• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What PAP don't want you to know : Singapore named the world's most expensive city

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
They say import foreign labor/talents cheaper.....I believed

Our salary no increase much.......I know.

We depend on imports....... sgd is strong.

Then why we are the lumpar 1 most expensive city:confused::confused::confused:

Knnbccb this lanjiao city just nice for the million dollars elites... The rest of the peasants are farked!

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I checked the disposable income of countries here...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_average_wage

The French has an average disposable income of USD27,452 in 2011. Singapore was not listed. Why? Is it not obvious the PAP government is hiding the figures , since being such a small country and a "very advance" 1st world nation, these figure should not be difficult to derive at. Are they ashamed to tell the world that the world's most expensive city to live in has the poorest citizens living in it?

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
A Magnum impulse stick ice cream cost SGD3.90 in sgp.
The same cost RM3.90.

Either Sgp is most expensive or the company selling the ice cream is profiteering from its monopoly of the ice cream market in SGP...

Even though i think we are in the dumps but this one cannot be used to compare. Malaysian magnum is manufactured in Malaysia, while the one we have in Singapore is being brought in from UK I think. The quality are quite far apart. If you tried the Malaysian one, I think you will know the difference

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even though i think we are in the dumps but this one cannot be used to compare. Malaysian magnum is manufactured in Malaysia, while the one we have in Singapore is being brought in from UK I think. The quality are quite far apart. If you tried the Malaysian one, I think you will know the difference

Thai Magnum is good and cheap. Thailand produces a lot of fantastic snacks and drinks which can hardly be found overseas.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal

Put it this way, over here in USA haagen dazs pint is 2 for 5usd at my local sam's club. That's US$ 2.50 each or S$3.20. SG price is $15.50++

Anyway real shocker during this past CNY visit was one lunch at Brewerkz where we used to go in 2002-2004. Burger used to be $8 now $29.Beer used to be S$ 5 now S$12 so a beer and burger came out to be almost S$50.

Ouch

Last edited:

Maximuz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore now world's costliest

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...he-planet--but-what-about-london-9167514.html

Top 10 most expensive cities in the world: Singapore named costliest place to live on the planet – but what about London?

The island city of Singapore has been named the world’s most expensive city to live in, according to the latest data from a comprehensive study, while London did not even make the top 10.

The results from the Economist Intelligence Unit’s 2014 Worldwide Cost of Living survey, released today, placed Singapore ahead of 130 other cities based on more than 400 different price indicators, from basic groceries to the cost of heating.

Singapore is the most expensive place in the world to buy clothes, relies heavily on imported goods and has an increasingly strong currency. The EIU said the city’s transport costs are around three times higher than New York, which it used as a benchmark for comparisons.

“Singapore’s rise is partially attributable to the continued strength of the Singapore dollar, but the city has seen price rises too which have no doubt been compounded by a reliance on imports,” Jon Copestake, editor of the EIU report, told Bloomberg.

The city replaced Tokyo, last year’s winner, which has been pushed out into joint-sixth place. Making up the rest of the top five were Paris, Oslo, Zurich and Sydney in fifth.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
PPP is listed, then again you do have the point that its distorted by the elites. Singapore is still above swiss standard in that regards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

I checked the disposable income of countries here...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_average_wage

The French has an average disposable income of USD27,452 in 2011. Singapore was not listed. Why? Is it not obvious the PAP government is hiding the figures , since being such a small country and a "very advance" 1st world nation, these figure should not be difficult to derive at. Are they ashamed to tell the world that the world's most expensive city to live in has the poorest citizens living in it?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP greatest achievement since the birth of singapore.

we-are-the-champions1.jpg

Singapore

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I HAVE TRIED BOTH. They taste the same.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Will try next time I am there :smile:
laksaboy said:
Thai Magnum is good and cheap.
If I'm not mistaken, Magnums sold here (like gas stations) are from Thailand.

Even Haagen Daz has Asean regional management and finance based in Bkk. We even poached their regional accountant for our Sathorn office. But this is not to say their pricing is cheap locally there (another story).

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I'm not mistaken, Magnums sold here (like gas stations) are from Thailand.

Even Haagen Daz has Asean regional management and finance based in Bkk. We even poached their accountant for our Sathorn office. But this is not to say their pricing is cheap locally there (another story)

You have to read carefully the words on the wrapper and packaging.

In Thailand, you can easily spot the Thai words on the wrapper. If the ice cream comes from Thailand, then they must have repacked them.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just compare with HK.
There nothing in SG is cheaper than HK except salary for lowest 20% group eg. maid, construction worker, cleaner, security guard......................

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When numbers are good and favorable, PAPpigs will claim credit. Now 他媽 dispute on expensive city numbers.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Are you a fucking PAP running dog?

There is a piano wire with your name on it for you to dance to.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
hahaha......how do u know i have no malay friends???????
besides rantings and talking like my 3 year old grandson.......you are just another foul mouth empty vessel......
of course the cost of living in singapore is high....but we are comparing with cities like oslo, paris etc....
you are really my new idol......lol.

Why you bring your 3 year old grandson into this debate? That's low class and crass! You will use him to make a point against me? That's fucking pathetic. Don't involve your family members here lah, you lost the argument say so. We are not comparing Singapore with just Oslo, Paris, etc. The report compares 131 cities around the world. If you say one minority group in singapore with children have large TVs and large sofas, hence proving the cost of living is not high, than you are the empty vessel.