jasons Penang Cuisine 01-112 ABC food centre (Brickworks).
Wanton mee - 01-09 Lucky Poh, Ghim Moh food centre.
Fishhead steamboat : Tian Wai Tian @ Macperhson there, the fire engine station opposite is a bak kwa stall, the coffeeshop around the corner
there.
Malay curry pok - Malay stall in coffee shop, Blk 631 Bedok Reservoir.

fenwick

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ha ha ha i can be quite sure you found it by FLUKE :biggrin: Hmm Blk 631 bedok reservoir ................ came across this address some where:biggrin:

tenggiri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha ha ha i can be quite sure you found it by FLUKE :biggrin: Hmm Blk 631 bedok reservoir ................ came across this address some where:biggrin:

The makchik scolded me for giving her five dollar note cos she lazy to give me change for 6 cully pok X 70c ea but she actually nice lady. Haha. The tasty ness and crispy ness of the cully pok is good and the size is slightly bigger than normal ones.

Last edited:

WOOHOO

Alfrescian
Loyal
Penang Char Kway Teow - Jasons Penang Cuisine 01-112 ABC food centre (Brickworks).
Wanton mee - 01-09 Lucky Poh, Ghim Moh food centre.
there.

can we consolidate all the good asean food instead of splitting up into two threads??