• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What things are cheaper in JB?

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
The survey should cover city areas only, then it is more reflective of the income level and affordability. Rural areas' income are lower and cost of living are also correspondingly cheaper. But they have land to grow crops and rear animals to supplement their income.

Was out to JB at Tebrau Market late at night. I was thinking if i can just enjoy cheap and good wan ton Noodle at AH BIAO wanton Noodle shop after putting in some petrol. They raise the price of their noodle to Rm 6.50 even for a small bowl. That is ridiculous !

I just inform my friends that i am boycotting this particular stall.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quotes from a few SG dentists for braces for my son range from S$4,500 to S$5,000. I was recommended a dentist in Skudai who's charging me RM2,500 to RM3,000 at the very most. Her clinic is very clean with impressive equipment. And since she's successfully done braces for two other kids whom I personally know, it became a no-brainer which dentist I choose.

Can PM me the contact too ?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was out to JB at Tebrau Market late at night. I was thinking if i can just enjoy cheap and good wan ton Noodle at AH BIAO wanton Noodle shop after putting in some petrol. They raise the price of their noodle to Rm 6.50 even for a small bowl. That is ridiculous !

I have already boycotted wanton noodles in JB, after eating $5 RM for a tiny plate near JB central last year. JB is getting seriously more expensive. I'm afraid 2015 will see even more prices escalating by another 10% at least. This is the price we pay for economic progress.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Haha..i din kau kuan them for so many yrs. They Upz price v fast.
rm4~4.50 still got la.

Last edited:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have already boycotted wanton noodles in JB, after eating $5 RM for a tiny plate near JB central last year. JB is getting seriously more expensive. I'm afraid 2015 will see even more prices escalating by another 10% at least. This is the price we pay for economic progress.

I think it is the rental of these places is rising at a ridiculous price that these outlet has to raise the price for the food sold. Rental cost will be a killer in future. Also when they see a lot more Singaporean coming over to eat over at the particular store they will jack up the price at a faster rate. Prime example Tebrau market. Others will not be so affected. The place is so run down and dirty and yet they have the cheek to up the price of their WANTON MEE. What i see is a total rip off.

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haze might be coming, and for this reason, I bought myself an air purifier in JB which is much cheaper than Singapore.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is the rental of these places is rising at a ridiculous price that these outlet has to raise the price for the food sold. Rental cost will be a killer in future. Also when they see a lot more Singaporean coming over to eat over at the particular store they will jack up the price at a faster rate. Prime example Tebrau market. Others will not be so affected. The place is so run down and dirty and yet they have the cheek to up the price of their WANTON MEE. What i see is a total rip off.

Bro , a lot of landlords are actually subsidisizing the tendants you know ?
Example , we have a shop lots brought at 700K 2yrs ago , rented at 3K . This year price have gong up to 1.2M , we renew contract at 4K and not double , very reasonable right ? Cant be property price up but rental remain the same what ?

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal
You got to buy a big one, since houses are generally bigger plus living in landed.

Already have a few at home. Just to have a little contribution to this thread as some
may still think that electrical goods are ex in Malaysia than Singapore due to import tax in MY, and as a gentle reminder to some about the haze issue.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro , a lot of landlords are actually subsidisizing the tendants you know ?
Example , we have a shop lots brought at 700K 2yrs ago , rented at 3K . This year price have gong up to 1.2M , we renew contract at 4K and not double , very reasonable right ? Cant be property price up but rental remain the same what ?

Yes you are right in the business sense.

Don't be like PAP Singapore Government , the moment they are earning less, they say they are subsidizing others.

In JB ,the agent just "SHOUT" and try to up the market without real fundemental to substantiate the increase. I think for your case, if you raise the rental to 6K, your tenant will just move on. In the end, you will end up poorer. Rental market has lots of consideration in Johore, including ease of collecting the rental from your tenant.

If you think i am wrong , you try selling your lot at RM 1.2 Million, see if there are takers for your lot.

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes you are right in the business sense.

Don't be like PAP Singapore Government , the moment they are earning less, they say they are subsidizing others.

In JB ,the agent just "SHOUT" and try to up the market without real fundemental to substantiate the increase. I think for your case, if you raise the rental to 6K, your tenant will just move on. In the end, you will end up poorer. Rental market has lots of consideration in Johore, including ease of collecting the rental from your tenant.

If you think i am wrong , you try selling your lot at RM 1.2 Million, see if there are takers for your lot.

Well from what I know , last transacted price is already above 1.2M , anyway wont be selling as I belive it got more potential . Actually I think is the owners that shout the price not the agents. Got real fundemental or not , not anyhow shout . Maybe some market play at work or maybe monkey see monkey do lah , as long as we dont be the last monkey can liao.:smile:

http://www.iproperty.com.my/propertylisting/2582440/nusa-bestari-2-shop-office-forsale

Last edited:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well from what I know , last transacted price is already above 1.2M , anyway wont be selling as I belive it got more potential . Actually I think is the owners that shout the price not the agents. Got real fundemental or not , not anyhow shout . Maybe some market play at work or maybe monkey see monkey do lah , as long as we dont be the last monkey can liao.:smile:

http://www.iproperty.com.my/propertylisting/2582440/nusa-bestari-2-shop-office-forsale

True too, it just the last one who will be the worst hit

sunny

Quotes from a few SG dentists for braces for my son range from S$4,500 to S$5,000. I was recommended a dentist in Skudai who's charging me RM2,500 to RM3,000 at the very most. Her clinic is very clean with impressive equipment. And since she's successfully done braces for two other kids whom I personally know, it became a no-brainer which dentist I choose.

Pls PM me the dental clinic for braces done in Skudai. Thanks !

dumb1

Alfrescian
Loyal
This morning had breakfast at perling. Kopi O rm1.20 (47c) and yutiao rm0.70 (27c) a piece.

Look like the daily savings on my ciggy alone is enough to pay for my breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as daily ciggy. A box at $12 compared to rm12 in my is a daily saving of rm19.20

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
This morning had breakfast at perling. Kopi O rm1.20 (47c) and yutiao rm0.70 (27c) a piece.

Look like the daily savings on my ciggy alone is enough to pay for my breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as daily ciggy. A box at $12 compared to rm12 in my is a daily saving of rm19.20

Singapore is killing every one